Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

It’s been bugging me for a long time that most news organizations refer to the animals in Iraq and Syria as ISIS. But the President and other government officials refer to them as ISIL. They are talking about the same group, so I did a search on the term Levant. Here’s what I found on the Free Dictionary site:

A region on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea north of the Arabian Peninsula and south of Turkey, usually including the area of Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, and Syria.

Based on that definition, is the government ceding a large swath of the middle east including Israel to the nut jobs that have been murdering people in the most gruesome way possible.

Is this deliberate or is this splitting hairs?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Deliberate!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Every word spoken or written from the WH is deliberate. Obviously he is giving recognition to the caliphate.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Personally, I think calling them ISIL instead of ISIS is a way of flattering and/or encouraging them. That ‘Bams, Muslim by birth and by his rearing while living in Indonesia, yet again refused to use the word Islamic after this last barbarity tells me that there is nothing the jihadis can do that cause him to waiver in his support of Muslim causes.

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

I don’t much care what anyone calls them, a sub human is still a sub human.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Dead on mtb

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Whether you call them isil or isis ( I will not dignify them by using capital letters) they are the same murderous a-holes. Ron S

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB you are right on the money! I will call them ISIS the terrorist group.

Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

During his testimony before Congress, Chuck Hagle’s replacement referred to them as Levant. I’m now convinced that this is a very specific plan by the administration. I wonder if it is a shot at Israel. I am becoming more convinced that this President will side with these radicals before Israel. I just do not understand why. It just does’t make any sense.

Then another news report said that a group of Jewish Congressmen layed into the Israel ambassador over the Prime Minister’s speech. Are they so shallow that they would try to score political points against their own heritage?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer on your “I just do not understand why. It just does’t make any sense.”

Well one reason is Obama’s father was Muslim and the second reason is Obama is Muslim but doesn’t want to make it public. O can’t stand the Israelis. He is with Iran too.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Roadracer, there is approximately 0% chance that a child born to a Muslim father is not considered Muslim by birth in the Islamic world. This may be why we’ve never seen his real birth certificate. There is also approximately 0% chance that a child being raised by a Muslim Stepfather is not going to be raised as a Muslim. This may be why his life in Indonesia is a blank slate with not much more known than he lived there. ‘Bams may have gotten some nominal Christian exposure when he went to live with his grandparents in Hawaii, and then smart enough to keep the Muslim part of him underground being he wanted a political career, but even if he doesn’t believe he is a full fledged Muslim his roots have blinded him to the threat that Islam represents to the world. Maybe his Muslim relatives were peaceful people far removed from jihadi beliefs, and that’s all he can see.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I don’t think I’ve heard the term “Levant” used this way since Lawrence of Arabia.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, We also have to remember that O’s father was not only a Muslim but also a well known Communist!

Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks for the insights. I know the church he went to in Chicago is a really radical church. Rev. Jeremiah Wright is a loose cannon, who I suspect is a racist. So we have a President that was raised Muslim and attended a radical church for twenty years. No wonder he acts the way he does.

Like ancient Rome we are being destroyed from within. I’m always a glass half full guy, but our days are truly numbered.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer, Yes are days are numbered but it maybe that his days are numbered. We The People will win this! We all need to believe. Will America change? maybe be divided to more then one country? But in the end we will win this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.