Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of oldfatguy
    oldfatguy
    Survivalist
    member2

Understood–but gasoline has a “shelf life”. After 30 days, it starts becoming less and less volatile. Over time, it becomes like varnish, and nothing will restore it to a useful form. Sure, they’ll get some, but if you’re far from a major city, and not on the main highway, their unfamiliarity with your neck of the woods will cause them to hit only what’s easy. Eventually, they’ll run out of fuel.

oldfatguy
    Survivalist
    member2

It’s also possible we’ll see various factions of government going to war against one another. There are honorable patriots in most government offices including municipal and state police agencies as well as Sheriff’s departments. I’m convinced that we will have many moles within their crooked organizations, and have a very good chance of prevailing.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Lets not forget the honorable patriots that are now discharged from the military , they are put on the DHS domestic terrorist list for a reason . The government fears them , they are trained , many have seen combat first hand , they know the weaknesses of US equipment and how to exploit it , and they can train civilian rebels .

Profile photo of ronym
    ronym
    Survivalist
    member5

i like the idea of bug in the city,because leaving city means leaving 90% of my belonging.

but considering this era as “nuclear” warfare, even the best bunker are not solving our problem. especially after the nuclear blast ( get out from bunker and rebuilding ). not because of some gang waiting for us or foreign troop will shoot us. but because of nuclear radiation. we can die no matter how we are prepare ( except we have somekind of BOV or suit that capable to shield us from nuclear radiation ).

99,99% of us are never experiencing it, that why nuclear disaster  are not “real” for us. the only human ever “experiencing” it are the survivor of nagasaki and hirosyima. so better to look and listen to their story about it ( we can search it in youtube )

so… forget about roaring gang, foreign troop or even our “jealous” neighbour. doesn’t matter who is the first that pull the “trigger”, few minutes after the first strike, all of city are “toast” and flat to the ground. Thank’s to the automatic trigger or predetermined policy ( if they dare to strike us with nuke… then we do )

Profile photo of Vadim
    Vadim
    Survivalist
    member3

oldfatguy wrote:
    Understood–

What you do, do quickly

Profile photo of ronym
    ronym
    Survivalist
    member5

it’s sound like fairytale isn’t it ?

but the truth is… it’s biblical proportion disaster

the fact is, this “story” is in all of holy book in all religion ( Christianity, Jew, Islam, etc ). Even in the Hindu we have that kind of story with plenty of “actor” and their character the title is “Mahabharata”. how we know that this is nuclear warfare ?. because of the description of the Sri Khrisna weapon that have power of the sun that can kill 1.000.000 soldier just by one blast.

not only all holy book are telling us how scary the nuclear blast, but the amazing thing is, what are the sign of it ( the event before it happened, the description about what era when it is happened ) and the post strike. as if it is a kind of film script.

is there any hope for us ?

of course … God also tell us how we deal with it ( if we believe it ).

but the hardest part is, the only strategy that God tell us are not how we prepare to deal with it ( stocking food, building ship / bunker / whatever ), but rather… how we run from it

from our ( moslem ) brother, we get the detail about it. when God telling us about the story about 7 man with 1 dog that run from the city because of Pagan Ruler that thretening their faith ( and their life ). so they run and hide in the cave which is located in the hill / mountain. The name of the story are “ashabul kahfi”. even in the Al Quran there is surah ( chapter ) about it… Al Kahfi

so from this story, God telling us that the best preparedness we must do are making our own community ( symbolize by 7 man ) in rural area ( symbolize by cave in hill ) that far from city or in the wilderness.

so when the roaring gang is attacking us, we can run for the hill ( with only our bug out bag ) and “when the dust are settle” we can back to our “home”. That still there and with most of equipment we need to live a live. remember… the criminal gang most of the time only take what they need and leaving… the only our stuff they take are food ( especially ready eat food ), jewelery, gas, car and few tool they can carry. but most of our belonging are untouch. yup, they anticipated for our strike back, so they are leaving in hurry.

the case are different if our bug out are in the city ( bug in ), the chance are 90% of our stuff ( which is in the ground up ) are flat to the ground or toast. the remaining 10% are untouch if we have bunker. Although we have bunker, most of electronic are damage by EMP strike ( except if we have EMP shield ), food+water are useless because of radiation ( except if we have anti radiation case that we can carry around )

remember… the nuclear blast can reach area with radius 50 kilometers, where in 5 km from nuclear blast everything are toast ( living thing are instantly vapourizing ), 5-10 km are medium damage but the radiation still can kill us or make us sick forever. and the next 10-50 km the radiation level still can make us sick for the rest of our life and our next unborn child ( thank’s to genetics mutation from nuclear radiation )

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Guys and gals…

One of the things that I used to like to do was “wargame” in my mind what an enemy would do. This goes to “Know Thy Enemy”. Meaning – “What would you do if you were the Bad Guy?” or alternately, “If you can think of it, then so can the Bad Guys”. Do not make the mistake of playing “Chess”. You need to start learning how to play “Go”. This means “stop thinking tactically and think strategically”. Make them play by your rules, not the other way around. And try to think several moves ahead – this goes way beyond having a Plan B.

Most folks are happy to think that they will just hunker in the bunker, let everything blow over and then emerge – blinking in the light of a new day. Yeah. Keep on thinking this way, and you will get dead.

The problem is that when you are thinking defensively, then you are reacting to their initiative. You are letting them define the battle space. If you continue to think like that, you will lose and get very dead. Probably horribly so.

We know that Bad Guys will do their best to infiltrate our digs, kills the defenders, rape whomever is left, take what they want and burn everything else to the ground. Well, what are we gonna do about that?

Think proactively. Do not settle for a “crust” defense like you’re playing a game of Risk. Think defense in depth. Multiple layers with multiple fall-back positions. Moreover, you have to define the battle space. You need to take the initiative and act decisively and with overwhelming violence of action. I’m not talking beating them. I’m not even talking about whupping them (which is several steps beyond an ass-whuppin), I’m talking about hurting them so badly you break them for all time and so demoralize them that they NEVER want to eff with you and your tribe ever again. Yes, this even includes harassing them in any way possible before they get to your digs pre-emptivly.

In the words of Sean Connery in The Untouchables: “What are you prepared to do?”

Like Ferfal recounting stories of the Bad Guys sniping defenders and then raping, pillaging, burning, etc, we have to out-think the Bad Guys. They like sniping, do they? Fine. Clear out brush and trees and leave them someplace to hide on purpose. Then booby trap that with whatever you have – binary explosives mixed with ball bearings or whatever you have handy – old rusty nails and screws, shards of broken glass, even rocks. A fougasse or flame fougasse, whatever you can think of. Deploy hunter/killer teams – counter-snipers and flankers whose sole purpose is to harass and eliminate anybody with a scoped rifle.

Remember Vlad The Impaler? Vlad knew the question “What are you prepared to do?” really well.

Vlad, despite his bad reputation (though well-deserved), singlehandedly saved Christendom. If I remember right, the Turks were on the march, intending to invade Europe and either convert everyone in it, or kill them. Their route of march took them straight through Vlad’s digs. Vlad knew they were coming and appealed for help in holding them off. The petty princes were so absorbed in their own squabbles they pretty much ignored Vlad. Europe was wholly unprepared for this invasion. So, Vlad used the Nuclear Option of his day – a Low Orbital Ion Cannon of terror and intimidation.

He took thousands of captured Turks and stuck them on long, pointy poles, right up their hindquarters – and left them to shriek and die slow. The Turk army arrived at the frontier to see a literal forest of their countrymen impaled and treated so cruelly, that against orders they turned around and went home, certain they were facing the Lightbringer Himself…

There is a reason why our ancestors flayed the flesh from their enemies’ bones and put them on display.. as a psychological deterrent, it worked. I’m not advocating this, as I am very certain there are levels of barbarism we are not prepared to descend into. I merely use it to illustrate that the Bad Guys have no compunction against killing you, raping what’s left, taking your stuff and then reducing you and your home to ashes. That’s pretty barbaric. The only thing these modern-day Huns understand is force – who has it, who has more than them and who is prepared to use it freely. Black Jack Pershing had his soldiers dip their bullets in pig blood before going engaging the Moros. He also let it be known that any Moro (who were Muslims) who was killed would be buried drenched in pig blood and wrapped in pigskins. Any Moro captured would be shot with tainted bullets, then buried as described above. HUGE psychological weapon.

I’m not saying I’m a badass. I’m saying I know what I might be called on to do to protect me and mine, and I am prepared to do what I have to – use any and all weapons at my disposal, physical as well as psychological.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Malgus, this is not a commentary on you, yourself…..it’s just very sad for me to say you are correct. The hard question then becomes for us all, those of faith, ‘What are you prepared to do?’ THAT is the hardest part my friend…all the rest follows, yes?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

One small problem with the gas, federal jails are not in the cities! When the criminals are all let out they will not need gas to get to the farmland because they are right next to the farmlands. Then there is the government people which will have gas and weapons that know that the food in were the farms are all located. So yes there will be hell all over the place.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Very good Malgus.

I often say that having the big storage of food and good shelter, especially in urban settings gonna delay maybe moment when you need to go out, but you will need to go out one day, simply because you need to stay connected with that new world outside.

Picture of guy who “severed” all connections with new bad world outside is simply not realistic, you need to stay “tuned” with what is going outside.

I read that comments and topics about “bad guys lurking in the tree lines , waiting to snipe our guys, and rape women”.

Yea, if you consider your BOL as a peaceful base completely not “tuned” in what is going on around you.
    How about using some scouts in wood, outposts, traps, guards, fences etc.
    It simply can not be peaceful movie scene at your BOL while everywhere around you world is falling apart.
    Actually it make sense for your guys to have snipers on watch, if situation asks for that.

As for the question “what you are prepared to do?” lot of you will see that you can do lot of things when it comes to the defend of your family.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

twee,

Look, I understand. Think of it this way: Your life is the greatest gift to you bestowed upon you by the Creator of All Things. To not defend that life using any and all means, to the last breath, would be an insult.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Malgus,  actually I have still the grand debate with myself…is the gift of life the greatest gift from whomever runs the world….or is it the gift of free will?  But then I believe my soul is eternal n my body of course…not. And I do believe I have lived other lives on earth. But that is my personal belief.

Of course I would defend my life and that of my fam/friends.

But I know I would have hesitation n probably die because of it, in engaging in complete barbarism.

I think your overall point however in creating a proacyive defense, and multi layered is correcy. I regret that I have no military or othrr training to help me develop a solid plan I have any confidence in..so do/try best I can from what I learn from others. Trying to pull others in my own group n community group together enough to Focus on concrete overall defense strategies (other than collecting a bunch of guns) is like herding cats…often devolving into, ‘but what if’s’ of endless speculation.

Frustrating  n  slow progress.

I can say that , my community group of friends has no delusions that just because we r in the country we arr immune/safe by any means.  We do see/know the challenges. Luckily the countryside is foreign to many peeps, scares/makes many nervous!  So one tiny thing in our favor. We were studying topo map today trying to determine how we could use opening the spillways on our various ponds could add a delaying barrier layer in our tiny area. Interesting calculating in acre ft of water. Also  experimenting making/using quicksand in a few possible places. But maybe we need some sharp sturdy poles and Vlad morals/thinking…it’d save a lot of this other planning work probably.

Sorry on damn tablet…painfully slow PiA keyboard

oldfatguy
    Survivalist
    member2

Maybe not. Impaling a corpse wouldn’t be so barbaric, and the advantage is that there won’t be any “deathbed” communication with friends about the numbers of people he encountered, or what weapons he saw. A dead body on a pike will tell a clear enough story to those passing by…

Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

oldfg,
    He did not say impale a corpse. He said impale captured enemies so their shrieks would instill terror in the hearts of their fellow raiders.  Not sure I could do that but who knows what any of us will do when we are faced with a barbarous enemy who will stop at nothing short of their own annihilation, which we should be prepared to deliver to them.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

If I believe that the golden rule of my faith is ‘Do unto others as you would have them do unto you’….something I have so ingrained in me now for years….could I impale a living person or even a corpse on a pole like Vlad? In all honesty I do not think so….I’d be dead by then from my dithering and fear by that point. Pictures of Jesus carrying his own cross and being barbarically nailed to it alive, when I have no doubt he could have easily avoided this, would no doubt be on the big screen of my brain.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 249 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.