Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

hope this is an eye opener. warning gore/wounds. 43 minutes in, 1ft, 5ft, 10ft distances.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS,
    Good find. The 21 foot rule is a good one but hard to maintain in normal walking around mode. Street thugs use newspaper to wrap around a knife hiding it in plain view. If you see this in someone’s hand expect an immediate knife attack. They can stab you and the paper collapses exposing the blade.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

A little historical receptive on the subject matter, even though this is mostly about swords.

http://www.thearma.org/essays/LegWounds.htm#.VGn9JvnF_Xo

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I love to collect knifes so I carry one all the time. I just got a great knife that goes in the inside of my pants made by Cold Steel. Cold Steel 6″ Ti-Lite – Zytel Handle. I think it is the strongest knife I own right now. I love this knife, very happy with how strong and well built it is. If I pull this knife out it is 6″ blade, it’s a monster.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

it was scarey in the vid watching the bad guy use the sword through the slit in his door at the detective.

i also did not realize people hid fish hooks in their clothing for pat downs…

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS,
    Yes it was good reason to stand back from a door.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I would not let anyone get closer than 10 feet in a SHTF times. I have seen gangs in concerts here in Miami use knifes against other gangs from about 20 feet and it is fast. This was 30 years ago when I saw this. By the time it was over there were three down on the floor and many with cuts all over. I saw over 50 police officers get in and arrest many of them.

Knifes are very fast if they are close to you. So the rule is do not let anyone come close to you.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Distance is also your friend with bears and cougars. I can have a shotgun off my shoulder and pumped pretty quickly, but even then your playing with fire. So for bears, as a rule if the shotgun is in my hand it is chambered and ready to go, that extra second counts more than people realize, especially in thick bush.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh well animals are at least twice as fast as a human and reaction times are crazy fast. If I was really concerned about cougars I might wear a heavy leather collar for armor. Also works for zombies and jehadist.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

i was actually considering that 74. havent seen anything i like yet tho. hard leather armor is still practical for knife defense on the other hand.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Just make one for yourself. Buy a pair of leather boots cheap at goodwill. Cut them into widths then laminate the leather to a suitable thickness. You could use velcro or buy a belt with a small buckle for a closure system. Shape it tall in the back and narrower up front. Line it with something soft and smooth.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

A big bad black dude here was killed when he was stabbed thru the ribcage with a 2 inch penknife. He was threatening this other smaller white guy at a party who was afraid of him, for good reason. He died five minutes later while trying to leave the scene. The white guy was aquitted by a jury. You really just gotta know where to stab, I guess. It was interesting hearing in the video how fast people go into shock. The big bad black trayvon thought he was going to beat the white guy to a pulp and suddenly the tables were turned against him. His last words were …i’m going to get you for this, and then he collapsed dead. 19 or 20 years old, went to a party he wasn’t invited to. tsk tsk good riddance.

I’d like to have a 6 inch cold steel with a titanium handle, but its probably out of my price range.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

yea on one hand, you can take 170 stab wounds, bleed for an hour and live, on the other a 2 inch knife kills you in five minutes. humans are amazing.

correct me if i am wrong, but i heard 70% of the people who go into shock die. thats why i keep 2x space blankets in my med kit.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>KOS,<br>
    Good find. The 21 foot rule is a good one but hard to maintain in normal walking around mode. Street thugs use newspaper to wrap around a knife hiding it in plain view. If you see this in someone’s hand expect an immediate knife attack. They can stab you and the paper collapses exposing the blade.

I haven’t seen a thug with a newspaper in years.
    The dead giveaway is the reading part.

With the proliferation of pocket clip folding knives, the old butcher knife in the newspaper died off. Havent even heard of it happening from city cops I know and they share quite a bit if you’re in the loop.

The knife fights and wounds I’ve seen were from kitchen knives in a domestic situation or pocket knives/work knives in the hands of immigrants.

Now, pos Hi Point pistols, those I’ve seen a mess of.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

When |I was in Edmonton, the street kids (most abandoned by their ******* parents, where actually decent kids until the meth lords get em. never met a run away actually) preferred to carry machete and hatchets. the first time they sleep outside they usually get beat up, then arm themselves.

They still make newspapers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.