Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Wild artist, interestingly when one does enough IQ testing, one also begins to pick up subtle clues to the IQ range of people through such things as their ability to analyze multiple bits of information, sentence structure, word usage, etc. It’s not fool-proof, but combinations of those kinds of things become pretty good indicators. And equally interesting are the different types of people with high IQs. There are clearly too many who want to define themselves as high IQ (and be recognized and deferred to as a result). Those are the ones that don’t have a clue about what they don’t have a clue about – i.e. out of touch with the real world of real people. Then there are those that are clearly high IQ, but simply don’t care – they just go about their daily business and interaction with people across a wide spectrum of society, and appreciate the good people around them for who they are. Thankfully there are plenty of them, also. I suspect there are a number of this 2nd category here in this group.

Don’t forget that with 325 million people in the U.S., there are 2% (6.5 million) that qualify for Mensa membership. Most of them could not care less – they’re the ones you’d pick out by their qualities, not some intellectual number.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

“Most of them could not care less – they’re the ones you’d pick out by their qualities, not some intellectual number.” True. We personally know a physics professor who is sooo arrogant. Brilliant too, yet does not have a clue about tact or social interaction. Boasts like a four-year-old, always ‘one-upping’ every story he hears, stepping on toes and hurting people’s feelings. Some of it is sheer ignorance because he does show compassion when someone is hurting.

As far as I’m concerned I enjoy people who have the intelligence to figure things out, improvise when necessary, do a workmanlike job of whatever they do, and season life with a little twist of humor. Some people we knew in the Blue Ridge Mountains (when we lived there) qualified, although they did not attend high school. They could analyze multiple bits of information but knew little of ‘proper’ word usage, per English professors. But could use words to construct vivid imagery and stunning comebacks. (My husband and I seem to get along with all spectra of society and diverse cultures.)

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

In a tasteless attempt to get back to the original purpose of the thread:

The condom was invented by Muslims in the seventh century, using the lower intestine of a goat. Centuries later,the British improved it, by first removing it from the goat.

Cry, "Treason!"

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Can’t stop watching or laughing.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

[Wasn’t sure where else to put this, but since the following suggestion is ENTIRELY non-serious, I thought perhaps “Just for a laugh” might be the best place.]

Just a heads up, folks. Time to break out your blue flags in time for United Nations Day this coming Monday – 24 October. If, like me, you haven’t gotten around to obtaining a blue flag yet, the Stars and Stripes will probably do, since they seem to be interchangeable these days anyway. And in honor of that grand and glorious institution, I’ve attached something for any practice you may be doing as part of your overall prepping. Remember, aim for the “9”. (Oh, how I miss JJ and Sierra Times….)

[As a matter of personal disclosure, my household and I will be flying NO flag on Monday – though if I had one, it’d be the Bonnie Blue, not the “other” blue one. However, I MAY print out several copies of the attachment and put the squirrels on notice that the backyard range will be hot. ;-) ]

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Speaking of flags , I’m so pleased to see how many Confederate flags I see flying on the back of trucks , full size to boot , as well as in yards . All right in the middle of “yankee” land in southern MAINE . Just goes to show how tired people are getting of the whole situation in this country .

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.