Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

There may be more there than we even have any idea. And no, I don’t have any guesses. I’ve just learned from 20/20 hindsight (or as clear as historical records can get it) that sometimes what’s going on at the time is as much as 180º out of sync with the holographic image that only looks real. Anyone remember the “comedy” {choke!} movie “Wag the Dog?” (I thought it was non-fiction, myself….)

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, Turkey has been on the wrong side many times, but now they are a NATO protected nation. If they get in a dust up with Russia we will get pulled in. Maybe it’s the plan, they sure weren’t interested anytime before.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

we will get pulled in

Or will we? Don’t forget our Commander in Chief’s “red line.” Does he really have the stones to adhere to the NATO treaty? Or will he destroy any sliver of trust anyone has in the United States anymore? For all we know, it may even be an intentional set up for just that scenario, where Barack has to finally display the x-ray of his spinal area to see if there’s anything there. While I’m certainly not hoping we get involved again, particularly against the Soviets – ooops, there I go again – Russians, either we’re a party to the NATO agreement, or we are not. We either hold to our agreements or we do not. I don’t personally believe B. Hussein would honor our nation’s long-standing NATO obligations. Either honor it, or get out – BEFORE we’re called on to honor it.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS,
    You could be correct. Whatever it is that’s happening it is to further someone’s plan, not to protect civilians. If what you suggest came true it would destroy NATO and leave Europe to their own devices. Considering the current invasion, Europe would be SOL.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

GS , NATO should be dissolved , the Europeans are really not all that keen on it anymore , except for the tiny , no account nations like Romania that see ghosts from the past . THe Soviet Union is dead , and is not coming back . All it is is a way for the US to drag in other nations to help in the debacle De Jour , now it could backfire the other direction . Sense the collapse of the Soviet Union , WE have been the aggressor nation . I hope O doesn’t have the nut to honor a treaty thats usefulness and need has passed .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I would be out of order to comment further than just to say this: there is MUCH more going on, even this very day, than you can read about in the news. I don’t claim to have access to the details or even the specific locations, but frankly I’m very worried that some big sierra is about to go up that could affect much of the world in domino fashion. I hope not, but we’re closer and closer to where the margin of error is just way too close to play with. As crazy as Khrushchev seemed to be at the time, and as relatively young and inexperienced as Kennedy seemed to be at the time, there were some very experienced and knowledgeable people on both sides that figured out how to get out of the Cuban Missile Crisis once we got literally to the brink and were looking into the ultimate abyss. We’ve got a bunch of pseudo-sophisticated, totally self-absorbed people in DC today that don’t have a clue that they don’t have a clue, thinking instead that they’re all-wise and can pull off anything they want. And these troop cutbacks, budget cuts, “limited boots on the ground in an advisory capacity only,” are 2/3 (the first two items in that list) accurate much to our severe risk, and 1/3 Bravo Sierra (“limited” boots on the ground) to a significantly high power. (Don’t forget the Native American master sergeant KIA just three weeks ago.) Add in the crazy ISIS/Al-Qaeda factor, and all bets are off. Lil’ Kim would even probably feel emboldened to enter the fray just to feel the rush of ultimate power. And China is testing new, improved, anti-satellite weapons as we type.

We’re about to get into something that we do not have the resources to carry out except through the nuclear option, I seriously fear. It’s bringing back memories of a time in the 50s and early 60s when EVERYONE knew someone that was building a fallout shelter, and we were doing the school drills of ducking under our desks, facing away from the windows, and covering our heads – complete with the “Civil Defense” shelter signs pointing the way to the mass shelters. Knowing what white snowy looking stuff falling from the skies would be, was a way of life back then. Those were truly scary days in which to grow up, and nobody today seems to realize how close we could be to it again, let alone how woefully unprepared we are to keep it below a nuclear level, and therefore “manageable” (whatever that means). And if the line is crossed for us, we’d only then learn just how much of a JV team we’ve got up on the line.

I was just thinking of the music fading in as Slim Pickens rode the nuke down at the very end of the classic movie, “Dr. Strangelove.” “We’ll meet again, Don’t know where, don’t know when, But I know we’ll meet again, some sunny day.”

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

GS , NATO should be dissolved

I’m not sure I disagree with that at all. Sadly, the ONLY candidate that might possibly agree with that is Rand Paul. But that’s a whole ‘nother discussion altogether. And even if he fought for it, Congress would absolutely not allow it. Yet while still in it, we totally blow our entire credibility (what little we appear to have left) if we DON’T honor it. Do, or not do – that is the impossible dilemma so long as NATO is in force. And it won’t go away except if we make it fall apart, but then we’d be totally cut off from international trust and cooperation for at least a generation (which we probably wouldn’t survive anyway).

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Probably not, but that’s not my concern. I fear the Sunnis will bomb Iran and blame Israel, or the Shiite bomb Sunnis and blame Russia, or some unforseen combination happens. Maybe Russia uses a nuke then what happens?

Good reminder. While both Sunnis and Shite hate everything to do with the West, at the same time they also hate each other. If in the fog of war so to speak they could make a major move on the other, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Though I’m thoroughly turned off by the new owner of Casey Research (the long-time brain child of Doug Casey), I still subscribe to a couple of his publications, one of which is the monthly “Casey Report.” Even though Porter Stansberry now owns Casey Research, Doug Casey still has some input. I truly wish copyright wasn’t a factor, because I’d love to post the entire end notes portion of this month’s edition right here. You all would love it! But I believe in protecting a person’s right to his own material (or even the company behind it), so I’ll just operate under the “fair use” doctrine and post this tiny piece from his latest meanderings:

Since economies around the world are all weakening, and political leaders are all similar in essential mindset, there’s good reason to believe the trend towards World War III is accelerating.

In the article he points out (as one of many factors of course) how the United States simply cannot keep its nose out of everyone else’s business – not that we can’t engage in discussion and even sometimes apply pressure, but he’s talking about overt threatening behavior. Just one quote in the article makes the point at a fundamental level:

How would the U.S. react if Chinese planes and warships were often seen off the West coast? Or if the Santa Catalina or San Juan islands developed independence movements that the Chinese backed?

Indeed….

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

While the US media has been focused on the Cali Muslim Terrorism, tensions between Turkey and it’s neighbors’ continues.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-06/iraq-may-seek-direct-military-intervention-russia-expel-turkish-troops

Personally I don’t envision Russia intervening directly but I think the Iran vs Turkey issue is a major concern.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Very interesting article 74.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    While most people believe Syria is a proxy war between the US and Russia, the real war is between Iran vs Turkey/ Saudia Arabia.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/19970

the war is over water, oil is the cover up how much will you pay for water when there is none. Libya was also a water http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/may/27/libya-water-hidden-weapon

sure you can sell oil but there is to much http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-12/something-very-strange-taking-place-coast-galveston

food and water do you have enough?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Namelus,
    The Muslims are fighting the same fight they always have since 632AD the day Mohammad died. It’s about who is his successor; all this time has gone by and they still can’t figure it out.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

you think this is about religion? that is how they sold the crusades to the stupids, the same reason everyone wanted to hold holy land ….. not about religion it is about knowledge and all the things that brings….

of course there are the “martyrs” the useful idiots as joesph stalin had stated they are there to distract. How come same group same people always show up in conflict? for those of you who have military background how long does it take to get trained infantry few months how long for armor? how long for them to be able to fight effectively and how much support and equipment is required to have an offensive capability against hardened troops? then walk through places like that have stood as dictators for generations in single week? Where to train such people? sure you can train infantry fast but armor? artillery? coordinate to crush enemy formations at will? of course this is just a bunch of muslim rag tag jihadists.. REALLY you think that?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.