Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leatherman’s New Wearable Tech Can Repair Your Wearable Tech

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/leatherman-tread/

This is a new item for Leatherman. I like it because it is a wearable item. May be a good tool for your weapon take down or it may be good for many other problems in a SHTF times. Just think it is cool.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Its very cool ! I like the idea , just not the proposed price . I think its way too high for what you get .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Very cool, but way too expensive.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Price point is really off …nope.

I love Leatherman products. A Leatherman Wave is part of my EDC.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I also think the price is high. I do love the Leatherman products because they last and are made strong.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Needs more torx and hex.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Its a good idea , but I think they will quickly find out , that they are overcharging . Leatherman execs should expect poor sales performance until they lower the price to a more realistic number .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, It maybe a test of the waters to see all the forums what everyone thinks and then the price will come down some as long as the quality stays the same. I do like the look!

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Right Brulen – more torx and hex.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

That could very well be , the price could start out much lower .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I would not be interested in the watch. The stainless steel is $150 and the black diamond-like carbon finish is $200. I think the price should be the same for the two. I also think they would do real good if the price was $99.00.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Considering the wave is around $80 ( give or take where you live ) , and you get a lot more with that , $45 would not be too low . I mean all you get are some screw drivers and a bottle opener . Interesting to see how they do it , and how they market it . Or just wait a year for the cheap Chinese knock off for around $25 . With what you get , I would get the cheap chinese rip off of it .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, Have you owned any Chinese tools. I have, the screw drivers bend the hammers break and there steel is some of the softest steel out there. The Chinese do not know how to heat treat the steel to the right hardness. This is the problems with some of there knifes too. They are all made of cheap steel.

This is why U.S.made knife cost much more. I do not think the Leathermans tread are made in China.

Also read were they say: Those links are going to snap off when I torque the hex nuts on my portable DAC. Wrong. This MacGyver wristband is constructed of metal-injected molded 17-4 stainless steel. The tools may be tiny, but they’re not going to snap or bend under stress.

So it is not cheap steel. But I do agree that it is to much at $150 but maybe $99 it is a very good tool but also looks nice to wear. I see this as something that would last 10 to 20 years like the Leatherman tools I own. The other multi-tools that I own have all had problems but the Leatherman are made much better and out last all the other cheap ones. Just my 2 cents on what I have experience owning many of these multi tools in the constuction biz. The Chinese stuff breaks.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree , the chinese stuff is junk , but its like things a Harbor Freight , if it breaks , its no big deal to go get another one . Its a great idea , we’ll see what they do with it . I use my wave almost every day , keeps me from going back to the job box for small stuff .

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

A pretty cool looking product that is TSA approved. Like everyone else, I own several Leatherman products, but the price for this one is just too high. Hopefully, it will be introduced at a lower price point.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.