Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wpick
    wpick
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Walter, 59, Arizona, US

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I guess I’ve ben into wilderness survival since I was in the Army in 1977. When I got out, I became interested in medical training, got first aid and joined a local Wilderness SAR group. I went back into the Army in 88 to get more medical training, where I was a medic in ODS/DS. I got out in 2000 as a Pratical Nurse. I got back into Wilderness SAR and that lead to deploying to New Orleans twice for Katrina and to New York for Superstorm Sandy.
    I’ve had my own experiences in personal SHTF when I couldn’t find a job for a year and recently when I severly sprained my ankle recently

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

It’s the urban survival scenario that is interesting to me. In New Orleans and New York, we were not near the epic center of the violence, or it had already passed. A scenario is on deployment to a disaster and our base of operations is overrun and I’m separated from my team members. The scenarios I’m preparing for is what I’ve been through: out of a job or unable to work. My preps were weak for the first and they are improving. Now the area’s University Basketball team is going to be in the NCAA tournament and that has created some “interesting” situations in the past.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

I live alone. My parents are still alive but old and live less than 5 miles away. I’m building up my food supplies, and gaining some skills. I just purchased my first shotgun and rifle, so I need to get my butt to the range ASAP. My philosophy is to lay low

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“Life is hard”

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

LIfe is like a collections of memories. And memories are like star light, they go on forever!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here Walter!

Profile photo of wpick
    wpick
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Thank you Everyone!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Walter

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Walter. You have an interesting background and I hope to see some posts in the future. Ron S

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.