Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Give them a little more time (government has its own pace) and they’ll get around to making it illegal to walk to work. They want us engaged in taxable activities. When breathing is outlawed, only outlaws will be breathing.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The bureaucrats clearly do not understand rural poverty. The tiny houses are not widespread yet but the type of travel trailers they are talking about are everywhere. I haven’t seen them used as permanent dwellings around here but I can see how they can make for very cheap housing for low income people in rural areas. In some cases they’d be a step up from some of the 1960’s/1970’s mobile homes I see locally or other places that are on their way towards being uninhabitable in the not so distant future. Rural poor people generally do not have Section 8 housing available to them nor are there other forms of govt. funded affordable housing such as you see in urban/suburban areas. The only housing they have is that which they can pay for themselves, and sometimes its a 40 or 50 year old mobile home they paid $3,000 for. My town doesn’t have a health inspector, building inspector, fire inspector, or any other kind of inspector. If we did some of these places would likely be deemed uninhabitable, and if so some of these folks wouldn’t have anywhere else to go. As I said, these tiny houses and travel trailers could be a step up for some in rural areas.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

A large number of our now-former oilfield workers reside in these when out to work.
    It can be for weeks, months or years.

Trailer park across from where I had my shop had a steady stream of these going through every couple of months between jobs or until they could find a house.

The libtards have declared war on oil, coal and the American people.
    I am becoming very concerned that we are too far down the rabbit hole to ever get back.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

HUD can only enforce their rules on properties they finance.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

in the right location living in a tent is ok with me. If they take away SS that’s where a lot of old people and boomers will be living. I’ve seen people use RVs and tents in combination. That can be nice. The power is not as necessary so people use less. You don’t get hit with minimum charges. No job means not driving long distance to work and not needing the house you can’t afford. There is a whole lot of land in the country being abandoned. Houses to old to repair. Bad flood areas. Towns that can’t survive economically. Off grid living is future America. Cheaper and more self sufficient. the struggle to claw your way up to respectable middle class has become to hard. Too expensive. Too onerous, stressful and taxurious. Buy it once. Don’t buy it 10 times and then sell it for less than its worth.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.