Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

GS, I would expect the cables to be cut early in the opening volleys of WWIII, that and the taking out of our communications satellites.

I am just stating the obvious perhaps but it is telling how frequently the terms “WWIII” and “nukes” are appearing in the internet chat world. That was not the case just a few short years ago. Even if the major media ignores any serious reporting and analysis of world events, people are feeling the ongoing build up of international tensions.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If we can come up with these plans in five minutes, someone with years of plans could have a lot in store for us. I don’t recall reading of plans to replell an invasion or see any readiness.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

With all due respect , we can rest assured that the plans exists . Thats what governments do , they plan possible scenarios . Just because we on the bottom floor dont hear about it , means nothing , we are not supposed to . Here is a historical example you will never read about in a history class . In the late 1930’s , with tensions rising in Europe , The US was a neutral country , we knew that war was most likely to break out . We didnt know what side we were going to take in the conflict if it did break out . We did a study and had a plan in place , about the invasion of Canada , in case we entered the war on GERMANY’S side . You wont here about that , for obvious reasons , but it did exist . As far as container ships filled with troops coming over ? there is a VIDEO GAME , called World in Conflict , Soviet Assault . It has Soviets invading through Seattle by doing just that . Now given that a gaming industry designer came up with that scenario for a product , do you not think that somebody in the Pentagon has not also have thought about that ? Forget the idiot in charge in the oval office and his cronies , thats what those guys do , they are not entirely incompetent . Another aspect that we are not thinking about , is this , and one of the reasons why anybody that went into Russia failed . Say an invasion did take place ? ok , its not just us , Canada for its own well being , would not sit by on the side lines . No jokes about the Canadian armed forces , the point is ………………look at the land area one would have to try to occupy between both of us , either by itself is a challenge , the saying , ” taking a place is easy , keeping it is the hard part ” is especially true . Look at the problems the Russians had in Afghanistan , and the problems we have there and Iraq , not big places , but we cant secure it . Now take the size of the US and Canada ………you see where the problem is , then throw in easily available arms to its citizens to the mix . Partizans suck , for an occupying army . Soviet partizans created such a nuisance for the germans , blowing up things , that it prevented needed troops and equipment from reaching the battle of Kursk . THe French resistance was equally as much of a pain . I think Putin is looking for ways he can screw us up the most , if things got bad . I dont think he is idiot enough to contemplate invasion ……………….The Chinese on the other hand , are just nuts enough to contemplate it .

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree with Tolik that plans exist with the real question being how do ordinary people fit into those plans. A few years back when I was part of a local pandemic flu preparation group, it seemed to me that the State and Federal Govts primary concern was COG (Continuity of Govt). There seemed to be little preparation or consideration for the general public. At a local level we were trying to plan for the people who lived in our town because it was clear to us that the State wasn’t.

That said, it is not realistic for the general public to think that somehow the Feds or their State or Local govts even remotely begin to have the resources to take care of everybody. It is logistically impossible. Even regional short term events such as Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy severely strained the Federal Govts ability to respond.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Everyone here is talking about a cyber attack. I think it will be an EMP attack. A small nuke inside a satellite over the center of the U. S. will do it. In four weeks 90% of the population will be dead and the rest of the lucky ones will have to deal with all the radiation from all the nuclear power plants. Game over.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Hard to say , I will stick with the only thing I can do …………..which is get ready as reasonably as I can for staying alive in Maine .

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

If those Russian self-propelled deep-sea submersibles could cut the cables, they could plant cutting charges for later use. If the Russkies haven’t done so already, Vlad is not the competitor he appears to be. It’s a form of insurance, which we’ve probably done to them as well, to the extent that they are vulnerable.

But the point, made several times over, that by .gov reckoning, we ordinary citizens are easily dispensable, therefore forgotten, and likely to be on our own, regardless of which fan the SH first, is well taken … especially when the fedgov and several of the states are already importing as much of a ready-made crisis as they can bribe to cross our pretend border.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    Maybe they have plans, maybe they have plans that will work. But history says no.

Profile photo of Proteus 55
    Proteus 55
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I have thought about this for ages, during this year and especially during the last few months. As far as my own personal opinion goes, I believe that WW3 is actually around the corner. What would be termed as a World War? A great number of countries involved in war, or coalitions of countries, or super-powers and their satellite allies engaging in a wardance either with proxy measures (drones, cyber attacks, viral weapons etc, destroying infrastructure or economies etc) or with actual old-style defcon countdown. Sure, some of this is conjecture or open to interpretation but there are 12 air-forces operating over Syria, Russia is building Arctic command bases and one 300 miles near US Alaska (according to an Express article) another in the Kurile Islands in disputed Japanese territory and the whole mess in the Chinese Seas…. I say there’s plenty of grounds to consider prepping as the top priority. I am also very concerned with apparent research isolating genes that are ethnically-specific as this could be used in a biological warfare to target specific racial features… it seems that it’s becoming a possibility to construct such a thing, using vector bacteria or viruses (same as these that are genetically altered to kill cancer cells or to deliver antibiotic substances through encoding with the specific targets. It’s troublesome that many leading researchers on that field have “ended their lives” or “met accidents” once they published or announced certain findings during the last 15 years…

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/613902/Vladimir-Putin-massive-Arctic-military-base-expansion

https://www.rt.com/news/257841-russia-china-us-hegemony/

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Proteus, there is no official definition of a World War perhaps but when I use the phrase I mean when at least 2 of the 3 big guys (US – Russia – China) are fighting each other directly. Use of proxies doesn’t count. The big guys need to actually be waging war against each other. Of course numerous other countries would be dragged into the conflict either by choice, by association, or by plain bad luck due to their location or resources.

I would add that it must be in the open as well. China doing cyber hacking and maybe our doing it back doesn’t count if on the surface we continue to do business as if we are best buddies.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of MountainBiker MountainBiker.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree MB, I think China will hit us with a cyber or EMP attack and say North Korea did it.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

EUROPE: CIVIL WAR, ISLAMIC TAKE OVER, GENOCIDE (PG-13)

(I had to confirm my identity to Youtube, and return a number sent by SMS, to see it) If you’d like to see the full dimensions of what hangs over Europe these days, check this one out.

(hat tip: Richard Celata, Celata Aircraft)

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Just watched video. WOW! To see the numbers quantified is remarkable. What has been the response of the English people to this video?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This article came out today and I thought it fit into this discussion. http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/11/russia-ready-to-use-nuclear-weapons-2/

As kid the sage advice regarding fights, taunting and making threats was never to bluff. If you say something, you better be ready to do it, because if you say stuff they don’t like people will call you on it. Turned out they were right most of the time. Also found out people that give warnings usually mean what they say as well.

If Russian leaders say they will use nukes they probably mean it.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadtacer,
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The push has been for less children going back to the 60s. Driving Fear of over-population had been a staple of the leftest.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.