Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

To go with my do 1 thing today goal – I decided to research something on my list – a numbing agent for medical purposes. I freely admit I don’t handle sharp stabbing pain very well!

Came across this post on a site I thought was interesting – how to make lidocaine. Selco or other med people -comments appreciated. I read the comments to that post as well and the author had some useful links

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Very good find tweva! You know I studied Medicine and only practice for two years and lift it. I do know a lot about how to take care of many medical problems in a SHTF times but lidocaine was one that I have been think about for a long time so I will be studying this and soon will buy some to save and store with all the medical tools I own for any small to larger wounds or gun shots. I hope that my studies will one day pay off.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Very interesting. Knowing just a few ways to prepare commonly used medicine could put everyone at a HUGE advantage in a SHTF situation.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

I didn’t have any success in finding any Lidocaine HCL (non powder variety, as per article) on sale in google. Has anyone any tips?

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I suspect this is s controlled substance.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Tweva very interesting information.
    I would choose to do it as a last resort, because it is hard to make it “at home” and be 100% sure that it is completely clean.
    One more reason for me is fact that here it is pretty easy to get all kind of (vial, ampule) drugs, and they are pretty cheap.
    So I am just piling that.
    But yes, I understand the point, knowledge is important about how to make something, I would go and check more about this definetly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.