Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Would appreciate anyone’s comments/experience with it. Have opportunity to acquire at very, very reasonable price

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

As a backup or backpack gun, maybe.
    As a primary, I’d pass.

The SU16 is flimsy, the front sight easily knocked out of alignment, and the rear easily damaged.
    I have tuned several, still not my favorite to work on.

But for the folding feature, and I still don’t like that the firearm is useless when folded unlike collapsible or folding stock wespons.

The best word I can use is again, flimsy.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks so much Whirlibird. I have not used it, no nothing about but I was told it was light by someone else, which I like (due to old shoulder injury). Flimsy I do not need. Thanks! Saves me from wasting my time.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, I can’t say much about the KelTec su16 but I do own a KelTec 380 hand gun for some time now and have had no problems with it. it is very small so I can put it in my pants any were.

Since you have a shoulder injury I would get a ruger 22lr rifle or for a little more you get what I own is a Sig522 which is also a 22lr. This is a link to what I own, http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig522-swat.aspx

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Just going to echo what has been said, and add that it’d be a good backup rifle, or something you can hand to a friend if they don’t have a rifle. As your main go to though, I’d try to avoid it. But it the end it’ll still go bang if you treat it right.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I thought $100 would be cheap for a ‘good’ gun – but majority rules! Thanks everyone.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

For $100, grab it.
    At that price, you just bought a truck/canoe gun that you don’t have to worry about losing.

Shoulder injury, how bad, or better question how much can you hold?

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Buddy of mine just paid $700 for one of these down in Texas and felt that was a ‘good’ price.

I’d buy it, worse case you can sell it on at a profit and invest that money in other gear…

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Buy it for $100.00, that is cheap!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.