Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

So look at what the IRS has been up to these days, seizing bank accounts of innocent Americans and small American companies.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/crime-money-IRS-seizure/2014/10/25/id/603098/?ns_mail_uid=38634206&ns_mail_job=1592324_10272014&s=al&dkt_nbr=8cbxi66u

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

And this sort of thing is precisely why I keep very little money in banks.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I do the same Pheonix, just enough to pay the bills.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t understand why this issue hasn’t made its way to the Supreme Court by now. There is no way it can be constitutional.

As for the SAR’s that banks must submit, the process is unyielding. There is no discretion allowed on the part of the bank, at least for non-too-big-to-fail banks. Some of the big boys got caught a couple years back knowingly laundering money for the drug cartels and they got a slap on the wrist is all. If small banks did that they’d lose their charter. I am on the board of a small bank and each month the President is required to inform us if the bank has filed any SAR’s. Sometimes he knows that the transaction is completely legit but he has no choice in the matter and the SAR gets filed. The Feds never tell the bank what they do with any given SAR.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.