Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I don’t much care for knives but doesn’t mean I shouldn’t learn how to use one.i  liked this combat throwing video ’cause it made at least one action easy to understand. He has others. Start at .58 to jump to real start of video.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I throw knifes with my son, this video is very good. We test all the time. I can throw about 15 to 20 feet away on target. After that at 25 to 30 feet I will still hit the person but not always on target, maybe the legs or bottom part of the body. Throwing knifes takes a lot of time to learn but with my son it is a lot of fun.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva,

Buy more ammo and practice with a gun, it’s more reliable and harder for your opponent to dodge the bullets. You’ed probably make a great impression with a pistol on your hip.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, tweva doesn’t use a pistol! Only uses a shotgun! The throw knife is only a backup.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

ha, well she better learn how to use a pistol anyway. One of her loved ones might life might depend on her hitting the target.  Plus it never made sense to me to throw away my weapon.  The guy in the video dodged like 3 throws. I would still rather shoot 6 to 18 times.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, I have three throwing knifes but will not use them until I am out of ammo too!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

UH TWEVA HERE – I carry a Glock 23 almost everywhere I go ( I do believe I am better than the average ‘Joe’ with it’….  buta m probably deluding myself…i shoot 50 out of 50 in skeet  8 out of 10 time, most of the time with a.410.  I absolutely love the best , shooting ‘rabbits’ on the sporting clay course – with a .410. I shoot trap every weekend also. Yes,I love my shotguns best – but sometimes you just need to have a pistol and on the farm I feel better having one with me whatever I am doing. Shotguns are strapped/carried on the ATV or tractor.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Lol I did’t say Tweva can’t shoot :)  So are you getting 50-50 at sporting clays with that dinky little gun?  Giggle, snort, giggle.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wow you are better prepared then me!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Don’t you laugh 1974 – I challenge you to use a .410 to hit most targets on  sporting clay course. That is the reason – it’s a challenge – my 12 gauge  – huh – who couldn’t hit the ****? Giggle, snort! :)  ! And yes,my Beretta with interchangeable barrels and I have won many tournaments. Big rich guys show up with their $100,000 and up, engraved ,dontcha know,  shotguns and can’t hit squat except for their own foot. Phweft to you all – SIZE does NOT always matter. Challenge yourself.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, wow!! I now need to go to the range and practice! I am in trouble because for me to hit anything I got to put out the 12 g shotgun!! LOL!! My Beretta 9mm makes my happy that it has 16 + 1 because I know I will miss some before I hit the target.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Freedom I have my own target throwers on my place and built a range  – and shoot twice a day – practice, practice, practice. Next dude crawls in my window in the middle oft he night is a dead man – promised myself that long ago.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh well, here I thought you were going to challenge me to a shoot. I wouldn’t mind having a nice 28g for birds and clays but it’s not happening right now.  I used a 20g pump all the time for clays, never could break over 40 with the 20g.

It took over 100 years before someone shot a perfect score at sporting clays. I doubt anyone has done it with a 410.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Perfect score in sporting clays with a .410 on most courses IMHO  ain’t gonna happen agreed but you would be surprised at how close you can come – just a whole other mind set – patience,patience, timing…(she’s going to miss it – she missed it (stupid little gun she’s using) then,, wait.. boom – history)  – but, then…most scores on sporting clay courses suck for all but true professionals anyway. Have to be very versatile. Good training even if you don’t shoot the birds

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, I need to practice more! You are at another level.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.