Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

A good common sense article which regretfully is needed because many will panic when faced with a SHTF scenario rather than stop and think through their situation.

When I read the title “Plan Without Preps” I was thinking it was going to be about those whose “plan” is to just go out and buy whatever physical preps they need when it happens, or that somehow those physical preps would magically appear when they need them. A simple example I use is canning jars and lids. Lots of people think they’ll have a garden and that they will preserve food via canning, yet they only have a handful of canning jars and lids, maybe a couple dozen of each. Great. Now they’ll have preserved food enough for a week. Could be a long winter for them.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

No preps before shtf is merely an attempt at survival after shtf.

Profile photo of Realist
    Realist
    Prepper
    member2

Well if the SHTF tomorrow and you have no clue as to what to do and have never prepped I would say for most you would be terminal. Then again, don’t worry the government will come in and save they day……….well they do it in the movies, don’t they? I can just hear the winy voice, I don’t want to plan now because it may never happen and I don’t want to waste my money. To this I say people like that are truly clueless.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

don’t worry the government will come in and save they day …. I can just hear the winy voice

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

GS, those young healthy entitlement folks will become nasty predators come SHTF. Their longevity might be severely limited but they will do some serious damage on the way out.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Plans without preps can happen to any of us.
    House fire, vacations, simply being caught across town and not being able to get home.

Impossible? No.
    Just more difficult.

When we moved, I dumped a lot of preps, just no more room. And a lot hasn’t been replaced.
    Want vs need.

Sure I’d like to have three years worth of food, but other things are taking the priority slot.

The water catchment system required a redesign.

But I have a plan.
    Not a lot of preps but there’s a plan for that also.

And this time, more focused on what can/will happen rather than what might.

And our new location was part of the preps.
    The biggest part, perhaps.
    The rest, works in progress.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

And our new location was part of the preps.
    The biggest part, perhaps.

I agree. Some folks will be lucky despite their location being bad as regards SHTF, and others unlucky despite being in a very favorable location, but a good location very much increases your odds.

Plans without preps can happen to any of us.
    House fire, vacations, simply being caught across town and not being able to get home.

Impossible? No.
    Just more difficult.

Anyone can be caught far from home or perhaps lose their home and preps to any manner of calamity, but those of us who have otherwise planned and prepped will at least still have our prepper’s mindset & knowledge and we will be quick to size up the situation.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

One has only to read Zero Hedge. It’s unbearable. 50 year old German woman loses all trust in the state.

the title should be changed to …. 2016 After the Great Betrayal 50 yo Woman Rages at the Pathological FaceBook News Liars.

Got survival tools? Sig 9 parabellum Survival kit. Cache of essential items.

Even a good temporary location increases your odds.

Profile photo of Realist
    Realist
    Prepper
    member2

Well Mountainbiker I would say you hit the nail on the head. The one thing no one can take away from us is our knowledge. Your house can be a bunch of sticks after a tornado and you will survive. So long as you have your family and what you have learned will go a long way toward your recovery.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.