Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Hi Everyone,

Today Selco shares an article on one of his favorite subjects and one very often overlooked in urban preparedness…

The use of ‘misinformation’.

Follow the link to read the article…

http://shtfschool.com/general/misinformation/

It can be far to easy to want to ‘trust’ media reports, but doing so can really cause problems to your preparedness plans, especially when it comes to acting on ‘Timely Information

The gathering of information and use of misinformation forms an important part of the practical scenarios we run during our excellent SHTF Survival Course. Our next course runs in June at our incredible and unique training facility. All details can be found here:

http://shtfschool.com/survival-course-croatia/

We have some exciting news coming soon as well, but I’ll write more about that next week.

Don’t forget, please comment on and share these articles and get involved in the discussion in how we can all improve our skills!

Yours in Health,

Toby

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Thanks Selco and Toby. The biggest take-aways I see in this article are the combination needs for self-sufficiency to the maximum extent possible, a personal protection plan (probably jointly with other trusted people close by where possible), and “connectedness.” By that I mean connection to information sources that include but go beyond commercial media as long as connections are possible, and also staying connected to other trusted people both for mutual support and for information. I can appreciate the desire of some to simply “go it alone,” and be as disconnected as possible from others. But my personal preference is, where possible, a close knit group of like-minded people (whether related or not) for mutual support, protection, and discussing the developing or ongoing circumstances going on around us at any given time. While group panic could potentially be a problem, such a support group can also bring more sanity into the thinking process and actually help reduce panic as circumstances are rationally processed together and group action and assignments are agreed upon for moving forward.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Good article, and important too. Being able to discern between good and bad rumors could mean life or death in a real SHTF scenario.

The article brings me back to the mid 60’s when there were race riots all over the country. I was only 12 or 13 at the time and I can remember the rumors flying about how rioters were planning to come into our neighborhood. It was 100% white given the segregation of the times and people were generally fearful of black people. I can remember listening as the men talked about how the blacks were going to be coming to our neighborhood. There was only one road into the neighborhood from the direction they’d come from and the firehouse was right at the entrance. Based on such rumors armed men manned the firehouse to stop any blacks from coming in. They never came of course. They were burning down their own neighborhoods, not attacking white neighborhoods but somehow unfounded rumors like that took hold. Emotion was driving people into illogical decision-making on rumors.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.