Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Yes of course. freedom, Malgus. We will be really careful.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

My father had three punks with gang looking tattoos try and rob him a couple of years ago. He had to pull his LCR, which they ignored to some degree until he shined the laser at one of their crotch regions. I guess my dad told them that their “cajones” would be the first thing to go. He then had the 3 young punks leave their pants and weapons. According to my father’s reasoning shooting would make them a martyr of sorts, but walking home in their under-britches is just humiliating…….

Yes, my father is a bit of a redneck.

The cops tracked down my dad a couple days later and asked for him to give a report. He refused and refused to press charges. Quickest way for those punks to find out where he lived and come back in force was my dad’s thoughts on it.

This whole change in how our youth look at our elders just chaps my hide. I was brought up to respect my elders. Even if they were asses, you were to respect the years they have successfully lived at least. Not everyone makes it to old age, so they did something right in that regard. So many youth now just regard our elders as a hinderance. Grrrrrrr…… I am getting annoyed just writing this. Time for some coffee…

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I think our older neighbors may well be great assets in SHTF scenarios because they have old time skills and experiences most younger folks don’t. The old woman across the road from me needs a walker to move around but she’s the youngest of 21 children and when her own kids were young she provided much of their food from her own garden. She may be physically weak but she is knowledegable

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, We need to give more credit to the older experience folks, they have so much more knowledge then the young. Many do not value them, I do.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

When I was young I wondered why older people didn’t seem interested in young people; now I wonder why young people don’t seem to give a damn about anything older people could tell them.

I know that older people often feel, after a lifetime of experience and knowledge, that they have something to give if anyone was interested to hear it, but feel the younger people don’t want it. I wish there was a practical way for older people to impart what they know. That would benefit both the older because they would have the means to discharge what they know and feel useful, and everyone could learn from them. One of the problems is knowing how to get the ball rolling.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Elijah I think the best way to pass info on to younger people is start when they are young. By the time they are 15 they already know everything :) . You can only share with ones who are ready to listen. Some older ones will be ready because they are interested and others will be forced by circumstance in SHTF. Just be ready to share when the time presents itself. The best place I can think of would be to start a young boys camping group at your church or maybe become a Scout leader. As interest builds get a few of the dads to join in to “help” and teach them too.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

My Dad has a fatalistic streak too, he’s not afraid of SHTF or death.
    He has a heart condition, and I tell him he shouldn’t do this or that, and once he told me
    “Well, maybe I’ve lived long enough!”
    78 this year… :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

undeRGRond, My dad is 84 and since he turned 70 he has been telling me oh I have a one or two shaves left in me. Well thousands of shave have gone by and he still tell me the same old store.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

1 or 2 shaves…

I like that! ;D

Maybe it’s just a way of acknowledging age.

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

I’m an old outlaw. Fortunately I’m a rich one and not a poor one. I just picked up my pain medication. Couple of gun shots in Afghanistan and helicopter was rough on my knees and ankles. Experience of old people is invaluable.

Today is my birthday.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Happy Birthday. I hope you got to do something more fun than picking up meds.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

To another year! Cheers Chester.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

MountainBiker, Thanks much. Flying back from Boston tonight. My wife has a birthday weekend in place. Nothing like a good woman.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Cheers, CHESTER!!!

On another note, it seems the punks are learning and don’t want to become a

DARWIN AWARD Recipient ;)

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.