Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

This article came out today and I thought it fit into this discussion. http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/11/russia-ready-to-use-nuclear-weapons-2/

As kid the sage advice regarding fights, taunting and making threats was never to bluff. If you say something, you better be ready to do it, because if you say stuff they don’t like people will call you on it. Turned out they were right most of the time. Also found out people that give warnings usually mean what they say as well.

If Russian leaders say they will use nukes they probably mean it.

Putin doesnt bluff . There are reasons for everything he does , and those reasons are usually very well thought through before he takes any action . On one hand , he can be reasoned with , and negotiated with …..on the other hand He says he is going to do something , he will do it . Unfortunately for his opponents , his KGB training gives him an advantage over other leaders that act out of ego . Its the Egomaniacs that scare me more than Putin , and most of our leaders we have had have been egomaniacs . They dont make good decisions for fear of looking bad or weak , or cave in to the faction that has bought them out .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

That video is from 2008. Given the influx from the MidEast and Africa since then, my guess is that the timelines have been shortened. The US is better off (vs Britain and Western Europe) because the Mexicans and Central Americans will largely assimilate and will maintain a Christian majority country. Yes the country slowly becomes a little less European-centric but that’s OK.

The lack of children is so easy to see. My paternal grandparents had 3 kids, 12 grandchildren, but only 11 great-grandchildren. My maternal grandparents had 4 children (only 2 lived to adulthood), 11 grandchildren, but only 13 great grandchildren. My mother’s best friend had 5 kids and yielded no grandchildren at all. My town averages 25 kids per grade in the Middle/High School but the Elementary School coming up behind them only averages 20 per grade. The Boy Scouts that used the old one room schoolhouse across the way from me up until this year have disbanded. I was told the other day by someone on the recreation committee that it is getting harder to field baseball teams due to lack of kids. Statewide population is staying the same year to year but student enrollments are dropping about 1% per year.

Given the virtual lack of diversity in Northern New England (ME, VT, & NH are in the #1, 2, & 4 spots for being the whitest States in the country), that video makes me more than ever want to find a way to hold onto my property for my kids after I’m gone. My son plans to move to VT from MA but my daughter & her family are in NC, and she’s the one with kids at this point.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

About a year ago Russia was promoting and encouraging their citizens to have additional children. I’m pretty certain they are trying to overcome this problem as well as other social economic issues declining populations create.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik, yes I agree that Putin is much more calculating than most world leaders. He also has more freedom to act without interference from public opinion and the Russian media.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

(I had to confirm my identity to Youtube, and return a number sent by SMS, to see it)

I note that this seems to have come from LiveLeak originally, and is now on YouTube. I hate that you had to give up a cell phone number (presumably, since it was SMS), and associate that with your ID. One would have to wonder what is so “adult” about that video that they have to make you sign in AND provide a returned PIN number. I’ve got a YouTube account, and when I occasionally run across a video that’s only available to YouTube account holders, I’ve still never had to give a PIN number they return to my cell phone – I won’t GIVE them my cell number. Just because. (with one of the “becauses” being the fact that NoSuchAgency has YouTube in their list of sites from which they derive information. I’m most likely already out in their Utah “Data Center,” but I’m not going to help populate that database easily.

As to the video’s content, I grant that especially in the end, some of it is particularly speculative, and using emotion to drive membership in a fear campaign. OK. Still, the numbers themselves say that even if by 2035 it’s not total chaos and bloodshed (ours), we’re absolutely headed some place that we don’t want to go. Freedom of religion? All for it. But when one of those fast-growing populations has at its core a legal code that is anti-Constitution, I’ll stand with Ben Carson’s position ANY day on that issue. If Sharia isn’t credibly (key word – and how could you trust it anyway?) renounced, NO Muslim should be allowed to be sworn into office, since they hold an underlying philosophy that is inherently in opposition to the Constitution. They cannot in any honesty say they will sustain, defend, or support the Constitution without effectively saying they don’t subscribe to all the tenets of their faith.

That does it for me. I’m getting a Carson sticker, not necessarily because I’m entirely jazzed about him being the next President (though we could do worse, certainly). I’m getting it as a protest sticker that says I DO stand for some things that are not being articulated by ANY other candidate. At least I won’t be supporting apathy, let alone any of the other candidates. I’d actually like to have kept my III% sticker on my vehicle, but I have to go on a fairly nearby military installation from time to time still, and the cameras are a-rollin’ at the gates. Plus, going into town, there are cameras all over the place. Traffic control in the nearest decent-sized city is a joke, so what are all the cameras for? They’re everywhere. A Carson sticker is more meaningful to most people than a III% sticker anyway, and a whole lot less militant.

I know or have known many, many Muslims, and even have a Muslim relative in the not-very-distant family. Do I distrust all of them? Certainly not (I don’t think…). But that’s just it – which ones CAN we trust?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

74 ,
    They do have a population problem , many reasons for this , They lost over 27 million people in WW2 , as well as the estimated 6 million Stalin murdered , they still have not fully recovered from that . They have an alcoholism problem , and quite plainly , many men literally drink themselves to death before they reach age 30 . Men go to work abroad , and then not coming home , other things . In some places over there , women outnumber men 7-1 ( sounds like a good vacation huh ;) , Now the state is encouraging women to have more children with monetary incentives .
    MountainBiker wrote ” Given the virtual lack of diversity in Northern New England (ME, VT, & NH are in the #1, 2, & 4 spots for being the whitest States in the country), that video makes me more than ever want to find a way to hold onto my property for my kids after I’m gone. My son plans to move to VT from MA but my daughter & her family are in NC, and she’s the one with kids at this point.”
    Thats another reason I choose Maine to relocate , I’m sick of the sludge ( melting ) pot everywhere else .
    GeorgiaSaint ,
    Carson ? , no thanks , had enough of Obama , dont want another one . Have my protest sticker going as well , Putin/Nugent 2016 . Unfortunately I feel its just going to be having to vote for whoever is running against Hilary . Just Sayin

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Putin/Nugent 2016

Oh, don’t think I didn’t get quite a laugh out of that when I first saw it mentioned a few days ago. But somehow, just somehow, I don’t think that would go over too well when I go on a military reservation, or even drive around the city waving at the cameras. I like to be able to hold at least a FEW surprises in store. LOL

Somehow, I simply don’t see a Barack Hussein Obama when I look at Ben Carson. I absolutely loved the body-language and facial expression on Obama’s face when Carson gave that speech where he just ripped Obama’s policies from just five feet away! That was almost good enough for me right there! Something about content of character, and all that (or lack thereof in Obama’s case…).

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Carson ? , no thanks , had enough of Obama , dont want another one .

Another what? Marxist? Muslim? Undocumented pretender? Underachiever with all his academic records hidden? How is Carson like Obama, other than by having retained his birth-gender? Oh … ethnicity? What’s that got to do with anything?

If it turns out to be Carson vs. Hitlary, do you plan to write in Putin?

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Carson of course , anybody but another Dem . Even Sponge Bob at this point .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Oh, darn. It was just reported (and Carson admitted) that a claim in his book that he “was offered a full scholarship to West Point” was not exactly true. Uh, Ben (or ANY candidate), if you want credibility, then keep your integrity. First, there’s no such thing as a “full scholarship” to any US military academy. You get appointed, you’re enlisted, you sign a contract, you’re IN the military. It’s part of the contract: they train you, you agree to serve X number of years (used to be five, I think – don’t know what it is these days). Second, he’s also admitted he never even applied – he decided to pursue med school instead. Westmoreland urged him to go, and told him that with his grades, etc., he should have no problem getting an appointment (if he’d ever bothered to apply). Just a suggestion from the good General, don’tchaknow – no appointment, no scholarship, not even an application.

BIG deal? Not huge by itself. But what else does he stretch or distort or even lie about? That immediately becomes the question. Very saddening, indeed, though on a relativity scale, he’s probably far better than almost anybody else up there in the honesty scale. Still, I’m disappointed – he put it in his own book, knowing it wasn’t accurate – and now it’s a huge distraction from his candidacy positions..

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

One word for all of them …….POLITICIAN . Even Trump has his own agenda once in office . Spins the wheel , and takes your chances .

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Egyptian Pyramids are actually grain silos? I think he has been sipping the Electric Koolaid!
    Robin

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Egyptian Pyramids are actually grain silos? I think he has been sipping the Electric Koolaid!
    Robin

That and the lying about the military academy may well spell the death spiral of his campaign.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well I think we are down to four Tolik, Trump, Carson, Cruz and Rubio.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

There are things to like about Carson but I don’t believe he has the stones to be a good President. By the end of the weekend, definitely in a week or two the media will use the military bit to destroy him.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.