Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

After reading Flatlander’s review of “One Second After” by William R. Forstchen I thought I’d mention the TV series “Jericho”, which was on a few years ago.

“Jericho” is an interesting view along roughly similar lines to this book, in this case a Kansas town doesn’t know right away anything is wrong except the TV and radio go off; followed soon after with reports of a detonation at Denver. The series details how they try to survive diminishing supplies, civil breakdown, marauders, unemployed mercenaries, hostilities from a neighboring town, and the remnants of the old US waring with each other, trying to gain control. There are mysterious figures involved in the town whose past is only revealed later in the series.

I have watch this series several times and like it so much I want to suggest it to others. No doubt the series can be obtained from the usual sources you are familiar with.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thanks Eli,
    I’m going to try it out.

flatlander
    flatlander
    Survivalist
    member2

Elijah,

Jericho was a great show. The writers continued the story line with two graphic novels, links below. My wife who is a tough cookie initially thought it was a bit cheesy and then the show evolved into a very well written and acted what if SHTF scenario. I highly recommend the show.

Jericho Season 3 Graphic Novel

Jericho Season 4 Graphic Novel

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Thanks flatlander! I loved that series but didn’t know about the books continuing the story.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Thanks for those links, flatlander.

Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

flatlander
    flatlander
    Survivalist
    member2

My pleasure. The least I can do.

Profile photo of warpedrazorback
    warpedrazorback
    Survivalist
    member3

Rumor has it Netflix has picked up the rights and will be continuing the series. Not sure if it’ll ever pan out or not, but that’s the word on the street. We should organize a peanut “protest” like the fans did between seasons 1 & 2 to voice our support for Season 3.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I loved that show until the last couple episodes…. The way that they left it was HORRIBLE. I knew that they did the graphic novels, but never took the time to find it. Thanks for the links.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I had a hard time watching that , and after 3 episodes , gave up on it ………………nobody is likable . Went back to Supernatural , far better series .

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

It was alright. It helped open up some peoples minds on the possibilities of some events, as well as the aftermath. Decent entertainment value, I must say.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of chris.alaska
    chris.alaska
    Survivalist
    member2

Liked the premise, but the pop music soundtrack was cheeseball. Hard to beat “The Road” for a bleak look at the future; and no top 40 music in the background – bonus!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The Road was another very weak movie , Viggo Mortensen is a good actor , it wasnt his fault . It just had too many unanswered questions , things that are important to answer , they failed to do that . and as a result ………the movie really had no plot or reason , hell, the road warrior made more sense . Its like if you have to explain a joke …….you failed .

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

I should have thought to put in this link to a first episode clip.

This fan made trailer is quite good.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Jericho was one of those shows that I couldn’t get into.

Too much drama interjected into the story lines.

And whatever happened to the ‘survivalist’ who was there in the first(?) episode?
    The one guy who prepped and he’s written out of the story and his stuff used later.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.