Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

This is an interesting surplus item that I picked up . Its a 6 liter olive oil canteen . Not that many around , but the size , shape , and cap design made me get one . Its made of very heavy aluminum , not fond of aluminum , but a lot of European surplus is made of it . The cap is on a chain , and is a funnel of sorts , can be used to help fill , or to help dispense liquids without spilling . It has strap lugs on the side for attaching to wherever you want to place it . Has a wool cover , very thin , but wool none the less . Because of the interesting kidney and funnel design , and 6 liters is a good amount of liquid , the uses are many . Because of its unusual appearance , its a good candidate for putting specialty liquids into , like cooking fuel , that you want to stand out , and not have worry about it being mistaken for something else .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Looks well made. Like the cover on it. Nice.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Looks like it would be good for A1 Kero or Ballistol. Its a container you would never put somewhere and forget about it. lol spells forgetful.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Interesting…cost?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Shop around , I got mine for about $30 from a Canadian source . I have seen them on Sportsmans Guide off and on , for about $20 . I cancelled my order from Sportsman’s Guide because they failed to mention it was backordered ( back ordering is bad business practice ) , and have had some bad experiences with them , so thats a place I wont order from again ………….ever !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.