Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Rigid Knife 1
    Rigid Knife 2
    • Specifications

Blade Length: 7″
    Overall Length: 12″
    Steel: 440 Stainless Steel
    Weight: 12 oz
    Blade Thickness: 2.5 mm
    Blade Detail: Plain Edge
    Handle:Stag, Large Solid Brass Pommel, Brass Guard, Some Leather Washers.
    Sheath: Leather

• Official Product Description
    Rigid Rostfrei Italy Bowie Knife RG38

• Why did you get it?
    I purchased two 15 years ago. I have been using one for the 15 years.
    I got it because of how well it was made and looks great. This is one of my best knife.

• What do you like about it?
    The Stag handle with the brass pommel and brass guard. The blade is very sharp and thick with a great point. The leather sheath is very well made and looks new after 15 years.
    Stag Handle
    Brass Guard
    Blade
    Side of the Blade

• What don’t you like about it? How could it be improved?
    I think that the only thing is that in a SHTF the blade may shine if light hit it. So mat black maybe better.

• How did you hear about it?
    15 years ago I read many reviews on the Rigid Knifes made in Italy, the quality is top workmanship. The Stag handle and brass guard all were getting great reviews.

• Where did you get it?
    I purchased the two in a gun show 15 years ago. So I was just walking the gun show which carry a lot of knifes too.

• How did it help you in the past? (Personal experience of using it)
    One of the two Rigid knifes I have been using on everything that needs cutting with a knife for the last 15 years. I have used it in fishing, hunting, cutting rope, opening cans, cutting open a pig and breaking the ribs. The Rigid knife that I use has no damage after being used for over 15 years. Very solid blade and leather sheath.

The brass pommel I have hammered thing with it and have used a hammer on the blade to cut though bones. I know that this knife will out last a SHTF crisis!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Very nice Freedom

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thank you 1974 I like this old fashion survival knife that has been used for over 100 of years. It has been proven to be strong and reliable.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Great review and beautiful knife. Glad you really use it. “Rostfrei” is German and means stainless.

I just have a really hard time to put more expensive knives into action. I don’t want to break or lose them. On one bushcrafting trip a friend of mine lost his 300 Euro folding knife. Since then it is only Mora for him.

But if you are confident in the build quality (and this knife looks extremely well made) I think after some time you lose your inhibition. The sheath looks great too.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay, At the time I purchased the Rigid I had some extra cash and purchased two so I use one for the last 15 years and have the other on to just look at it and play with it. I am glade I did buy the two since they are not made anymore.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Yeah , I wouldnt want that coming at me .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, Yes the blade point is sharp! The double edge is over 3 in long.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

But if you get stabbed with it its at least a proper knife. Its like being run over by a Ferrari! :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.