Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/18/apple-will-no-longer-unlock-iphones-for-law-enforcement-with-or-without-a-warrant/

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/26/police-chief-calls-apple-the-phone-of-choice-for-the-pedophile/

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/25/fbi-director-says-apple-and-googles-new-privacy-standards-could-help-criminals/

Users choosing to update their Apple devices to iOS 8 will now have all of their data automatically encrypted, meaning it will only be viewable with the device owner’s corresponding Apple password.

Even if agencies were to obtain the data from Apple, they would be locked out via the new auto-encryption. Such encryption does not apply to users who haven’t downloaded the update, nor does it cover users’ iCloud backup and storage accounts.

“Unlike our competitors, Apple cannot bypass your passcode and therefore cannot access this data,” Apple wrote in the “Government Information Requests” portion of its new privacy policy. “So it’s not technically feasible for us to respond to government warrants for the extraction of this data from devices in their possession running iOS 8.”

I hate my IPhone but may have to revise my opinion of it.
    hmm.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I hope you are right on this one. If so this would be a problem for the NSA, FBI and CIA.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Don’t know the cost of one of these but if you are worried about privacy it seems like a good option.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/06/exclusive-a-review-of-the-blackphone-the-android-for-the-paranoid/

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

here is another one

http://offpocket.com/

There is no privacy , I have a friend that puts his phone in the microwave while he is talking about certain things , dont know if that works or not ( no , you dont turn it on . )
    Google is one of the worst privacy offenders , Apple went to hell after Steve Jobs died , now they are just like all the rest . I dont trust them , because all corporations are corrupt , and will roll over in some way . I think this is just a public relations campaign .

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I love my I Phone. With apps it even tells me which road has got a traffic jam. Very cool Knots app No idea why someone would like to know what my mother is having for dinner… But will upgrade anyway. Thanks

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

There is only one safe way dont say anything other than meet me. talk away from all electronic devices including things like tv, computers and any appliance can beep. beep is use of a pizo crystal which is base of micro phone it can go both ways, power lines are able to transmit signal to any “smart” appliance.

yeah it is paranoid, but if you give anyone enough data on you they can edit it to look like anything they want,not like they have not auto revised tv shows that where saved or cloud books on kindle. They save it all just in case… in case of what ask yourself?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree with namelus, just don’t talk to much of anything that you do not want them to know. Use the phone for the family thing only.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

That’s my understanding Whirilibird. Encryption. I’m liking my iPhone 6.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

CHester encryption till when, it hits the cell tower? the uplink? the keyhole download? you think alphabet soup guys with super computer cant beat an encryption made on a handheld sent and decoded by handheld without delay? that is like saying the encryption/ cypher i made in grade 6 is uncrackable. if they record it all then have all the time in world to take it apart.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I gave up a normal cell phone a few years ago. Just keep an old flip I have to add minutes to for emergencies. No one has the number – heck I don’t remember it. Part of my trying to live now more like I expect things to be in the future as much as possible….while still enjoying today. Don’t miss the thing at all. Cut out a lot of usefless, time consuming ‘chatter’ in my life.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Sure the alphabet gents can beat the encryption.
    But they won’t be able to do it with a warrant.
    Your rank and file cop wont be able to dig fthrough your texts, downloads and such and perhaps even better, your friendly identity theif won’t be able to get your data off the phone if you lose it.

What stays on the phone, not the cloud is about as private as anything can be today, the way I read tjis.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of Vadim
    Vadim
    Survivalist
    member3

Happy Happy, Joy Joy…

“Massa, Massa, would ya’ll let us use da laws ya’ll gave us ta sue ya’ll? “

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.