Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

GS,
    I was thinking about Ryan earlier today …. Someone is keeping him in line for the throne.

Yes. I noticed the initial enthusiasm of Representative Jason Chaffetz – and as soon as somebody floated Ryan’s name, even though he’d already stated flatly that he did not want it, we never heard from or about Chaffetz again and he quietly withdrew. Just professional courtesy, right? {CHOKE!}

And now he doesn’t even look presentable! (Face it – some guys look good in a beard. Paul Ryan definitely isn’t one of them. He looks beyond silly. What’s he looking for – an option on a 2nd career with Men’s Wearhouse?)

https://images.menswearhouse.com/is/image/TMW/15-21153_Vera-Wang-LP_Hero_1?scl=1&qlt=91

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, the beard to me is a turn to communist. Maybe it’s the Cuban in me that anyone that grows a beard in high power are left wing. Ryan did that the minute he got the power.

I like Cruz because he has voted for what he stands for. We need someone that will do that. I do not believe Carson has the energy to take on what is facing the country right now. The left wants to take all of our constitutional right away one Amendment at a time. To me Cruz in all the debates talks about the constitution one way or another. So does Ron Paul but he is very low in the polls.

But when it comes to the economy with close to 19 Trillion dollar debt and the 100’s of Trillions in liability in debt from SS, MC and all other government agencies there is only one that has even a chance to get us out and that is Trump. Now understand that we are in so much trouble that even Trump may not be able to save us. But he is the only one in this race with the background in business to do it. He is also the only one with the right people that can help him do it.

Now I know that he is not as conservative as Cruz or Carson. But I have to say that right now we need someone to fix all this debt. The country needs the best CEO to run the largest corp in the world, the U. S. Government. Trump is the only one to do this. I believe that the Democrats and the Republicans do not like him because Trump will run the government like his companies and will try his best to cut what he sees as waste, the old parties will not want this.

I still think that Trump will have a hard time being nominated by the GOP even if the people vote for him. The GOP sees him as a poison pill that they can’t control.

The GOP see that the people are not going for any of there old politicians. Even Cruz is not liked by the GOP. But they will take Cruz over Trump any day since they believe that they can find a way to control Cruz.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I do not believe Carson has the energy to take on what is facing the country right now.

Like him or not, anybody with the stamina, patience, discipline and concentration to work continuously inside somebody’s brain for 12 hours at a time most definitely has the energy. Carson is WAY underrated as far as that category goes, simply because he talks slowly and deliberately. Do I think he’s electable? No – because the media will do to him what they did to Ron Paul, particularly in 2012. And if Carson catches on enough to at least be a potential factor at the convention, the Party will double down on him if they can’t rig the primaries sufficiently to keep him out (again, just as they did with the primaries in 2012 with Dr. Paul, such as in Clarke County, GA, and many other places across the country).

Trump fix the economy? No personal offense intended, but that’s absurd! No one can fix nearly 20 TRILLION dollars in debt. No human being really even comprehends how much that is. And there is not an economic way of doing that in most of our lifetimes, if everyone got on board and did whatever it theoretically could take to “fix” it. It’s not a matter of business smarts – it’s so far out there in terms of some absolutely crazy economic theory that we’ve had forced down our throats that it’s simply not fixable by one candidate or even remotely within any one president’s 8 year tenure with a totally cooperative Congress.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

GS is right. There is no way to pay down the federal debt. The best we can hope for is someone who stops adding to it, and even that will be a monumental undertaking given the size of the imbalance. Were the feds to abruptly balance the budget the economy would collapse given how much of the economy is driven by federal spending. People don’t tend to think about the extent to which the feds are funding State and local spending or that between Medicare, Medicaid, VA, and federal employee & retiree health care, federal money represents the majority of healthcare spending. Next year a very small bridge in my neighborhood will be replaced. That money is coming from the State which in turn gets it from the Feds. As high as our property taxes are due to school spending, it would be much higher without federal money that subsidizes special ed., school buses, the cafeteria, and so on. The “School Resource Officer” at the High School is likely funded by federal money channeled through the State. The small regional airport here locally just completed a major runway expansion and other improvements, again Federal money channeled through the State. The airport is part of the vast federal network of small airports in which the feds subsidize limited passenger service. I’m not saying this can’t be fixed, just that there aren’t any easy solutions. The imbalance is just too vast. The best we can hope for is a President that begins to turn the ship in the right direction.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

When your debt is that high ( far beyond hope of repayment ) and your currency is unbacked and worthless ………..there is actually no need to tax …….0 from 0 is still 0 .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

We will see guys but if there is anyone in the group it is Trump. He has a plan to bring it down. One is to lower the tax on more then 2 to 3 trillion dollars the corp has out of the country which would lower the debt two ways. One is the extra taxes it brings in. Two all the investments these companies will create with this money.

Then comes the Trump deals with all the unfair trade, he will change that. That is what he does best.

Will he get the 20 trillion dollars to go away NO not in eight years but he will not only stop it but will have it go down.

Trump will also create more jobs here. I am not a Trump man but I can see the problems we have and at this time we need someone that will run the country like a business. A business can’t run on loses every year and that is what we are doing.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The only one that would be as bad as Hillary , is another Bush.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

When your debt is that high ( far beyond hope of repayment ) and your currency is unbacked and worthless ………..there is actually no need to tax …….0 from 0 is still 0 .

Again, a currency backed by gold is just another shell game if the currency cannot be exchanged for physical gold. Govts will just say they have as much gold as they need to say they have. There is no basis upon which to believe they would suddenly be honest in that regard.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Update: Pentagon Stunned as thousands of Course Troops Enter ISIS War <http://yournewswire.com/pentagon-stunned-as-thousands-of-chinese-troops-enter-isis-war/&gt;
    (my apologies for one finger typing on tiny screen)

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

That link went away fast , no censorship on the internet here lol .
    Well if they are there , they are on Russia and Syria’s side , we better watch our Ps and Qs .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sometimes reports like this (ie; chinese troops) turn out to be true, but I think RT would be confirming the news if it was true.

On another note, today FOX business news is talking about SA vs Iran in a head to head shooting war soon.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Sometimes reports like this (ie; chinese troops) turn out to be true, but I think RT would be confirming the news if it was true.

On another note, today FOX business news is talking about SA vs Iran in a head to head shooting war soon.

I’ve got popcorn for that one.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    I’m with you on that, but will everyone stand back and watch? Probably not.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I certainly hope WE do! (Stand back and watch, that is – meaning the U.S.) But Whirlibird, please pass the popcorn – I’m all in for that one! (My wife said to add some bacon grease for flavor to the butter.)

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

During WW2 , we saw the end of the Battleship as a nations most important naval tool , in favor of the aircraft carrier . I speculate that in the next one , we will see the demise of the aircraft carrier , for many of the same reasons the battleship lost practical importance , it was slow , and vulnerable to air attack . Today , there are missile systems designed to take out those big lumbering ships . The Battleship saw service and was side by side with carriers in peace time , then when war broke out and progressed , they had to quickly rethink the role of the battleship , as peace time theory proved incorrect .

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.