Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This article is interesting reading for anyone posting comments on the internet. The comments that are bringing scrutiny are basic generic vitriol we have all read in different places. To me it is another example of the government attempting to control negative discourse. In another seperate action potentially coming soon are regulations limiting information desseminated on the internet concerning firearms.

“the Justice Department served subpoenas to Nick Gillespie’s Reason Magazine over comments left on their web site by anonymous readers. ”

“the subject of their ire is a federal district judge. And the “criticism” of her included suggestions that she be fed into a wood chipper or taken out back and shot.”

“The question here is whether these nasty missives constitute a “true threat” to the life of the judge.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/06/10/justice-dept-subpoenas-reason-magazine-to-find-anonymous-commenters-internet-implodes/

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

WOW! 74 it just get to the point were we all have to be careful what we write online.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Irs been there for a while.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I’m with Whirli. Uber Big Brother is always watching.

I saw that the state dept wants to outlaw all discussion of guns on the internet and in print… that’s the most serious threat made to the 1st and 2nd amendments in quite some time.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

WhiteKnight,

I’d be interested in reading that… got a link?

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Think about all the times that people have been targeted or prosecuted for comments against an administration. The SS (I did that on purpose) went after the guy that did the Joker posters……. People have even received emails and messages that they had to remove pictures before such as the Obama bin Lying ones.

Nothing new.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I loved the joker

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Malgus:

Yourwirednews.com

Washingtonexaminer.com

GPO.gov

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

People complain when I comment about saying certain things on the disinformation cowpath.
    This is the reason.

Do NOT put it out there if you don’t want it to come back and bite you in the tush later.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Can we say Communism ?
    In my book , there is no grey area , a person is either for 100% of the Constitution , or they are not . If they are not for 100% of the Constitution , they are a Communist or a Fascist , and an enemy of the people and the nation . A purge is needed .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirl, people or person? I think you’re usually in good standing.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Whirl, people or person? I think you’re usually in good standing.

Depends on the subject, and the forum.
    All too often when talking about the grey things, people want to go a step too far and say things that may come back to haunt them.

I’ve dug through enough computer files to realize that few things are truly ever gone. And the internet is worse, data is forever.

There’s a place and time to step over the line, be certain its that time.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Use this URL to find stuff.
    Robin

http://archive.org/web/

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The U. S. Constitution is the LAW OF THE LAND. There are zero politicians following the U. S. Constitution.

Tolik is 100% right. We need to clean this up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.