Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a question that many ask and some will say oh God will take care of me when the SHTF, well God wants us to prepare and in this article on Prepared Christian ask the same question with answers.

http://preparedchristian.net/is-preparedness-a-sin-take-two/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PreparedChristian+%28Prepared+Christian%29#.VCsERFeGcdA

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’ve long thought that those who do nothing in terms of bettering their situation and just say “God will provide” either don’t know what to do to better their situation or are too lazy to do so.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

God gave us brains. He also revealed the coming disaster in the days of Joseph (Old Testament) and expected him to do something about it. God DID provide the seven years of plenty (which I think we’re in) to prepare for the seven years of dire famine. No, you can’t prepare for every eventuality, God must help us there, but prepping for the future is only good sense.

Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

God gave us life and with that came the responsibility for caring for it as it is a treasure beyond measure. Therefore, we have a responsibility to prepare as best as we are able to protect our family and neighbors should a disaster occur, which all of us here know it will. I pray we can escape the collapse though I work daily to prepare for it.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Preparedness is not a sin , we are just doing what people did normally before all the modern things were around , that we all enjoy , and take for granted . However , there are some that take it too far , they become obsessed with doom and worry , about the what if’s . Thats when it is a bad thing , balance is the key . I once heard a doctor tell somebody ” be careful about depression , it can be seductive ” . At the time I heard that , I thought that was the most bizarre thing to tell a patient . Later as years went by , it made sense , he was right , he was trying to tell that patient , that he needed to keep a balance and enjoy life , no matter what problems are current in their lives . Find something positive to enjoy . Same holds true for us . Doing this can be taken too far , and your mentality can change for the worse . My grandmother told me ” Dont take life too seriously , or you will miss out on half of it ” . The words coming from a person that lived through the great depression . Yes I dated myself , but I hope it helps somebody .

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Am reminded of the joke about the man on his roof during a flood. Turns down a small boat, rescue boat, and helicopter. Each time saying that “God will save me.” When he dies he asks God why he didn’t save him, and God said “I sent two boats and helicopter, what more did you want?” God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things, but God will not make anyone do anything against their free will.

God can place the seed…the seed of thought…the encouragement towards action…but again, God will not make anyone do anything against their free will.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

LOL Tweva. I was thinking of the same joke while reading through the comments. People often do not realize how badly they want to live until they almost die. It is sad that it takes such a jolt to wake some people up. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes matt76, I pray everyday for God to guide me, to help me to prepare for what ever comes my way. I also will be praying just like the ones that have not prepared but I will be as ready as I can be.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.