Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Like most of you I was not happy that the President and his cronies signed a lousy deal with Iran over it’s nuclear program. Now I just read at the National Review that the deal is not signed and was never meant to be signed. This was revealed in a letter from the State Department to Rep. Lee Zeldin (R N.Y.)

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!

It is nothing more than a pile of paper. It is called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action. The whole thing is a sham.

I’ve always resisted the premise that Obama was deliberately trying to destroy this country. You can now take me off that list.

And where is our vaunted media asking some hard questions???

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer, I have been off the list for along time. O is a joke! But so are the old GOP politicians. This is why we see Trump and Cruz on top of all polls. We the people are tired of this. I do not know what will happen if Trump or Cruz become president but I know for a fact that the two parties do not like them period. So I like that.

So back to the Iran deal. There was never a deal. The real deal was O wanting Iran to have an open door to build the the nuclear weapon. Look at what O did with Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. Also how O hates Israel.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Without a link, I went searching for this story, and initially had a hard time finding it. But find it I did. Wow! One minor (insignificant) point of clarification – apparently (unless there is more than one letter). The letter was from the State Department to Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS), dated 19 Nov 2015, not to Rep. Zeldin:

Page 1 of letter

Page 2 of letter

The full article is at:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/11/what-manner-of-deal-is-this.php

And the National Review article that originally referenced it is at:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428718/obamas-fake-legacy

The problem with the National Review article is that the link to the letter is now non-existent (at least at the time of this post, after multiple attempts to access the linked site). But (if it stays up), you can at least see it in the links above. Personally, I’ve made a file copy of the .pdf document itself for the future, since “things” (and sometimes actual people) just seem to have a habit of disappearing (in the media, or the cloud, or Arkansas, or the world, just as examples).

Thanks for the heads up, Roadracer!

Signing off from my increasingly favorite radio station, WTFO. (“O” stands for “over,” as commonly used at the end of a radio transmission).

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Trump has said that he will take any deal made with another country , to a level they didnt think possible before signing anything . I can believe that .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I can believe that too. But my concern is that once he’s up against some other egomaniac with a finger on his own button, all hell could literally be unleashed. Two men (or women) with grandiose self worth, in serious competition with each other, is not a situation ripe with world safety. And Trump would not be the only world leader with an ego far exceeding its basis in reality.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Trump has said that he will take any deal made with another country , to a level they didnt think possible before signing anything . I can believe that .

Well its official. Hell has frozen over. My Massachusetts bred liberal wife who just a few months ago bristled at the mere mention of Trump now thinks he’s OK on account he’s the only one who isn’t going along with all the political correctness crap which she thinks has gone too far and which she is sick to death of. She agrees with his stance on Muslim immigration. I’m thinking he has more liberals supporting him than are willing to publicly admit such. She is not a Hillary fan.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It was a Tremendous Deal for Iran. They got their 150 million and don’t have to do anything. Of course it was always the plan to free up the money.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

MountainBiker, this one’s for your wife. ;)

GS

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Of course it was always the plan to free up the money.

Don’t need no signatures if you were gonna give it all back to ‘em anyway. Now they can afford to sponsor some REALLY big “events.”

[One missile + one bomb + 250 miles straight above Iowa = the only EMP they’d ever need.]

GS

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Maybe the Iranians are waiting for Hussein to send them an invitation.

Cry, "Treason!"

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Maybe the Iranians are waiting for Hussein to send them an invitation.

Well now! That would surely extend his term in office, wouldn’t it? Even better (for him only) if it happened while he was vacationing, on our dime, in Hawaii. :(

GS

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Another thing the pundits dont like about Trump , is the fact that he is not like that mentally ill japanese soldier , still fighting WW2 in 1974 , when it comes to Russia , they are afraid that Trump and Putin will actually have meaningful dialog , and perhaps actually make some positive agreements .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, I am seeing this too, many liberals are on Trumps side and also see the independent vote going Trumps way.

Tolik, People do not understand that the Russian people want the same as the American people which is peace. No one will win a nuclear war period. Putin knows this so he likes what he is hearing from Trump. Putin believes Trump will bring more good deals for Russia.

Also Putin is on the same page when it comes to Muslims.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Putin believes Trump will bring more good deals for Russia. Also Putin is on the same page when it comes to Muslims.

IF Trump becomes President (and as much as he leaves a very bad taste for me at least, I’d still vote for him over Billary or Bernie), that is certainly a positive supposition. They’d certainly feel each other out, and there could be some potentially tense moments at times, but I don’t think it would take long before a sort of mutual respect would develop between the two. I don’t TRUST either one of them, unfortunately, so I’m not ready to speculate on just how well the outcome of that relationship would go, but there are at least possibilities.

And if Trump is truly as committed to our veterans as he claims to be, perhaps he will abandon the war-based economy we’ve been running on for so long. While WWII was probably inevitable, we’ve been running on war since then regardless. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and other previously big manufacturing centers have been dubbed the “rust belt” for a reason. Perhaps – just perhaps – he could lead the nation into productivity again, even though that would be a new concept for at least two generations now.

Wow! Don’t get me TOO tempted to support Trump in the primary – though depending on who’s still left by then, I may have to hold my nose BEFORE November and just vote for the guy. At least he’d take that unsigned nuclear deal, make multiple copies of it, and hopefully propel each of them into an equally large number of different places where the sun don’t shine, following which he’d deliver it to the other side along with a horse head on somebody’s bed. No one else in the crop of “candidates” seems even remotely capable of showing strength. The last President to really show strength, in my opinion, was Reagan – both internationally, as well as domestically, such as when he fired all striking air traffic controllers. Personally, that broke my heart because I knew a number of them, and the conditions under which they worked. But it was most likely the RIGHT thing to do at the time – gutsy, but right. There was no question that “Ronnie” didn’t mess around. No president since has exhibited that degree of courage – and resolve.

GS

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Well Trump being a business man , contracts and deals are something he understands better than the rest of them . Putin would not be able to pull a fast one on him . Everybody we have had before , has walked away butt hurt . I dont trust him either , and he bothers me on several issues …………however , he is our best hope this time around . There is a BIG difference between WW2 and the crap afterward , Germany and Japan were our equals , if not our BETTERS is some respects , victory was not a guarantee , even with all the alliances , even in the last year of the war , Germany was dangerous . We have not won a war after 1945 , much less declared a war . Not that I wish misery on the Russian people , but in my opinion , I think its too bad the Soviet Union collapsed . The reason being , that they kept us in check , and it was much more black and white , who was the ‘good guy ‘ and who was the ‘bad guy ‘ . Now , Russia is looking more and more , in the right on some issues as time goes on . Whats wrong with that picture ? I do agree with Putin on the issue , that a return to a bi-polar world power base works better , thats why he is not going to roll over . I do have to chuckle when Trump put that drip Jeb Bush in his place , with the fact that he has over 30% , while he only has 3 . Facts dont lie . Just looking at Bush , you know he is a puppet .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.