Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ghost
    Ghost
    Survivalist
    member3

Specifications

BLADE SIZE 9 inches approx.
    THICKNESS 6.5mm approx.
    ACTUAL WEIGHT 600 grams approx.
    STEEL Indian Leaf Spring

Official Product Description

Bahadur is actually a copy version of a custom-designed knife made by “Khukuri House Handicraft Industry” for one of its customers. Since its features resembled the shape and style of a kukri, KHHI also started producing on its own for resale. A complete new name “Bahadur” which is one of the most common middle names of a person in Nepal is given to identify this knife in a customary way. “Bahadur” in Nepali means brave and courageous which this work of art truly deserves and discloses, and thus the name. It is also a genuine effort by KHHI to dedicate this knife to the Gurkhas, as most of their middle names have Bahadur since immemorial, which truly depict their character.

The shape of this knife is slightly curved with wider surface at the front section. The bevel of the knife is larger than regular ones which advances the cutting ability. A pointed nozzle pops out of the blade that works as a blood dipper. The handle is the strongest point; a unique distinct handle where the metal of the blade in the handle area is flat, not narrow and pointed as in other knives. The blade is therefore visible all around the handle. The two handles are firmly glued to the tang and further joined strongly by aluminum rivets that can also be seen at the sides. Unlike typical khukuri handle, the front-edge contour and curve is made to fit the palm of a user in a most comfortable and best possible way. The curve resistance designated for the index finger facilitates a stronger grip and easier handling.

Why did you get it?

I wanted something to act as a small camp axe/ hatchet with a little more versatility.

What do you like about it?

The weight and versatility makes it a joy to use, the forward curve is ideal for chopping and it sits nicely in my hands.

What dont you like about it? How could it be improved?

I didn’t like ths sheath so did a quick fix by removing the original belt loop and inserting the hide over wood sheath into an issue machete sheath (pictured) and it would benefit from a lanyard hole.

How did you hear about it?

Found it whilst looking at Khukuri.

Where did you get it?

TheKhukurihouse

How did it help you in the past? (Personal experience of using it)

I use it in the garden and on bushcraft outings, it’s a useful blade

If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

These are pretty damn handy at base camp and various other applications. Use it often on hunting trips in Alaska. Thanks for sharing.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ghost, Nice I like the shape.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Thats a great knife, I like the sheath a lot. After all the nice kukris and parangs posted I really have to send my machete into retirement and try to get my hands on one of those. :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of MidSouth Mitch
    MidSouth Mitch
    Survivalist
    member2

Very nice looking blade! Good job improvising on the sheath, too!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ghost great pick on your blade.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Very nice Ghost! Thanks for the review.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.