Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled,
    I’m with you on this, I don’t encourage anyone breaking any laws, My first comment was frivolous.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Glad you posted that !!!!!
    Apparently that judge has the same idea about them as a lot of people do . That and the fact that it can be used as a tool for criminals , making their job of scoping out a place that much easier . The fact that a shotgun was used to down it , means that it was flying very low over the guys house .They are getting to be a problem . There have already been several near misses with civil / commercial aviation , police and emergency service helicopters . They are a new toy , expect new laws and regulations coming down the pike for them , as their misuse continues . Like a lot of things , its the irresponsible jackass that ruins it for everybody . I would like to see their ceiling reduced to a 100 ft. max . , out of the way of most air traffic , and well in range of civil firearms >;)

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks for the input folks. It will certainly be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I’m not concerned with the knucklehead with drones. Though they are a pain in the butt. I’m concerned with the .gov drones the size of a hummingbird.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Friend was asking about drones Wednesday.

Seems another local (customer) was asking about shooting them down also.
    What appeared to be a drone followed them home, ten miles at 50+mph, and then hovered around the rural home for an hour.

Our local SO doesn’t have this tech, but the drug task force……
    Makes me wonder what they’re being looked at for.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I wonder what the range is on those things ? , he should shoot at it . People dont do that unless they have ill intent . If it happens again , he needs to have some friends on call , then shoot at it if its over his home , then follow it back to the operator , if it gets hit , stay hid , and wait for the operator to show up . OR shoot it down and destroy it someplace off property , When the operator shows up , act like you never saw the drone , you dont know what he is talking about . If he presses the issue , he will have to explain to the Sheriff WHY he was following the guy and what he was doing , he may not want to do that . Stick to your guns , I dont know what your talking about . I wonder how long it will take before somebody makes a ” Red Baron ” drone , for knocking out other drones ? Like the guys that do kite fighting ( fun to watch , by the way ) or RC airplane fights .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Problem is, if it’s that sophisticated that it followed them for 10 miles, it’s not a toy. Someone with money, reason, power, and apparently ill-intent (assuming the surveilee really isn’t into some bad stuff), is behind it. And they most likely have the kind that doesn’t just store their video on board, but transmits it back home. So whoever shoots it down is likely on camera (unless the surveilee works with someone to shoot it down from 90° away, while Mr. Drone is looking at Mr. Surveilee, and doesn’t see Mr. Shotgun. Personally, I’d love to do a laser attack on something like that, if I (1) had a laser powerful enough and of whatever right frequency could do the job, and (2) know for sure that a laser COULD take out the camera. But still, the laser would have to come from the vicinity of the surveilee, and Mr. Drone would have already sent back sufficient video of who was there prior to getting its “eyes” fried. Still, perhaps Mr. Surveilee could lure Mr. Drone into an area where a properly hidden Mr. Laser was able to take proper aim, and the video would ONLY show a bright green or red laser several feet away from Mr. Surveilee, not from Mr. Surveilee himself. SGT Schultz deniability maintained: “I know NOTHING!” (for the younger crowd or non-US Forum members, SGT Schultz was a bumbling WWII German POW camp guard in a TV comedy many years ago called “Hogan’s Heroes” – you’d have to have seen it to understand, complete with accent)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.