Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“I’m more worried about economic collapse and the rise of the Fascist state at home , than the idiot in chief pushing the button …”

Me, too, as far as that scenario goes. But something major is afoot with virtually all of Europe turning into Eurabia. My overheated imagination makes me think this, er, … takeover(?) is being coordinated at a level above the individual nations. The vast majority of domestic citizenry doesn’t welcome an occupying army of refu-jihadis, even if they did leave their heavier arms in Syria, Iraq, or Sudan. So, who is calling the shots?

My feverish little brain thinks the banksters want an eventual (and profitable) showdown war between the Islamic State, and the USA, and wonders if this is might not be the eventual way for the IS to get control of the industries which produce the arms they’d need for a world takeover attempt. After all, they have no factories: a plunder-based culture doesn’t sully its hands with physical labor — it steals what it wants, or steals enough from someone, to buy it elsewhere. The Euro-transformation is a way to steal the whole productive operation. Frankistan and Deutschistan could make some really cool weapons. However the global machinations go, the world would end up less free, and concentrated in fewer hands — the hands of those with the power to order up the kind of multinational insanity we see.

Okay, <RANT/off>

Cry, "Treason!"

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

See for yourself: (hat tip: SurvivalBlog.com)

This is an astonishing visualisation of the refugee crisis

It would be interesting to see one of these done for the USA.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Perhaps WWIII will indeed be an asymmetrical war. With a cyber war, the radioactive dust will be minimized. Though I suspect that just like the nukes, the US, China and Russia have the capabilities to cyber nuke each other, there by creating another detent based on mutual assured destruction. Can anyone say, “Welcome to the dark ages.”

Its happened before , it could happen again . When the Roman Empire collapsed in the West , Europe did not recover many of the things the Romans provided ( infrastructure , architecture , engineering , ease of movement , diet ) until as late as the 1700’s .Why did it happen ? the people{s) invading and grabbing up land didnt value the civilization . in a nut shell , if they couldn’t eat it , drink it , or screw it , they didnt care about it . The Mexicans have a word for that , cabrones . Look at all the Troglodytes invading Europe now , and from south of the border in our own country …………..what in Mexico works ? not much , thats where we are headed long term .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik & Roadracer are right. The logistics of an actual land invasion of the US, Russia, or China are near impossible in a conventional war kind of way. Cyber war is much faster and would do far more damage, especially if combined with some basic up front and personal jihadi terrorism. Nukes are too messy for anyone to truly win. Though I put my money on cyber war, I don’t discount biowar entirely. China has far more people that they need or want and if they lost a few hundred million to biowar, it would be an added bonus. Before such a thing was unleashed, there would be an vaccine that the chosen will have already received.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I don’t know the true ambitions of either China or Russia, but I believe that the US has never been in a weaker position relative to both. I can Invision scenarios where the US could be invaded successfully. Having a million man army certainty helps. A multi front war would severely tax our military and support capabilities.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

MB, don’t forget that China just lifted its 1-child/family policy this week. They’re concerned about their future population, with the aging population dying off, and not very many coming up behind them. For every two parents growing older, they’re only producing one child. That’s a population decrease machine – no famine or war needed. It may be that they can’t afford anything that takes out large numbers of even their population, otherwise why cancel the one child policy?

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

It would indeed , our military can be stretched thin pretty easily if we are not careful . We dont have the numbers they do , because we dont have the big population they do , and that we really dont need that amount they have to protect our own soil . Not to say that , it cant be compromised by using too much of it overseas . But it all goes back to logistics , they cant get it here in the amount needed to have any chance of success , without us knowing ahead of time that its leaving , you cant hide that . There is no land bridge , so the only way is by air and sea . By air is expedient , but aircraft just dont hold very much . By sea is the only way to get the bulk you need to a destination , and ships dont move very fast , we would know .Then you have an armed population that when push came to shove , would put aside their differences , long enough to repel an invader . That is the only time I think we should worry about a nuclear war happening . If any one of those three countries were to be invaded by any of the three , then I think we would see it . Even a Russia vs China war would suck us into that abyss . Its highly unlikely they would fight , but not totally out of the question either .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

The moving graphic that L Tecolote posted is frightening. My only issue with it is that it’s not a “refugee” crisis. It’s an invasion, and the majority of them are NOT refugees.

Next to that graphic, in case anyone didn’t notice it, is a story about the TB infection rate in certain parts of London being higher than Iraq and Rwanda. I wonder where that could possibly be coming from ….

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    The ports on the west coast atr filled with ships coming from China. The only thing they have to do is load them differently. Surprise Trojan horse..

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Several naval bases on the west coast , as well as marines . and AF . Love to see a Chinaman , bulked down with gear , trying to cross the Arizona desert …………… bring it on , there are a few Apache things we can do to the captives .

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Tolik Tolik.
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“Tolik & Roadracer are right. The logistics of an actual land invasion of the US, Russia, or China are near impossible in a conventional war kind of way.”

Right, MtB, but as 74 points out, they could move a lot of troops in container ships (or ones that had been rigged to look like conventionally loaded container ships, but were internally decked for soldiers.) Then there’s the possibility that (seems to me) is being carried out in Eurabia: instead of conventionally pre-positioning the materiel, then hurriedly moving in the troops to use it, pre-position the troops (as refujihadis) and let them hang out on welfare, the dole, or in dire cases, menial jobs, until the needed materiel has been rounded up, or smuggled in, and distributed, along with target assignments, e.g., substations, power lines, mass transit stations, crowded shopping malls, etc. By the time the nation’s forces could be mobilized to counter massive sabotage, the refujihadis could be kicking back at “home,” or out cutting throats, and causing general mayhem. Is that asymmetric enough?

Have we not already been thus invaded? Ah, but they’re all just peaceful workers, all of ‘em. All they want to do is mow lawns, or pick lettuce, or clean motel rooms, and vote Democrat. We know this because the Zero administration tells us so. The only thing wrong with them is: they’re missing a few documents, and we can fix that here, down at the DMV. No jihadis in that bunch! And furthermore, none in the new bunch from Sudan and Somalia — count on it …(at your peril.)

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

There is an old saying about your greatest strength also being your greatest weakness. For the Western world that is our advanced technology that runs our everyday world. A combination of cyber war and basic physical sabotage (from jihadi “refugees”), can do vast damage without ever bringing in regular military troops. After Western nations cull themselves then conventional military could be brought in. Such a scenario is far more likely to me that just lobbing nukes. It preserves the physical assets and the land for the would-be occupiers.

It is in this vein that we should all be thinking about how we would address the basics of food, heat, water, and security if the technological infrastructure were compromised or brought down.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Toilk: You make a good point about a west coast invasion. Originally from Pennsylvania. The old joke there was the Russians better not invade on the first day of deer season. I suspect besides the standing army, the resistance of a well armed citizens would be a challenge to any invading force.

Wow! I wonder if the Founding Fathers thought about that when writing the Constitution? (sarcasm)

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

LT,
    Your comments reflect my thinking, a few hundred guys could bring the grid down over night. Air liners filled with troops could land at air ports, roll-on roll offs could be filled with armor, they could preposition material in anchored ships that look like they are waiting for normal unloading. They could add the use of EMP, shoot down our communication satellites and cut the under sea cables. Right now the guys on base don’t even have guns, what are they going to to? One person with a pistol is more then they can handle on a base.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

and cut the under sea cables.

And what did we see just this past week, knowing that if the major media are reporting it, US officials have been aware of, and worried about it for much longer?

From NPR:

The Times report presents an account from unnamed military and intelligence officials that Russia’s naval activities along the known cable routes are raising concerns in the Pentagon:
    “The ultimate Russian hack on the United States could involve severing the fiber-optic cables at some of their hardest-to-access locations to halt the instant communications on which the West’s governments, economies and citizens have grown dependent.

“What worries Pentagon planners most is that the Russians appear to be looking for vulnerabilities at much greater depths, where the cables are hard to monitor and breaks are hard to find and repair.”

And from the NY Times:

In private, however, commanders and intelligence officials are far more direct. They report that from the North Sea to Northeast Asia and even in waters closer to American shores, they are monitoring significantly increased Russian activity along the known routes of the cables, which carry the lifeblood of global electronic communications and commerce.

Just last month, the Russian spy ship Yantar, equipped with two self-propelled deep-sea submersible craft, cruised slowly off the East Coast of the United States on its way to Cuba — where one major cable lands near the American naval station at Guantánamo Bay. It was monitored constantly by American spy satellites, ships and planes. Navy officials said the Yantar and the submersible vehicles it can drop off its decks have the capability to cut cables miles down in the sea.

“The level of activity,” a senior European diplomat said, “is comparable to what we saw in the Cold War.”

One NATO ally, Norway, is so concerned that it has asked its neighbors for aid in tracking Russian submarines.

“Think about it!” (Alan Stang)

GS

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.