Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is some news happening, US role in Syria brings push for Congress vote on new war powers,

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/08/us-role-in-syria-brings-push-for-congress-vote-on-new-war-powers/?intcmp=hplnws

I personally do not like were this is going.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Call me old fashioned but I don’t think troops should ever be deployed into combat situations without a declaration of war with every member of Congress being required to vote on the record. No abstensions and nobody being allowed to be not present to vote.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THey dont declare war , because they would
    1. have to have set conditions for victory
    2. would have to win in a timely manor ( draftees tend to get pissed off if it drags out too long , families of draftees start to get unruly at home over it )
    3. have something to show for the money and lives spent .
    4. They would be too afraid of the population if we lost ( we have never lost a declared war , we have not won a war sense 1945 )

As it stands now , its an all volunteer military , thats why the outrage of the past decades by the public isnt there . The percentage of the population effected is very small , its a planned event by the individual , nothing is disrupted . On the other hand , the draft effects ALL of the population , people are pulled away from employers , pulled away from families , etc. against their will . Now , you will see outrage from the population if things dont go well .

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Call me old fashioned but I don’t think troops should ever be deployed into combat situations without a declaration of war with every member of Congress being required to vote on the record. No abstensions and nobody being allowed to be not present to vote.

Yes sir! Absolutely!

Congress doesn’t declare war nowadays because when it goes off the rails, as in the last three wars, they’d be the ones to blame. Easier to give the prez carte blanche and let him take the blame when the hot potato turns into a cynical project to funnel $$ into the “right” pockets, as it always does (except this prez is ethnically blame-proof) and make sure the home district gets its “fair share” of the $$. Too bad about the troops!

Besides, we don’t do constitution any more — ask the Just-Us-es.

Cry, "Treason!"

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Robin ,
    One has to take some self responsibility when traveling abroad . If people choose to ignore warnings about a country’s safety , they dont live in a cave , they know what is going on in a said place …………especially if its bad . Then they are 50% at fault for just being there in the first place . That whole region is unsafe . In the case of journalists , there is no job or career worth dying for .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

The two dead Americans weren’t travelers or journalists. They were contract security people, working for the State Department, training Jordanian police at a US-funded police training facility, and were shot by a Jordanian police captain. Apparently we should also blame Major General Harold Greene who was assassinated in Afghanistan in a well secured military compound last year, for at least 50% of the fault in his own death, just for being there in the first place…. Nice.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

They know the risks when they sign the paper . Just Sayin
    Not saying its right , but ” private security ” firms are nothing more than mercenaries , no sympathy here .
    The actions of Blackwater endangered the lives of US servicemen in Iraq , and US efforts in that area , to the point where they were ordered to leave the country or face arrest . Our Soldiers dont need privet tactical Tommies , that dont answer to anybody , stirring up crap with the locals , too many loose cannons and poor judgment in their ranks .
    Journalists also know the risks , its a personal choice they make , unlike the military , they do have a choice .
    Private citizen tourists dont live in a cave , they hear what is going on in trouble spots around the globe …….Go vacation in Italy , or Britain , instead of Syria , Jordan , or other mid east nation right now . The only people I know that want to go to the middle east right now are Jewish , headed to Israel .
    I dont advocate or condone what happens to Americans in that area of the world , BUT , yes some if it can be avoided by not going there . I stand on my statements . Going to any foreign country is a risk , how much depends on the country . One reason I wont leave the US , another reason is lack of interest .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

All that is happening with stabbings and back shooters just goes to enforce the old rule about not turning your back on someone you don’t know. Especially someone armed.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The King of Jordan called the war in Syria a World War today, he thinks Russia can end the war. I also saw an article claiming the Russians are moving tactical nukes close to the war zone and moving civilianns out. I’m hoping that claim is just crank bait.

Now that Russia is involved I’m a bit more concerned about a false flag event with a nuke being involved. NK or Pakistan could sell a nuke to a thrid party and blame it on Russia, a NATO country or Israel.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I dont think Israel would do it except in legit self defense .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Probably not, but that’s not my concern. I fear the Sunnis will bomb Iran and blame Israel, or the Shiite bomb Sunnis and blame Russia, or some unforseen combination happens. Maybe Russia uses a nuke then what happens?

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

I can see Israel nuking to save itself. I believe this would be a first strike instead of waiting to see if someone nukes them first.
    Robin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Turkey ready to dispatch 10, 700 soldiers to Syria. https://www.agi.it/en/world/news/turkey_ready_to_dispatch_10_700_soldiers_to_syria-201511111933-pol-inw0006?#

I’m not really an alarmist or anything but the international mix can’t be good. Three weeks ago Turkey was ready to down Russian jets. Now they are going to move in troops.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THey move in troops , they will get their butt kicked . Putin has already given them a warning . They better look a little closer to their geography , Russia proper is not very far away . They could get smoked before we could do anything about it . There are a lot of people in Greece and Cyprus that wouldnt mind seeing Turkey get stomped .

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.