Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Looks like House Homeland Security Chair Rep. Michael McCaul thinks ISIS is getting ready to hit the west. I think he is right. ISIS is here planning there next attack.

http://news.yahoo.com/isis-intent-hitting-west-external-operations-under-way-174518722–abc-news-topstories.html

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It’s obvious that they are here and probably have been here for years. The real question is strategically what will they do? If they attack a city and kill thousands of people they will only incite us to wipe them out forever. It might cause local havoc much like a hurricane would, but it would not stop or destroy us.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I agree with you, I am not sure what is there plan. It will take a lot of planning on there part to do something very big which to me is take the grid down and even that will incite us to wipe them out but remember that I do not think they care if we try to wipe them out.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Free,
    As it is we will probably just bomb them and disrupt their operations for a while then leave them alone when it looks like they have withdrawn. If they pinprick us here then we will kill most of them and we will not be harmed. I’m certain it is not their intent to die for a nothing gained try in the US.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

They seem sufficiently fanatical that they may not care that we’ll come after them hard following a major attack on the US.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MTB,
    I agree. I just don’t see them pissing away their opportunity on small potatoes. We will come after them no matter what they do, so they have to make it a really substantial event. Even a nuke in one city will not destroy us. They do anything here and we will eradicate them, so it has to be the same level of attack or they lose.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74 I am in agreement with MountainBiker on this. Remember they are not only in Iraq where we are able to hit them, they are in Syria and probable in other countries. They learned with what Al Qaeda and how we went after them. There leaders are all over the place now and will make sure they are located somewhere that we can’t hit them like Iran.

They believe that they will be rewarded when the die, they are the most fanatical group since Hitler and the Japanese, the problem is that this group will be harder to kill since they are located everywhere.

We are in trouble my friends.

Profile photo of PaulC
    PaulC
    Survivalist
    member2

A couple points:

1. ISIS is religiously motivated to destroy the influence of the US. Check out this documentary here: https://news.vice.com/video/the-islamic-state-part-1. This means that rationality, though a factor, is further down the list and makes them dangerous. They don’t equate dying with losing.

2. they know they don’t have to destroy the US (or the West) through an atomic bomb per se, but rather destroy by fear (terrorism). What that means is that they can perform a high-value strike (symbolic) that takes a major psychological toll on a fragmented, financially and morally weakening people. The appetite for suffering here in the US is at an all-time low – people have grown accustomed to having it as smooth as possible and have little tolerance for discomfort. This equates to an easy target.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

PaulC well said. For them dieing is living and they have no problem with hitting us very hard and knowing that we will hit them back. ISIS is a very dangerous group. One of the problems we have is that we hit a group like Al Qaeda and another group grows from it like ISIS. Will this keep happening? The middle east is full of fanatical groups.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The most effective method for them to attack us would be the type attack laid out below. They can strike a crippling blow, maybe enough to wipe us out as a nation. The disease would be spread to the military removing them as an effective fighting force. If this article is true we are in major trouble.

From the conspiracy thread Mr Red posts: http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1795.htm

“In just one example of these “experiments” conducted by Boko Haram and IS, this report outlines, their operatives were directly infected with the Ebola virus and then sent on “martyr missions” to other West African nations and villages where they would then withdrawal their own blood and disperse it to their “targets” at roadside cafes/restaurants by adding it to the water or other beverages people would purchase.”

“And of these 8,000 IS terror members in the US posing as Saudi students, the SVR states, nearly 3,000 have become “Ebola Martyrs” willing to die in their “mission” of infecting as many Americans as they can before their stated deadline of October”.”

Profile photo of warpedrazorback
    warpedrazorback
    Survivalist
    member3

*deleted; wrong topic*

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Personally I don’t believe a “government” has this in mind. Isis is different.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>warpedrazorback wrote:</div>This train of thought begs the question: to what end? What would be the benefit of wiping out such a huge tract of the population? What would be the gain? Control of a nation without farmers, toilet cleaners, street sweepers, garbage collectors, etc? Is that the world the elite would want to live in?

I know it’s satirical, but every time I hear/read this line of thought, I think about a Douglas Adams’ book (can’t remember which one), a subplot of which was the people of a doomed planet built a spaceship to ferry off the people who “mattered”, the politicians, the philosophers, the artists, the scientists…and they all died from a virulent ear infection because there was no one to clean the handsets on the telephones.

That would be “The Restaurant at the end of the Universe”.

And bluntly the isis punks don’t want to control us, they want to be rid of us.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“they can perform a high-value strike (symbolic) that takes a major psychological toll on a fragmented, financially and morally weakening people” PaulC

I don’t believe we are so weak. We have a lot of liberals in places making noise like “we the people” are weak. In Fly-Over-Country folks are not going to rollover and let Muhammad take over.

Profile photo of warpedrazorback
    warpedrazorback
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks, Whirlibird. I had several tabs open and that response was meant for another topic. Sorry for the confusion!

*ETA* And yes, I think IS certainly has the mentality to be able to destroy nations in the pursuit of their caliphate. Capability, maybe not quite so much, but intent is assured.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.