Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    I’ve had 2 instances in the last 15 years with individuals aproaching me with their knives wrapped in news paper. It’s a simple device that is not likely to go away.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen, I got the cheaper Cold Steel 6″ Ti-Lite – Zytel Handle. The Zytel Handle is very strong. It cost $64.94 which included shipping at BladeCenter.com http://www.bladecenter.com/search.aspx?find=Cold+Steel+6%22+Ti-Lite+-+Zytel+Handle.

Subtotal: $57.99
    Shipping & Handling: $6.95
    Tax: $0.00
    Order Total: $64.94

It is the best knife I own.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Whirly,<br>
    I’ve had 2 instances in the last 15 years with individuals aproaching me with their knives wrapped in news paper. It’s a simple device that is not likely to go away.

Hmm, must be a regional thing.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirlibird wrote:
    Now, pos Hi Point pistols, those I’ve seen a mess of.

Dangit, Whirli… I’ve gotten rid of 4 HPs!
    I told you I am keeping the carbines ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

The idea of being in a knife fight has always given me the hebee gebies. It is shocking how much damage can be done in a split second. I had a friend years ago who’s dad had not been the nicest fellow in his younger days. He spent something like 15 or 20 years in maximum security or something like that. He later straightened up and became a good man. At any rate we were talking about knives one day and my friends dad made the comment that all he needed was a 2″ blade and you would be dead before you hit the ground. He said a few good pokes in the liver and you would bleed to death before they could open you up and plug the holes. I think I would rather be shot than stabbed to death. A blade in the hand of a knowledgeable person is devastating.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76, it is also very quiet! In the night someone runs right behind you and with a quick two to three stabs you are down with zero noise.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>undeRGRönd wrote:</div>

Whirlibird wrote:<br>
    Now, pos Hi Point pistols, those I’ve seen a mess of.

Dangit, Whirli… I’ve gotten rid of 4 HPs!<br>
    I told you I am keeping the carbines ;)

There’s a funny show on cable, Drugs, Inc.
    The brand I’ve seen most often on it is the HP’s.
    The brand I saw most often in the hands of bad guys, HP.

A lot of people “like” them, I’m just not one of them.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Axes cleavers and machetes. They sometimes run into a room full of people and do it. At the moment of the attack many people just freeze between fight or flight. The woman who got her arms cut up, she froze. They wait for the mind to analyze whats happening before reacting. Big advantage for the attacker. He screams suddenly during the attack to panic the victim. People are trained by society not to react in time. They avoid the signals an attack is about to begin. Before the physical attack comes the psychic aggression.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    Very low end street life in Philly & Baltimore. Having a gun would be nearly unthinkable because they need the money for drugs.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Whirly,<br>
    Very low end street life in Philly & Baltimore. Having a gun would be nearly unthinkable because they need the money for drugs.

And that’s another reason I live out west.
    We have our problems but not like back there.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.