Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This will be short and to the point. Back in 1990 my son was very ill. Over the course of 3 years he had extensive chemotherapy, Two major surgeries over 15 hours in the OR each time followed up with radiation. Months away from home in Manhatten at the hospital.

One thing that happened repeatedly was in conversations, a person would say, “I can’t believe your dealing with this, your so brave” My reply was always “No I’m not brave at all” They could never understand I’m just doing what has to be done. I could never understand them and how they thought they would do less.

btw. My son is fine now.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Good points, you said it very nice, it is about what has to be done.
    I am glad your son OK now after he s gone trough all that.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

1974t150v – gld your son is okay now. I think that until someone experiences a time where all sorts of bad stuff happens at one time, or one really horrendous thing with major complications – they truly have no idea of what they are capable of handling/doing. Of course, some people just sit down and melt down – but we’re each different. not many people seem to be able to put themselves in someone elses shoes very realistically – if at all.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Glad to hear your son is doing fine now. I understand how this made you feel. I think especially the downs in life helped me to from a good perspective on life.

The people who said you are brave put themselves in your position and are not sure if they could deal with it the way you did. It shows a bit their own worries of how they would deal with such a situation and people just want to be nice and probably don’t know what else to say, so they say you are brave.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

I’m glad your son is okay now!
    To survive traumatic or deadly situations, those of us who have the will to survive do what has to be done.
    You shut off certain parts of your brain and just do it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.