Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/archives/4443

An interesting read for sure.

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Whirlibird Whirlibird.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“I think that the key is still to have means so as to not be there in the first place. Have a bug out plan. A place to go to, means to get there, and as I’ve posted many times before: TIMING IS EVERYTHING. Leaving in time means you can get the most out of what you leave behind, sell, or take with you. Running when the bombs are dropping is a tad to late. Expat or refugee, its all about timing. Feel free to quote me on that one!” good advice from farfal but hardly original, I guess he’s been reading selco’s posts.

It does raise the question; what would a war in the US be like? I realize this is an overly broad subject with many convoluted possibilities. Other than EMP what would transpire?

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

“It does raise the question; what would a war in the US be like?”
    I don’t believe that war would break out all over the US. Local problems (city, county, state) would escalate into a full regional conflict. Economical collapse, racial riots, full confiscation of weapons and specific actions by the Federal Government would trigger the problems.
    Would the onset be sudden, slow or unseen is my concern. I have group members in the local government emergency response field. They would be the first in our county to get a heads up by the state or federal government that something was happening elsewhere or planned for this area. I also have members in law enforcement.
    As things stand now our group would not pull the triggers and bug out. We would fall back to our own residences for the initial impact. Then we would move to the bug out location. Exactly when this would happen is fluid. All members are HAMs or have been given radios to monitor.
    If the single bug out location is not needed or compromised we would fall back to each others location. This location would be driven by actions of others in our area.
    We planned to be fluid in our actions but have set “triggers” that would put things into motion.
    Robin

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Robin ,
    No matter what scenario you use about war over here , ” its gunna get ugly ” is an understatement . Selco , pretty much described the prevailing situation here on this forum , which is that in any case , our fellow citizen will be our biggest threat on a day to day basis .

I was thinking about this just yesterday , and thought that for everyday people , the best situation would be what I call ” structured anarchy ” . Best example of this is the Roman civil wars , specifically the period starting with Caesar in Gaul , to Octavian ( Augustus ) becoming the first Emperor . There were three civil wars in quick succession , Caesar vs Pompey , Octavian and Antony vs Brutus and Cassius , Octavian and Agrippa vs Antony and Cleopatra . There was chaos at the top , but things for the average Roman changed very little , except where the fighting actually took place . That wont happen here , but for common people , it would be the best situation .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I wasn’t sure what thread to put this link, but thought this thread is about the devastation of war, this will do. This is Syria, if you haven’t seen any footage for a while it might shock you.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I suspect that a war being fought here would start as a localized battle in the west and spread from there. Once it became more than a battle over individual water rights or land rights, but an insurrection against a heavy handed government, then I believe the hammer of oppression would come down hard on all citizens.

While such a scenario is too horrible to even think about it, I get a sense that it is coming. Liberals that I know are even expressing an unease about the future. No can define it, but people from every political persuasion are expressing the same fear of a catastrophic event that will rip this country apart.

Having visited a number of Civil War battlefields over the years, and seeing the effects on the communities at the time, I pray we do not have to relive it.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

74 – Except for the tanks that clip looks like Mogadishu in 1995.
    Tolik – I agree that fellow Americans will be fighting each other.
    Robin

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Ok , Yes I know these guys are yellow journalism at its best , right up there with all the tabloids about Elvis and Hitler still alive , at the check out line in the grocery store . But I have heard from more credible sources that the Russians have accomplished more in three days than the “coalition ” has in a year against ISIS . As far as this topic goes , pay attention to the cluster bomb footage . Pretty nasty for the guy on the ground . As for the rest ? perhaps the trash can , you be the judge .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

There are so many possible scenarios that discussions of this nature are going to bounce all over the place. Big difference between Islamic terrorism vs war with Russia or China vs internal politically motivated civil war vs internal collapse due to economics. Just looking at war with external parties (Jihadis, Russia or China), there are big differences between cyberwar, biowar, nukes, and conventional war (soldiers, tanks, bombs etc). Of course it also possible to have more than just one scenario happening simultaneously or sequentially.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

There are so many possible scenarios …

Which is why it’s important that we each focus on the very basic preparation things first, then start preparing for the various scenarios that COULD happen. And then not get too overly focused (paranoid?) about any one scenario or another, to where life isn’t still worth living here and now, even in the midst of preparing for much worse. For most of us, life is still good, overall, and needs (and deserves) to be enjoyed.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Good points GS. To me the single most basic prep anyone can make is choosing where they live. No place is ideal and there are many factors that can come into play but it is the foundation upon which the rest of your preps will be built.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.