Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I do wonder whether people that live in a city/dense population area will have the means (transportation) other than foot; and the stamina (probably be hungry/weaker) to get very far/miles out. Or even if willing, what rough % stand a chance of making it. Some people freak when visiting me because it is so dark – no light pollution. Animals lurking out there in the dark too. Dunno. Selco got over a mountain and back in some horrendous weather. Guess no way to know til you know.

vettom
    vettom
    Survivalist
    member2

My plan is to get to my AO as soon as I can. I work 17 miles away and have figured a number of scenarios. Martial law, EMP, dollar collapse. grid down etc.
    Now, depending on scenario will depend on my movement, as we have several plans, A,B,C plus others that may join us etc. and the scenario we have not thought up yet LOL. For me I am not willing to travel anymore (no planes, trains, bus etc.) much beyond where I am until I see what these shitbirds have planned. As a Eagle Scout, I am trying to be prepared as I can be, adding more every chance I get.

Profile photo of eunowho
    eunowho
    Survivalist
    member1

I live at my bug-in location. I am elderly and the caretaker of someone with dementia, so that presents some unique problems. Main 3 goals would be same as nlouise. I believe in Jesus Christ as my savior and I will do all I am able to do and trust in God for the rest.
    I believe community is important. I live near relatives who are not preppers but when shtf we have each others back and neighbors who watch out for one another. I am a gardener and am working on being more self-sustaining. Some of the neighbors have skills that I don’t have and vice versa. I hope to get more of the neighbors interested in having their own gardens by starting plants and giving them to them. I have always been amazed that more people don’t plant fruit trees and bushes.
    I live in a small town and could see the ball diamond becoming a community garden and the church having a soup kitchen. There are vacant lots that could be gardened before that happens.
    Euno

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

We made a change about a year back, moving to a ‘better place’ not just economically, but socially and geographically.

Now, depending on what happens, we expect family to head our way. We live in the safest place of any of our family or friends. For better or worse, we’re stuck here short of the place burning down or something of the sort rendering it unusable.

We’re already fairly well established in the neighborhood, and getting there in the community.
    My job (gunsmith) plays into that extremely well here, as well as the wife’s.

Plan “B”, for now, it’s almost non-existent.
    For now, it’s going to stay that way, at least until I can get some projects finished (Yurt, rebuild the chuckwagon meal box, etc)
    A lot of our plans and such changed not just with the move, but an injury I sustained a couple of years back.

Top three goals?
    Figure out how to have a garden here.
    Get the food stocks back up, ran them down before the move, didn’t have room for them, literally.
    Get the wife and kids ready for hunting season (defensive shooting practice also) and the meat to come.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.