Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Martial law? Hmmm… Need to go buy some bags of lime to keep around…. Just saying.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Martial law? Hmmm… Need to go buy some bags of lime to keep around…. Just saying.

Hygroscopic, doesn’t last, get new yearly.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Hygroscopic, doesn’t last, get new yearly.

Good looking out…

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

My initial responses are contained within the following quote [inside brackets]:

Boston was a hunt and kill affair for a couple of goat humping excrementals. [No disagreement.]
    Exigent circumstances not martial law. [No disagreement.]
    Troops were not quartered, free speech still happened. People were instructed to stay in their homes for a number of reasons, basically all safety related. [No disagreement.]
    1: No extra bodies wandering around. With a couple hundred wired and trigger happy cops running around, it’s safer to be inside. [No disagreement.]
    2: You go wandering around outside, it distracts the cops when they have to keep checking you out for their safety. Anybody on the street is a potential bad guy. [No disagreement.]
    3: Personal safety, those asshats blew up innocents at the marathon, you think you would get any consideration from them? [Not a chance. No disagreement.]
    No point getting you and your family possibly injured when you can stay inside where you can defend them. [No disagreement – IF that was all that happened.]

I am in full agreement with the above – as far as it goes. Where I begin to have a problem is with the part that wasn’t included – the Paul Harvey “rest of the story”.

I wonder how those law-abiding citizens felt after abiding by the order to stay indoors, when large contingents of SWAT (and similar) personnel were banging on their doors, hauling them outside with their hands up, forcing them away from their own homes without even being allowed to get jackets or sweaters on over their t-shirts and tank tops, and only allowed to return an hour or more later to find their homes wide open, fully searched, nothing secured or protected in any way. Once they were a block away from the safety of their own homes, surrounded by law enforcement, their protests that there was nobody else inside their homes held no weight with the home-invading LE folks, who threatened those that had the audacity to object. YouTube still has many such videos available, though some of the more egregious examples have inexplicably disappeared.

That’s the part of the Boston exercise to which I take great offense. While I don’t know for a fact, I rather doubt that an order has been issued to local and state LE agencies to start doing this kind of thing as a means of programming the citizenry for future martial law. I suspect someone would be blowing the whistle on that, given that many LE types are still honorable and decent patriots. What’s disgusting to me is that too many in LE believe this type of on-the-spot suspension of the law is acceptable and that they have the authority (legal and moral) to do so.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Aim for the 9.

A couple here will get that.

Indeed (on both counts) ….

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hey, you found it.
    Went looking for it, couldn’t find it.
    Went so far as to revisit the ‘source’, login still worked amazingly.
    No one there essentially in a year.

Will save it this time.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Considering boston bombing was a false flag i wont post all the clues about it if you dont look it up on your own you wont believe the lies told. There was NO reason at all for the orders stay inside. So whenever a shooting occurs everyone needs to stop and cower in homes and offices so cops who are

1: No extra bodies wandering around. With a couple hundred wired and trigger happy cops running around, it’s safer to be inside.

2: You go wandering around outside, it distracts the cops when they have to keep checking you out for their safety. Anybody on the street is a potential bad guy.

REALLY Been in a war zone had lots of civilians interspersed through out, never shot one even through the fog of war but cops hey why not shoot everyone cant tell the difference huh? guy with gun shooting at you BAD people carrying gun potential threat not all in one lump shoot them all and let god sort them attitude. Did civilians die yes stay side work for some but you can live life under the couch.

Not enough training? Not enough equipment? or just dont care? You think the bomb thing was hooked up by non serving cops with prior military demo experience? This is why the other tact they will take on the two choice option that will be presented in no for more gun control then cops nee more military gear watch and see.

This is what gun grabbers will use cops cant tell difference between people with open carry and people meant to do you harm so no guns for anyone so we can keep you safe… yeah 20 mins til they killed sniper in dallas? 30 + in most cases would you wait for 30 mins or like in every case where shooter was stopped mid or early was a citizen taking care of business.

I get you are always on cops side, and some time they are unfairly branded like from black lives matter more cops and white have been killed than blacks so what are you protesting over should try to stop the black on black killings which are into the 2000+ already not the measly 126 by cops like anything fix problem with biggest gain first.

The other thing is cops dont speak out about false flag narratives, and you have to know some of it is just a plain set up. If you go along and dont say anything and know, you are guilty as rest of them.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Went looking for it, couldn’t find it.

Didn’t find it on the old site (I’m blocked from entry by somebody anyway). Found multiple versions of it using the far more secure Startpage search engine (NOT Google), using the search terms [UN helmet target], and searched “Images.” I of course chose the applicable one from the original source, as noted. ;-)

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

False flag or not it’s not smart to be out wandering where the cops are hunting.

And considering they were after someone or multiples in civvies, again not smart.

As to the always on the cops side, that’s not always so. I will roast and go after them also, but like when I’m discussing anything else, I want evidence not opinion or emotion.
    No interpretation, no narrative, I’ll make up my own mind based on evidence.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-police-gear-exclusive-idUSKCN1012KW

Okay, against my better judgement, I’ll bite.

So what gear is the police allowed to have? Not?
    And how much are we the taxpayers supposed to eat, considering the price of safety gear?

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

So to use the Deathlands model, how much gear should sec men have? Well …. Enough to enforce the law but not enough to become a private army.
    Terminator robots – no
    C4 plastic explosives -no
    RPG – no
    Grens – no
    Incidental weapons of mass surveillance – no. He’s a cop not a spy.
    The same as what a citizen could have if he decided to so equip himself – yes.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Add to that no attack helicopter, Mwraps, tanks apc, heavy weapons, sniper systems that are for 1100 plus yard cops never need that. Drones that can circle the globe with super high res and other alternate optic systems for surveillance. body armor lvl 5 only for swat use. no armor piercing rounds except swat. No electronic warfare items.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Our SO guys had to call in a neighboring bomb squad when a local nutcase threatened to blow himself and others up.
    They were preparing to blow the wall to gain entry, using det cord and some plastique when our dispatcher was able to talk him out, after some 4 hours on the phone with him.
    They were literally stacked and thumb on the button.

He had already fired on officers, the threat of a kaboom was there. An MRAP would have been nice. Absolutely necessary?? Meh.

Most of the 1033 stuff ain’t what you’d expect.
    We’d like to have a copter here, for a variety of reasons, the most important is that we do SAR not only in WY but UT. We are the primary responders for a huge area. And we even have a pilot already. And the 1033 program is the only way we’d ever be able to get one regardless of need thanks to the economy.

Most .MIL stuff isn’t suited for LE work, but some is highly useful. And most of that stuff is available commercially to anyone in one flavor or another.
    It’s just the cost of the commercial products that keep most places in need.

Which is more fiscally responsible, a “free” MRAP or a Bearcat @$250000?
    Both are paid for with taxpayer dollars, one is already paid for though.

Having worked in the business, and having paid for most of my gear personally, I can say it was nice when we got some “free” stuff so we didn’t ruin our own stuff in training let alone duty.

We agree about most of your list, which might surprise you. There are a few items we won’t, because I’m looking at it from the Officer and public safety direction.

This comes in part from listening to audio recordings of officers under fire screaming for the “Bearcat”.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.