Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, Also the military has a lot of tech protected already from an EMP. Many countries will come to help and will bring in a lot of the tech that the government needs. I have read for the last five years on EMP attachs and Sun Flares. The problem is many do not really know and think like you that it is the end of the world when it is not! It will kill a lot of people but five years is a long time and all the world is still up and running! It is only us.

Solar flare is the one that can take everything down and only if we have a direct hit.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

free,

I think we’re getting off track here some… but I think that the Chinese, when they’re ready, will either dump our debt they have accumulated (thoroughly destroying our economy), hit us with multiple EMP’s via a proxy (blowing us back to the Dark Ages) or both. Yes, there is still more wealth to be siphoned away from the US, but there is more wealth to be had as the lone world superpower… Russia and China have already held meetings to discuss rolling out a new gold-backed reserve currency and also to dump US debt, effectively destroying us… they would just sit back and enjoy the carnage – never have to lift a finger. If they wanted to double down, give a few nukes to some 3rd party snackbars (of which there is no shortage) and let them biff us with an EMP or four… by the time recovery even began, I wager there would be less than 20% of our population remaining…

Edit: By the way, folks think “Oh, we’re their biggest customer and largest debtor… the Chinese would never do that”… but think of it this way – let’s say someone does biff a couple 3 or 4 nukes above the US and blows us back to the Dark Ages.. all the crap that got burned out? It has to come from somewhere, and someone has to make it and sell it to us, right? Maybe even subcontract with the US and send in teams to help refit all the burned out infrastructure, right? Well, let’s think about this… which country on earth has over a billion people, is industrialized and has the capability to make huge amounts of the stuff we would need to replace?

It would be epic. China EMP’s us via proxy, burns out our infrastructure, only to turn around and sell us the stuff we need to get back on our feet… the money they would make would be breathtaking… other than the proxy’s getting caught and talking (which is easy enough to fix – just kill them), there’s no downside for the Chinese…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Melgus,

One of your own baby pictures I assume

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Melgus, One of your own baby pictures I assume — 1974

Hee, hee… just having some fun..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus I agree that 20% will be alive after an EMP in the U. S. and that Russia and China will not help us. But even tho I do not like much the Europeans i think that will come and help. There maybe some others too. But my only point is that the tech will come back.

The U. S. will never be the same. One thing that we forget is that we would still have hundreds of nuclear bombs and what will happen after an EMP attack if we find out who did it may start something much bigger that we all are think about. Oh and being called a dude is cool makes me fell that I am in my 20’s again when my friends use to call me that!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Maglus ,

Thats all they have to do to erase the US as it is now , dump the peso ….I mean dollar , they dont need a nuke or EMP , destroying our economy thoroughly is all they need to do . Any military retaliation on our part over that  would turn the world against us , as they have never fired a shot .

We would do the rest , when that happens  to our economy , I can almost guarantee a civil war breaking out , the people will be pissed and the government is the easiest to blame , hell , I can even see the country breaking up , the way the Soviet Union did , with groups of states forming their own republic . All in all , we are going down , no matter what , even if they DONT dump the dollar , our economy is going to collapse , its held together by a thread no matter what happens , even if other countries do nothing .

My take on  it , is that if they do that and crash our economy , it might actually benefit us in the long run , we would kill off some population , get rid of the government , and force self reliance and isolationism on us as a people , even a break up would be better for the people than what we have now . At least the smaller governments would be controllable by the people , and all our factions could live the way they see fit , all the commie liberals could have liberal land , constitutionalists another section , etc. it would be better . Washington might as well be Beijing , for how much that means to the average american , or how much we give a **** about those people . Would be a relief to have them gone .

Cant speak for everybody , but as a good Confederate , my country  is my family , my neighborhood , and to a lesser extent , my state ………thats where my loyalties are . The government , other states , other countries and the rest of the world , can go pound sand .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, Back to the post, the people that learn how to fix, build, plant, cook without electricity, hunt & fish, and have stored and saved enough food and water for the first year maybe part of the 20% who will be alive is they do not get shot.

I do believe anyone that gets shot has a 50/50 chance of living if the shot is in the legs, arms. All other areas of the body your chances go down real fast. So the idea is not to get shot. Learn to live of the land.

I think that the 20% maybe high!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik Is got a point, they(China and Russia) would love to see the economy collapse and civil war happen here. I think they know that our economy will collapse so what they are doing is trying to find ways to bring the dollar down so the economy will collapse faster.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

We are also forgetting the reverse interference factor from other nations  in a US total collapse , They could do the same to us as we have done to others . Hypothetically , they dump the dollar , we go int a crash that sparks civil war or at the least , uncontrollable chaos , they create the problem ………then offer a solution , Our government has to go , it would not be far fetched that R or C , then starts arming the rebels , and providing assistance for a faction , in return for a form of government or a government that is not hostile to them , lot of money to be made rebuilding a nation . The Chinese would want communists to take over , the Russians most likely would not , as that would not be in their financial best interests . They rejected communism , in favor of money , like I said , rebuilding a nation can make you very rich , especially if you are looked at as a friend and not an advisory .

I dont think the Europeans would want to touch our civil war with a 10 foot pole . The other two might look at it as an opportunity .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, That has always been the problem with civil war and the collapse of the dollar question. What will come out of it. Who will take control at the end? Will it be a better Government? I do think that China and Russia want the money and do not want the U. S. to be a Dictatorship. They are the Dictatorships that like to keep power by making money by selling to us. But they do what more control over us.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I do not hate technology, actually I like it, I hate that some people think it can save them from some things but that is other thing completely.

But point is that I am trying to be ready for the day when most of that technology will be gone, in second probably. For how long it will be gone? I do not know, but I am think for very long time.

My experience without technology was very short in historic terms, and it was on very small area in geographic terms, but trust me for me an other people there it was not easier because that.
    We still lost all “technology” stuff in days, and it turn our lives upside down. When you lose functioning of everyday things like toilet, refrigerator, car, heating, light and everything else suddenly you realized that it is going to be very hard to live.

My point is that we need to learn to live “on old ways” no matter what we think how long it is gonna be, how serious etc. Even few days it is bad.

I agree with Husky, people rely too much on technology, as I said I like technology, but I chose what I want from it, I do not want to be depended on technology, i do not want that technology become my “God”.
    And I always want to know how I could done things when that technology is gone.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ free & Tolik,

In my mind, it’s not if it happens, but when. To me, it’s just a foregone conclusion. 60 years ago, we were a homogenous people, united in victory over the Axis powers. We had gold-backed currency. It was, IMHO, our last hurrah.

Now? Now we’re a tower of Babel. Bunch of squabbling factions, all looking for a handout from Big Daddy Government. The Free **** Army – the parasites, moochers, etc – now outnumber the producers in this country. Our industry has been destroyed, we’re bankrupt from paying for everyone’s free **** and unnecessary wars, the middle class is on the chopping block, the dollar has been devalued 95% and Mordor, Wall Street and the Military Industrial Complex are united in siphoning every last cent they can out of America… race relations have never been worse, there are millions of illegals and infiltrators swarming our borders, our own government spies on every move you make, and the Framers biggest fear – a standing army – has been realized in the militarization of our police. They possess automatic weapons, body armor, tanks, chemical munitions, etc, and are largely exonerated when they beat/kill/murder citizens… that police have armored vehicles and heavy weapons is no accident. It is DHS pre-positioning their assets in preparation of a SHTF event.

We’re on a clock. Like Tolik, I’m a good Southerner. What I would like to see would be a peaceful separation from Mordor… but that ain’t gonna happen. We tried that last time and look what happened. And that was with an alleged “good guy” in charge. With the band of circus freaks, sociopaths, psychopaths and misfits in Mordor now? Not a chance in hell…

When it goes down, there will be no green zones. No safe place “behind the lines”. You’re gonna have one group of refugees fleeing one place bumping into refugees fleeing some other place going in the opposite direction… 4G asymmetrical warfare in all it’s ugly magnificence… until several states secede and keep their assets – tanks, respective air forces, navies, etc, Ft. Hood, Campbell, Knox, all the navy assets in Florida, … then it will be a fight. Conventional forces vs conventional forces…

The Europeans and the Chinese would do well to stay out of it. Folks around here see some uniformed Chinese running around, they won’t give a crap which side they’re on…

It’s not a world I want to live in, but I have no choice…

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Selco,

Real fast, because my wife is cracking the whip and wanting to get some work out of me…

You are 100% correct. I like technology, but I do not rely on it all the time. Like you, it is not my god… having things like flush toilets, an electric stove, cell phones… these are nice, but I don’t plan on having them all the time. Having backup technology – the old ways of doing things – and knowing how to use them is paramount. Your Mr. Coffee or Bunn coffee maker doesn’t work? Obtain an old percolator style stovetop coffeepot.. or make a redneck Mr. Coffee coffeemaker (plans available online… it looks stupid, but works, which means it ain’t stupid.. :) ). Things like non-electric hand tools, a reel mower, secondary and possibly tertiary power sources, oil lanterns, candles (hah!), etc.. having things is nice, but also knowing how to make the things which make the things you want is also important…

Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’…

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Selco,

I agree with everything you said. The only thing is, in the past I did things the old way because I wanted to for fun and the knowledge.  Now I know how hard I will have to work all of the time. I probably can only do half the work I could 20 or 30 years ago, and it’s not like I’m fat and out of shape. I want the advantage of machinery and powered tools. Using a pit saw to make boards or cultvating a field with a hoe are not In my plans. I am going to figure out how to make things run.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, The same goes with me, it will be hard. When I was 25 to 30 years old it was no problem but know it’s harder. My son is 14 and has never picked up a hammer because I didn’t want him to. I tell him to study so he doesn’t have to pick up any tools like me. So we will see what happens and I may have to teach him if the SHTF happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.