Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Freedom, I can’t blame people for acquiring weapons while they still can (and confiscation “laws” aren’t the only way the supply could be suddenly contracted.) But in a civil war (citizens vs. cops, or blacks vs. whites, or in whatever form a domestic shooting war could be structured) we’d all be vulnerable. Commander Zero would have accomplished the job the money masters set him up to do — drag the USA down to a level where it can be treated like any other screwed-over banana republic — maybe invaded, or at least, ripped off in a way it can’t be … yet. And he wouldn’t need to care whether the current fedgov “wins,” or loses. He would have succeeded in knocking us down to where he thinks we belong.

Any semi-prosperous nation hasn’t yet been stripped as thoroughly as it could be. As bad as the management of publicly owned systems may be — utilities, dams, roads, ports airports, water supply systems, for example — they’re still under some form of popularly-controlled management. Imagine if they were suddenly “privatized” (pirate-ized). Imagine how double, or triple your water/sewer/trash/electricity/gas bill might affect your life. Are there connected people licking their chops, waiting for their chance to buy such monopolies from bankrupt agencies suddenly forced to spend more on defense than on operations? What do you think?

And how much easier a target for foreign military action would we be, if we were at war internally? Having enough well-informed, armed, and trained Citizens (as in the constitutional militia of the several States) that our enemies, foreign and domestic, wouldn’t dare try (as the USA once had) would be best. Prepping to survive a national downfall as disconnected free-lancers against the whole rest of the world is a sad second best, but it beats doing nothing.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

LT, Here in Florida the electricity/gas are private. FPL is a private company but it has some controls by the Florida government because all the land and lines are part of the government own lands.

But even if they were to go total private the problem is that if there price were to go to high people would go to solar or use much less. It is the same as all markets including Walmart which when it has there prices go up they sale much less and there stocks go down so they have to find a way to keep there prices down. The market always works. People will always find another way if the prices go to high. Also technology changes like the cellphone which killed the cost of national cost and the internet killed almost all the cost of country to country calls. The cost is way down.

On the water/sewer/trash we do not know right now but many businesses use private companies for there trash because it is cheaper. I see that the mail is going that way too. Amazon is now delivering almost all the product. Amazon has purchased there own trucks so even UPS and FedEx are having problems. U. S. Mail is dying. Everything that the government controls can be done for less by private companies.

I believe the best thing is to let private companies be free to go into all businesses, the more the better and prices will go down.

Remember when AT and T had a monopoly on calls and how high the cost was.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://offgridsurvival.com/majorcivilunrest-blmpantherschaos/

coming to a street near you

We have a solution here ……

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

and those are such more tasty, has anyone ever tried 10 year old oxen steak? I have tickets to http://meatopia.co.uk/# to go try a carnivore delight… if it hold together till then.

i have same problem whirl, are those yours? Closest neighbor has 2000 head, guy down the road has 500 more all only cattle guard at fence lines.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

And now we know yet another “accessory” available in a martial law environment. Read the details, don’t just watch the video – they’re chilling. The C4 didn’t even destroy the robot, yet blew a hole in the wall, and the fragments were what turned cop killer into hamburger meat. I have zero problem with the end result, but the implications from the method, going forward, are, shall we say, “substantial.”

http://ktla.com/2016/07/12/how-police-used-robot-to-take-out-dallas-sniper-in-unprecedented-way/

We are to believe that the police just happened to have that robot stuck away, gathering dust in some closet somewhere other than the site of the killings, and some cop just happened to get a bright idea, and they just happened to have C4 available somewhere else, and all that was brought together in “15-20 minutes” from scratch? I like this police chief from what I’ve seen of him so far, but I’m sorry – I just ain’t buyin’ the story we’re being fed. How’d they transport the robot, make sure it was properly powered up and equipped for this mission, get it on line so its handlers could monitor it and receive video and other data as it moved in behind a wall immediately opposite the killer, locate the killer and align the robot immediately on the other side of the same wall, all without his knowledge, and detonate a quickly prepared (likely shaped) charge that blasted the wall without killing the robot in the process? I’m not EOD or otherwise explosives trained, so it’s quite likely that there are things I don’t know. But there are too many elements here that just don’t fit an “out of the clear blue,” 15-20 minute start-to-finish, first-time-ever (supposedly) method of taking out a bad guy in a civilian setting. If the Dallas Police really did all that in just that kind of scenario and time frame, my hat is even more off to them than it already is. Just call me skeptical, awaiting further education if somebody knows more about this than I do.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m fully satisfied with the end result in Dallas. What concerns me greatly is that the equipment and capabilities of federal, state, and local law enforcement have far outstripped the level of trust I have in them to ethically use that equipment and those capabilities.

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

The question of eventual martial law remains to be answered — the fedgov keeps aiming at a federalized police force. We haven’t heard all the echoes of this event yet. But it is the beginning of robotic law enforcement. I don’t doubt that as a major American city, Dallas (PD) had obtained a robot or the purpose of remote detonation of suspected bombs — all too likely these days. They would’ve kept its LiPO4 battery on a maintenance charger, whether or not it was being routinely dusted. It may even have been housed in one of the SWAT vans they either rolled when the shooting began, or possibly had on site as a precaution.

I’d hope that such robots are versatile enough platforms, that they may be equipped with capture/disabling devices as well as shaped charges and firearms. In a hostage situation, the potential danger to hostage(s), may render the one-blast-kills-all solution too politically risky to be useful.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

” there are too many elements here that just don’t fit an “out of the clear blue,” 15-20 minute start-to-finish, first-time-ever (supposedly) method of taking out a bad guy in a civilian setting” GS

I found it interesting that the DPD had a pound of C4 and detonators. But not really surprising. This is not the first time police have used explosives. Don’t you remember in Philly, Move?? “In 1985, another standoff ended when a police helicopter dropped two bombs on their compound, which was a row house in the middle of Osage Avenue. This killed eleven MOVE members, including Africa and five children. Fire destroyed 65 houses”

“Mayor Wilson Goode made a formal public apology.[26] No one from the city government was charged criminally. The only surviving adult MOVE member, Ramona Africa, was charged and incarcerated on riot and conspiracy charges” End of Story.

These protests are setting up the situation where police will not shoot at protesters no matter what they do. Then like in the Egyptian arab spring the rioters can burn down buildings and kill people as the police watch. They will arrest you though for killing a protester in defense of your life. Bet on it.

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“{L}ike in the Egyptian arab spring the rioters can burn down buildings and kill people as the police watch.” — 74

Yeah, like in Ferguson and Baltimore. Some animals have always been more equal than others, but which is which is subject to (hope and) change.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Egypt, Tunisia, Ferguson, Baltimore. Those were pilot programs testing the methodology.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

and those are such more tasty, has anyone ever tried 10 year old oxen steak? I have tickets to http://meatopia.co.uk/# to go try a carnivore delight… if it hold together till then.

i have same problem whirl, are those yours? Closest neighbor has 2000 head, guy down the road has 500 more all only cattle guard at fence lines.

Mine, no.
    Gave up on those years ago thanks to a lightning strike.
    And with the price of land around here, it’s not likely to happen either.

Just a ‘roadblock’ I ran into one day.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

YES 74 the only differences is that we have the 2nd Amendment, thank God.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Tec, my issue is not that I’m particularly surprised that they had it all, my issue is the story we were given about how it was decided upon and deployed. The DPD Chief (who I’m not going to criticize at all, particularly after what he and his people just went through and accomplished), explained the use of the explosive in a way that stretches credibility to the extreme. It was severely downplayed, and presented as just a lucky stream of consciousness by a few officers that hatched a plan out of almost thin air, and presented it to him just as soon as he got done with his press briefing, at which time he merely said, “Sounds good – DO IT!” And it was put together from scratch in short order. I don’t buy that at all.

What seems clear is exactly what you suggested in your post – that they had the robot, had many very detailed scenarios in which they could deploy it, and had the equipment and training available and ready to carry out the various missions in which they could use it. I was thinking almost exactly what you said, that “it is the beginning of robotic law enforcement.” I would add, “rather sophisticated” robotic law enforcement. To this point, we’ve only seen robots used to go check out crime scenes for bombs, surveillance, etc. – passive aids TO law enforcement. But now they’ve gone to the point of actively employing rather high tech equipment, tactics, and training, for the direct enforcement of the law, including to the point of lethality. They’ve reached a level of sophistication and capability that I fear may too often exceed their ethical strengths (i.e. how and when to use it). Everybody saw Waco on TV, and hopefully most were horrified, both by the actions and by the implications. Nobody saw (except perhaps a camera operator, and the subsequent cleanup crew) what was done in Dallas. We’ve now seen the dawn of a whole new era. It reminds me of the scene in “2001: A Space Odyssey,” in which the first ape was figuring out that he could use the large bone as a weapon. The subsequent results were devastating in more ways than one, and largely because the apes had no conscience or ethical boundaries. The learning curve moved vertically rather rapidly. It was all, “I want what I want when I want it, and I’ll kill anything in my path that stands in my way.” We’re now at another major move “forward” in methods and capability, with likely similar implications.

The Dallas shooter was well trained, both in the military (through training as well as two Afghanistan tours) and through personally sought training at a school in Texas, learning exactly the tactics he very successfully used the other night. Yet we still see who “won” in the end. He was no match for their technology. We will likely again see the equivalent of another Janet Reno in the future – and look at what all is now at their disposal. Dallas wasn’t the sudden, unexpected brainchild of a handful of resourceful Dallas PD officers in the heat of the moment, as the public was essentially told. Now we know what some of the operational capabilities are, and it’s likely still the tip of the iceberg.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The robots may have worked this time but in the future we may see the terrorist shoot at the robot. Are they bullet proof? How many .223 or .308 can it take?

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

One can say from a point of view. Lynch is a demonstration. No one can oppose the maximum leader.
    Bill Clinton has a meeting with Lynch, then she was threatened, bought, given marching orders. Whatever. It was a public demonstration of power.

There’s a DVD. Hitler On Trial. The prosecutor lawyer goes to the concentration camp where he is tortured and dies. What would happen to Lynch?

We appear to have a Weimar congress who can’t ask the right questions.

“{L}ike in the Egyptian arab spring the rioters can burn down buildings and kill people as the police watch.” — 74

Yeah, like in Ferguson and Baltimore. Some animals have always been more equal than others, but which is which is subject to (hope and) change.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.