Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Had a pair of females in line ahead of me at the gas station, trying on sunglasses. I’m not paying any real attention to them, but suddenly the more attractive one turns to me and asks which pair looks better. I say that one looks better with her hair or some bs like that, matches better, yada yada, etc.
    After a bit, she says “you’re a really nice guy” and I said “not really” (lmao) and later on she asks for my number (doh)

Well, a bit later, a guy comes over to my car (I’m pumping gas now, after pre-paying) and says “I oughta kick your ass” and so on. I just calmly keep leaning against my car, pumping gas, and in a non-threatening manner ask what he means. He said I was talking to his “ex” and so forth. But he keeps his distance so I don’t act alarmed. I explained that I was unaware of the situation, and it backed him down. But I was ready for anything! I could have clocked him with the gas nozzle, or sprayed him in the face, whatever.

The point of the monkey dance is escalation, and if one party does not escalate, it usually ends.
    I’ll try and find the link I had hat explains all of this, it is very educational!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

http://ymaa.com/articles/violence-dynamics

Excellent analysis of the Monkey Dance…

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

I find it hard to agree fully with any of the types. Some folks just love beating on others. Same social group, different social group makes no difference.
    Robin

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Sure, it is just a general guide, and there are those who will provoke a fight until they get a fight no matter what! But the article seems to pursue any possible way out, under “normal” circumstances. It worked for me, and I never really signaled defeat. The aggressor “lost” actually, the 2 females berated him a lot before I left :D

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Vadim
    Vadim
    Survivalist
    member3

undeRGRönd wrote:suddenly the more attractive one turns to me and asks <…> and later on she asks for my number (doh)

I do not question your personal qualities (not that I care about anyway), but to me it sounds like some kind of coercion scam. Or maybe they needed your car, but something (your calm attitude?) has scared them off.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

hmmm
    Never thought about that, but the cashier at the station did verify what I was thinking.
    Never hurts to consider ALL possibilities! It will also get worse during SHTF.
    Thanks for pointing it out!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Vadim
    Vadim
    Survivalist
    member3

I’ve just realized, what makes me to smell a rat about this situation – she asked for YOUR phone, and did not provide you with HERS (that would be easy to check by dialing back anytime).

Red flag, undoubtedly. Congratulations on managing to getting out unharmed.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think Vadim maybe right on this, they may have been trying to play you with the good guy bad guy deal. This was planed as the girls got your attention. Who knows what they wanted but they were looking to hit you on something.

Profile photo of ehanzo_1
    ehanzo_1
    Survivalist
    member1

Usually when someone says they are going to kick your ass, they don’t really mean it, they are just trying to get a response. If they really want to harm you, you don’t get a lot of verbal warnings. Deadly assaults are usually premeditated and or involve weapons and substance abuse. People under the influence are much easier to handle because they don’t take into account their own safety, leaving a lot of openings in their defense. People under the influence with deadly weapons should be avoided. All conflict should be avoided.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

I twas also a good time to exercise Situational Awareness, which I was not very good at then.
    I remember seeing the guy early on, but at the back of the line.

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

It is good article undeRGRönd, but I do agree that sometimes violence can not be explained or categorized.
    As far as your event, only thing important is that you at the end get out from the situation unharmed, everything between is pretty much words only.

It is especially important if you end up with broken jaw or worst.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

You were getting played, bro… females can be manipulative. Play the new guy off the old and see if they fight. If they do fight, some females get a weird high off of the “they’re fighting over me” thing… seen it happen before. Or, like Vadim suggested, she played you, then “the ex-boyfriend” comes up and tries to pick a fight… no guarantee he was “the ex-boyfriend”. Coulda been a setup for whatever reason.. probably robbery.

I don’t fight anymore. Not fist-fighting anyways. Lots of folks here carry concealed, including me. I’m pushing 50, my body is pretty beat up, and I have no desire to go toe-to-toe with a 20-something over some stupid ****.. especially for social status. I’m not opposed to the idea, if I have to, but I’d really rather not. Has nothing to do with cowardice… just too damn tired to mess with such foolishness anymore…

Someone wants to start trouble, I ask myself “Do I really want to shoot this sumbitch? I could draw and put a hole in his head the size of a half-a-dollar before he knew what hit him… But is he worth going to jail over?” The answer is “no”… It doesn’t happen often, but I usually just say something like “Look friend, I’m pretty damn tired and I ain’t got time for this, sooo… ” This is usually enough to get them to go away. If they only knew how close they came…

The article was interesting… the monkey dance seems to be reserved for establishing the social pecking order and I’ve never seen it dissected in print before. I shall have my son read this.

Predators, though, are totally a different category… an excellent treatise on predatory Bad Guys is “Safe in the City”. Written by two ex-Bad Guys. They know what they’re talking about, and I’ve seen their words played out in real life..

http://www.amazon.com/Safe-In-The-City-Streetwise/dp/0873647750/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404749884&sr=8-1&keywords=safe+in+the+city

Example: Back in the early 2000’s, I was returning a DVD to the rental place. Saw two “youths” in their late teens hanging around the entrance. Didn’t bother me when I went in, but I took my time and when I came out, they were gone. I wondered where they went and kept my eye peeled. I was opening the door to my car and I heard “Skyooze me suh. You got da time?” Common ploy to divert attention while the Bad Guy closes the distance to his target. Plus, who really walks up to a total stranger and asks for the time?

I put my hand in my coat pocket and grabbed my pistol. Glanced at Youth No.1 and then shot a sideways look for Youth No.2 . He was coming around the side of a full size van on my flank, maybe 25 feet away… I looked back at Youth No.1, flipped the safety off my pistol – still in my pocket – and grinned at him.

“Nope. Ain’t got the time.”

Youth No.1 heard the safety flip off and stopped dead. He backed off. Thing is, he was grinning too…

“Okay then. Some other time, I guess.”

“I guess so.”

And that was that. He knew I made them and that I had no problems shooting his ass deader’n Julius Caesar… never saw either one of them ever again.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Yes, sometimes a player gets played! I know the game well, and I think that helped me stay out of trouble.
    The cashier warned me that the chick was a hoe, and I might catch something :D
    But I’m sure it was mostly to get the other guy mad. The cashier knew all the group, by name and relation to one another. So it was prolly more like what I thought, but situational awareness calls for extraction tactics no matter what the “game” is. My main point is that it was a monkey dance, and that can be dealt with.

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Half a dozen years ago, I stopped into a quicky mart in a neighboring town.
    A similar incident started to happen.

The funny part, they didn’t notice the patrol car I pulled up in or the badge on my belt. We won’t comment about the holstered pistol.

They began to get nervous when I made a quick cell call and a local pd officer showed up.

All three ended up having warrants for failure to appear, for doing the same thing in other places.

Dumb is as dumb does.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

:D

priceless!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.