Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Specifications
    Blade length 14 cm
    Overall Length: 26 cm

Why did you get this knife?

I get it “by luck” at the beginning of the war, trough the searching over the destroyed army storage.

What do you like about it?

It is strong knife that you can use for fight, and scavenging stuff around you, it is cheap to get today, with ability of wire cutting, and making something like hammer.

What dont you like about it?

It may be somehow to bulky to carry for some people, and it needs to be constantly cleaned in order to avoid rust.

Where did you buy it?

I did not, but you can get it all over the eBay, there are different versions like Yugo, Bulgarian, Chinese, Soviet etc.

How did it help you in the past? (Personal experience of using it)

It helped me in few fights, it is not expensive piece of art for fighting, but when you hold it in hand you feel the grip correctly and you can easily “transfer” your force in stab or slice.

For “dismantling” things I used it many times, and it worked perfectly, as I said it is very “rust sensitive” so you need to watch for that. Originally it is stored in “weapon grease” (in military storage)

Video review I found on youtube (not mine)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Selco, I purchased an AK Bayonet about ten years ago. I do not own an AK rifle. I just purchased it because I liked it at the time. My AK Bayonet I think is Russian and is in new condition, image attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Yep, little bit different handle and sheath, I can not be sure but it might be Romanian army too.

Profile photo of gpclipner
    gpclipner
    Survivalist
    member1

Love mine, but it did need some work. Cosmoline is easy to take care of. It’s got a low melting point. I used a aluminim pan the came from a deli, put in some paper towels and warmed the Bayo in the oven at 150/175degs. Set the sheath up against the stove wall for drainage. Left it in for 20mins and kept checking progress. This will get out most of the cosmo in the sheath.

After that I took the same pan , poored in some solvent (orderless mineral spirits{also great on surplus rifle stocks]). Took it outside to dry. Perfect. Blade was real dull in the point area (appered to have never been sharpened. Tough metal !! Had to take a metal file to get the edge down to be able to use a stone on it. Once I get it down to where I want it , it should hold an edge real well. Geo. n L.A.
    PS, I got mine at a gunshow for 15bucks.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I need to get one for my Yugo AK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.