Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Kasich Says No to Third-Party Run

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-05-16/kasich-says-no-to-third-party-run

Mark Cuban said no too. Many are saying no and Texas will not put any more on the ballot.

I see it all as a dream that if tried will be the end of the Republican party.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS,
    33 States have Republican majorities in the State House of Representatives.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

33 States have Republican majorities in the State House of Representatives.

Thanks, 74. I was wondering how many states had more Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives, vs. the Democrat numbers. That would determine the results if the House ends up selecting the next President of the United States, not the state legislatures of course.

Mostly for Freedom: I just saw that this is finally being reported by a few in the media in the same way I’m seeing it (my wife saw it mentioned once late last night). On Fox News they were interviewing some guy from something like the National Republican Lawyers Association (or whatever the exact name was – never heard of them before). The representative said he was personally surprised when they looked at the numbers and realized that this exact scenario actually could take place. As I said above, all they’d need would be a relatively small number of states with just enough Electoral College votes to deny either Trump or Hillary a majority. Remember – all the analysis about Electoral College votes to this point has been with the assumption that the only two candidates would be Clinton or Trump. So the 3rd party folks would be targeting states where Sanders won and Trump lost in the primaries – the bigger in both cases, the better. Those would be the states most likely to be fed up with Hillary and Trump, and opt for an alternative instead of staying home. If JUST enough states could be won by the 3rd party candidate to keep either Trump or Clinton from winning the Electoral College, the whole process goes into the House of Representatives. Fox News introduced the lawyer by calling this an “end run around the Constitution,” but in fact it is actually manipulatively USING the Constitution to do an end run around the two parties, and select the next president WAY outside the vote of the majority of the people, since it would be the House of Representative being free to name THEIR choice of the top three candidates from the Electoral College results, which would come from the November election results

A 3rd party candidate doesn’t need to be on a primary ballot because all 50 states are still open for the naming of candidates for the November general election. It has NOTHING to do with the primaries or the Republican or Democrat Party conventions. Romney-and-Company only need to tap into the dissatisfaction existing in BOTH parties, convince the public to vote for the 3rd party candidate so that the House could choose the winner from among the THREE candidates. With the number of disaffected Republicans in Congress, there’s a real chance that the House would vote for the establishment-selected candidate, which would be the 3rd party candidate.

And yes, it would be a critical blow to the Republican Party – MAYBE. A whole lot of spin can happen in the next year (and I say “year” to get us well past the inauguration). Once it’s clear that the “end run” was successful, the Republican establishment would be spinning, spinning, spinning – trying to convince the voters that it was THEM that saved the Party FROM Donald Trump. A long shot? Yes. But plausible? I fear it could be. And I say “fear” because it would set a precedent for manipulation of what was intended by the Constitution as the way of electing U.S. presidents, while at the same time actually using the provisions of the Constitution to DO that manipulation. That would establish a new “normal,” embolden the political hijackers even more, and make the future all the more unpredictable. The ONLY possible good thing to come out of it, and it would still be enormously risky, would be the sudden rise of a viable 3rd party in future elections. But that would only happen if the establishment-selected next president never returned to the Republican Party, but instead trumpeted the newly emboldened 3rd party (poor pun intended).

But regardless, it still would set a precedent for incredible manipulation, and would also likely turn off a massive number of voters to the point that even fewer bothered to vote in future elections. The possibilities are almost endless, and only partially predictable. And the likelihood of this being pulled off is not remote.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, Like everything we do in time it will bit you in the axx because a manipulation by the Republicans now will set the stage for future manipulation by the Democrats when they are in power and that will not be pretty. Even if it is constitutional it is a way to kill the peoples vote which may create a dictatorship in the future. The GOP will end for sure since many would leave the party and we know that the GOP can’t elect a president in the future without the independent vote and as many GOP vote as they can get. The GOP would lose the independent vote big time and everyone will see it as a dictatorship move.

When you try to elect a president(GOP) without much of the peoples vote there will be a revolt against the GOP>

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS,
    Not so coincidentally the same number of States; 33, have Republican majorities as US House Representatives.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

When It Starts to Fall Apart you end up with candidates like Hillary and Trump. Just another sign of the times.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I wonder how willing either of the “big two” is to openly confirm itself as the party that no longer cares what its registered voters want. Since they already have the name, maybe they figure they may as well have the game.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I doubt they would openly admit what has become obvious. However using deceitfullness, and crisis to achieve the end game so it appears like the right thing is happening I can believe.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

using deceitfullness, and crisis to achieve the end game so it appears like the right thing is happening

Exactly. And the vast majority of the electorate is too dumbed down to realize what happened. Someone once said there are three types of people in the world: those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that wonder what happened. I would add a 4th category, however – which may still only be a subset of the 3rd category: those that don’t care what happened (unless it takes away their music, their benefit check, or refuses to forgive their PhD in gender studies student loan).

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

When It Starts to Fall Apart you end up with candidates like Hillary and Trump. Just another sign of the times.

Actually you end up with black candidates like Obama. When the Islamberg muslim enclave near Hancock ny was threatened with a protest ride by the bikers the libertarian churches came to the rescue. The naacp bused in hundreds of black activists from NYC and as far away as Michigan. It was all over the local demo rag newspaper. Only five bikers rode and ten cars followed them. Since my county is 95+% white it’s ok. The schools here are now on the White Party list of places to organize. When you talk third party in America I think the basis will be white Caucasian. Around us we have cites that are heavy black on black heavy crime areas. This area rejected gun registration when the state government tried to force it down our throats. When things fall apart we know who comes here to take advantage of it. It wasn’t the bikers.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree Brulen, The reason we have Trump is because of Hillary and Obama’s crimes and lies to the people. Even the GOP doesn’t want Trump and are still trying to set up a third party just to take down Trump and let Hillary win so the elites and the establishment can stay in control over the people.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

the GOP doesn’t want Trump and are still trying to set up a third party just to take down Trump and let Hillary win so the elites and the establishment can stay in control over the people.

Freedom, it’s POSSIBLE that Hillary would then win, but if they do it as planned, they would likely prevent either Trump or Clinton from getting a majority of the electoral votes, thus sending the choice between the top THREE candidates into the House of Representatives. This isn’t like Ross Perot’s attempt. Bernie has created major dissatisfaction within the Democratic ranks, so many of them would NOT vote for Hillary. And without more than 50% of the Electoral College votes (that’s the key), she can’t win even if she does have more popular votes than Trump or the 3rd party candidate. If the 3rd party advocates carefully target especially the states where Hillary and Trump both lost their primaries, ALL they have to do is win a handful of states sufficient to deny anyone from getting more than 50% in the Electoral college. Then the House picks the carefully SELECTED 3rd party candidate – or so goes the plan. Is it possible? Quite.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS this would be the end of the GOP as the people would see them as elites wanting to control there power over the people. Two, new polls are showing that the old GOP dictators are 100% wrong on Trump being able to win.

Trump pulls ahead of Clinton in new national poll

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/18/trump-pulls-ahead-clinton-new-national-poll/84567376/?hootPostID=aa093e96e1458fdfaedbb805e3307447

Trump would narrowly defeat Hillary Clinton 45-42% so as of now everything that the old GOP establishment has said is wrong about Trump winning, he even got more women vote in the poll.

Remember if they try this House picks the carefully SELECTED 3rd party candidate they would lose the senate for sure and maybe the house too. I personally know many that would vote for democrats for the house and senate if the GOP did have a third party run. So what would happen then would be a revolt against the GOP and an end. So many would change to independent so that would make the GOP into a third party or end it’s power.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Freedom,

Yes, it probably would mean the end of the Republican Party – at least as we know it today. What would emerge from the ashes is another whole question. As for your statement:

if they try this House picks the carefully SELECTED 3rd party candidate they would lose the senate for sure and maybe the house too.

No, because people would have voted on election day in November, not knowing who they would wake up to as President-elect the next morning. If they found out the next day that no one got an Electoral College majority the night before, their votes would already have been cast for House and Senate seats. The House vote from among the top three candidates on election day would probably not come until early January 2017, in time for inauguration day. The congressional elections would have long been over, way back in November 2016.

No matter what, it will get interestinger and interestinger as time goes on…. I don’t trust the last one of ‘em, personally.

Note: there are reports that people close to Romney are saying that he’s given up on his bid to find a 3rd party candidate. But Romney isn’t being quoted on this. In fact, The Blaze (as if that’s a highly reliable source {choke} ) seems to suggest Romney has not given up, and/or that others are still going forward hoping to fi!nd someone to run 3rd party. I would not count the move out until all the states’ ballots have been firmed up.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, No I would vote for any of the Republicans down the ticket so yes they would lose the house and the senate too! I know in my family and friends I have talked to all tell me the same thing that they would be so mad at the GOP for taking down the vote of the people that they would not vote for any GOP on the ticket and only vote for Trump. I believe that it is about 40 to 50% of the voters think this way by all the forums and blogs I am a member to.

The GOP are close on the senate tickets and very easily can lose if they do a third party move. It will be the end of the GOP power and they may not even get there third party dictator in office and even if they do the people will not be with him or her and the senate may be lost. Big gamble and for what, so they get what the voters do not want?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.