Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

OK so I thought this was about ww3

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Well I think we are down to four Tolik, Trump, Carson, Cruz and Rubio.

Then the only question remaining is whether Trump becomes President with Tolik as VP or Tolik becomes President with Trump as VP. I’m thinking the campaign was have a Vote the Double T Ticket theme.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

It is , and politics are a HUGE part of starting or avoiding WW3 , you get a sane guy in office , it can be avoided when cooler heads prevail , you get a Hillary or McCain nut job in office ……………the world can kiss their butt good bye .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

You are correct. There will be plenty of other threads where Presidential politics can be discussed. And with that I’m off to bed being I am leaving for Oyster Bay, Long Island at 6AM. Makes for a long day but better than than having to stay overnight down there too.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of MountainBiker MountainBiker.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I contributed to the off-topic posts myself, so this is not pointed at anyone else – just an observation. There are many US members in the SHTF Forum, and it’s easy to just focus in on what’s going on in our part of the world. But we also have valuable input from many members in other parts of the world as well. If we (the US members) are not careful, we could unintentionally marginalize those members, and gradually lose their participation. I don’t think anyone is not particularly appreciative of knowing what’s going on in South Africa, Denmark, Greece, and elsewhere – it appears we all are. And recently we’ve gotten great insights into those three places particularly – not only the on-the-ground circumstances, but also how it affects the human beings involved in it. Not only is that instructive to others (particularly those of us in the US, where we haven’t yet experienced the depths that others have had to endure and find ways of coping with), but this place has the potential to be somewhat of a support system for each of us as well, since I suspect most of us – regardless of location – feels somewhat locally isolated not due to the literal meaning of that word, but because we’re surrounded by so many that just don’t see what’s really happening.

At least among those in the Forum, there’s a connection of common concern, relatively common understandings of what is really going on, etc. If we end up bringing specific US-experience into threads that are much more universal than that, we risk alienating those of us NOT living our U.S. experience. I would imagine that for the most part, the non-US members here understandably don’t particularly care about our internal politics, quite frankly – except to the extent that it ends up impacting the rest of the world through the results of our own foreign policy. So for myself, I’m going to try to do a better job of looking outside myself more, being aware of the thread topic, and not injecting US politics into something that could and potentially should be useful to any of our members, regardless of location. Those should go in specifically U.S.-themed threads.

Personally, I’ve been very appreciative (and have personally benefited) from the more recent contributions from Proteus55, Leopard, DutchViking, Meduseld, and others. But as I’ve explored the Forum further back, I see many other non-US folks here beyond those four, and most of them seem to have last contributed before I joined the Forum. I certainly hope they didn’t go away because they got the feeling that no matter what was started here, it always seemed to come down to a US-themed discussion. To the extent I unintentionally contributed to that, and I did, I offer my apology.

Thanks to 74 who redirected the current side track to an appropriately separate discussion at “Politics and the [U.S.] Presidential Elections.” Good call!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

GS wrote ” I would imagine that for the most part, the non-US members here understandably don’t particularly care about our internal politics, quite frankly – except to the extent that it ends up impacting the rest of the world through the results of our own foreign policy. ”

Thats normal , we are the same way . Just Sayin

GS wrote ” There are many US members in the SHTF Forum, and it’s easy to just focus in on what’s going on in our part of the world. But we also have valuable input from many members in other parts of the world as well. If we (the US members) are not careful, we could unintentionally marginalize those members, and gradually lose their participation. ”

This is true , however , I feel one of the reasons for this is the lack of participation from the site owner and founder , Selco . He for all intents and purposes , has abandoned the forum to its own devices . What that means is this . As you pointed out , THe forum is dominated by US based members , we are in effect keeping the forum alive , as we have no leader . That being the case we naturally focus on our nation . I , and others , have been here sense the beginning . It was different then , and much more international , that is because we had participation of the leader to keep us focused , and in that direction , we no longer have that . I think it was better before . Not to be a jerk , but if it were not for about 7-10 members , this forum would die , and even then , the majority of the contributions from members , on a regular basis , can be counted on one hand . We have no direction , we have no leader . I agree with your entire post , but the people that live outside the US are at fault also , SPEAK UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you cant tell me that they cant speak up , participate by creating their own threads , topics , etc. and add to this forum that is basically being kept alive by 5 people . Speak up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I try to bring in foreign news , topics , and events ……….so do others , but the same US members are the only ones that respond to them generally speaking , so who’s fault is that ? not US based members . Speak up !!!!!!!!!!!!! but they dont . We have no leader , and that is what it all boils down to . We have been abandoned , and Jay is kind enough to continue to provide us with a platform . The reason why I joined SHTF , SHTF Forum in the first place , was because of the unique insight from Selcos experiences , and the different point of views from those in other countries , that was then , we no longer have that . Now I stay here BECAUSE of the US members . I hear what your saying , and agree 100% , but seriously , the US members are the only ones keeping this place alive , thats not our fault . I had hoped that the site would be a place where people worried about their future from all over the world would bring in their views , so we could all better understand what is really going on , and learn prepping tricks from those outside the US , I had even hoped that there would be a few Russians , to ask what the real scoop was , vs what every body was being told , as well as from all over Europe . It was promising in the beginning of it being just that , but unfortunately , it has never come to pass .Again , not the fault of the US members , so I feel the blame is actually on the non US members , not our international apathy , but THEIR international apathy . Sorry for the long read folks , but GS brought up a subject that , at its root , may be bothering others besides myself , and the reason why its that way . Survivalist forums grow by word of mouth , we are doing our part .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Actually I like the fact that we are self moderated. I don’t know if this forum is linked to selco’s blog anymore of not, but it doesn’t really matter. I’ve enjoyed the conversations and the wisdom’s of many people. Even the less desirable ideas bring to light things we should give consideration.

I posted a link to selcos most recent blog. Of good thinking and it follows along with many of the previous discussions we have had here. I hope new and old forum members contribute. However as the saying goes, you can only lead a horse to water, you can’t make him drink it.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

This almost should start a separate topic. I thought about it, but decided that creating a totally new separate thread would be evident to everyone coming to the Forum. I don’t personally think it would be healthy or appropriate to elevate it to that extent. This is where the issue started; I don’t want to drag in others that weren’t already previously aware of it because they weren’t following this thread. So on with the off-topic comments (apologies to

Threads HAVE been started by non-US members of the Forum. Leopard, Meduseld, and Proteus55, just off the top of my head, with significant posts by pitty and dutch_viking that also come to mind. Not being familiar with everyone yet (it hasn’t been that many months since I joined), there are probably others, so the list above was not intended to diminish anyone else’s posts from outside the US. If others have dropped off over the long term, I’m not going to get into their minds and either blame or excuse away those choices – I don’t have any rational way of even assessing their reasons, short of actual statements of, “I’m leaving, and here’s why.”

We’re big boys and girls here, and if we can’t sustain this gift that Selco and his close associates not only provided, but have recently tried to upgrade technologically, that’s our problem. Selco owes us nothing! When he occasionally contributes, I read what he has to say carefully and slowly. I have no way of knowing what else is going on in his life that may leave him very little time to participate here, so I have no right to have a problem with his lack of frequent involvement, let alone blaming him for the falling away of others.

I never intended to even go this direction with my post. I merely suggested that we Americans not feed the all-too-frequent view of Americans in general as self-centered, self-serving people, by even unintentionally hijacking someone else’s thread topic, and particularly steering it to a specifically US-based theme. US topics are fine. They should just be as specifically identified as was South African, Greek, the European invasion, etc. Personally, I’m appreciating getting the additional perspectives, and value those. I just don’t want to detract from them. To get into some blame-game here was neither my intent, nor anything I choose to be a part of. Of all places, this is a place where I would see it as not only unnecessary, but also inappropriate and unwarranted.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

There is another issue here , and its so obvious it escapes us , myself included ……………and that is language barrier . You cant contribute IF you dont read or write English . Nobody’s fault , but that is also why this forum is dominated by Americans , and other English speaking peoples . I can half way read Russian , but I cant contribute to any forums there for the simple fact that I dont have a Russian key pad , they have more characters than we do . We are not alienating anybody , we welcome and encourage input from other countries ………….but ……it is what it is . Australians , Kiwi’s and other people could post , but they choose not to .Your right , Selco owes us nothing , but dont get bothered when the Forum goes in as an American dominated entity , when we are left to our own devices . I would like it to be more international , as it would allow us to get ” educated ” by people that are in places we have a false impression of , and we ” educate ” those in other countries about how things REALLY are here . But that is rarely the case , except for those you mentioned . This IS an American forum , it has been abandoned to its own , not a bad thing , but we alienate no members from other countries , but I stand on my statement that this forum is kept alive by 7-10 people . You look at the total membership numbers of the site , its a big community , but reality is , you look at the number of people that post on a regular basis , its a very small neighborhood . Again , I say Speak up ! Gift Selco has given us ? Sorry , the forum is not the gift , it has been abandoned to us , tempers , personalities and all , to be run as we see fit . We can get that anywhere . I gripe , because it was started by a person that has lived through the real deal , , and that person no longer wishes to participate , and to point out where we are off base in our discussions from real life knowledge . The gifts are actually the Blog Posts , not part of the forum . He doesnt have time , then he doesnt have time , so we are it . But as Americans , our experiences are limited . As for the last paragraph , yes and no , if you are going to be on the internet , you need to get a thicker skin , thats all there is to that . As adults , we should be able to handle it one direction or the other equally well . I am a supporter of religion( s) in general , but I do find that those that are overly so , tend to get butthurt or offended by other people , way too easily , instead of looking at it as a challenge , and fighting fire with fire . Good or bad , the internet is what it is , people get emotional at times about subjects that they see affecting their lives , move on . At the end of the day , on the end of our screen , nothing in our real life has changed .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

[Unwise post on my part deleted.]

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Let’s just let this fade away, there’s nowhere for it to go…………..

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

74, sincere thank you for the reality check. Not having a good day, but that’s still no excuse.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I think we’ve been getting WWIII, in bits and pieces, on the installment plan, for the last three decades. When has the world been at peace? Lack of reportage is not necessarily lack of action.

I think the people we initially feared most, have followed us into the potential loser’s column, and a bunch of seventh century barbarians, having been armed and trained by “our” government, or its allies, have moved into the potential winner’s column, because they are encouraged at the prospect of dying for their cause.

I think a war on our ground is around the corner, and down the block a few steps, but I believe as soon as our adversaries think they have the advantage, they won’t hesitate. I also think many of our institutions, government, academia, entertainment, news media, have been subsidized by those who expect to end up owning it all, to lull us to let it happen. Renegades like ourselves will prepare for that, as well as all the other adverse possibilities.

Okay, I’ll shut up about it.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of dutch_viking
    dutch_viking
    Survivalist
    rreallife

i read a lot a say a little …..,
    WW3 is already building up and working towards a climax ,
    Only a few people take notice and react to it…..
    preparing there family,s for this SHTF ,Getting Food water medicine fire preps etc ,
    will WW3 Become a T.E.O.T.W.A.W.K.I…….??? …..
    if our so called leaders keep there heads cool and out of there ass,es ,
    i hope they pick up there phones instead of pushing that Red button ,
    and turning some keys …..,
    this ugly trojan racing horse from the islamic states aint pretty ,
    and it will cost many lives ,every day i read it and here this thing going on in europe,
    people getting stabbed because there white , because there Cristian ,
    maybe its time whe get our ass kicked , after doing years of kicking our selfs…..
    i wish there are more country,s checking in on this website ,i dont believe the MSM …..i want to hear things from the people that live over there first hand ….
    thank you all for keeping your heads straight and still thinking…..
    pray for peace and prepare for war…..
    thats all i can say for now…..

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of dutch_viking dutch_viking.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

dutchviking + 100
    I’m glad Protius checks in , once in awhile for that reason , as a guy over there living the life , its good to hear how it actually is . Hope more join in .
    L.Tecolote , I agree , IF we are stupid enough to attempt to expand outside Iraq and Afghanistan , towards Syria , it will force Putin to send in Russian ground troops to support his ally , they are already committed at this point . Thats why its important to look at other news . For the first 10 days of the anti ISIS campaign , the US had 20 something air strikes , the Russians are claiming over 100 air strikes ……………..that tells us who is serious , and who is not . Thats also why I am convinced that if WW3 takes place , the US will be the bad guy , as we really have very few candidates that are capable of keeping the cooler head . That and the fact that the motives NOT to team up , and get rid of radical Islam are in serious question .

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.