Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Interesting view on the movie Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and what it can teach us about survival and SHTF.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/prepping-101-lessons-from-planet-of-the-apes/

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Media of all sorts has been used to steer the public for a long time. I find it interesting how in the past few years more and more movies are being made about surviving some catastrophe. Are they sending a message or are they desensitizing the masses?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think that they are doing both. Some of these movies are sending a message and others are desensitizing the masses. I liked this article only because as a kid I loved the Planet of the Apes movies, I watched them many time over.

I will be taking my son to see this movie because of that.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I saw it a few times growing up. I was pretty young so I don’t remember a lot of it. The only episode I really remember was when the human taught the apes about blood types. One of the apes was an outcast because he had given blood and the recipient died so they thought something was wrong with him.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I saw it last night. There are some interesting background aspects that are related to prepping as well as post SHTF scenarios. I wouldn’t analyze the technical parts to heavily when seeing it, unless you want to ponder some of the real difficulties that would be presented.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, you went with your son?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free,
    Yep, and my wife. So later I can say remember that part when…………..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.