Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmarie
    dmarie
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

dmarie, 53, Central Florida.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

We started getting educated in 2007 on the Great Depression because my husbands Real Estate Firm started to crash, there was a credit freeze that never hit the press and our youngest was diagnosed with cancer. We knew something was very wrong and started buying books to educate us on the Banking system, etc.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

We believe, based upon numerous books that a financial collapse is coming. When Glass Steagal law was repealed by Clinton that was the actual start of America’s financial demise. The Banking act of 1933 was also repealed.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

The basic necessities of life, such as; food, water, security, self defense. I do not believe that the world will become like mad max. I have researched other financial collapses and the confusion and chaos is usually 1 month. It is also unworkable to try and accumulate four years of food, which is how long the worst of the Great Depression lasted. My focus is on growing food and learning what plants survive and produce better than others.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

Yes. My all time favorite quote is this: Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb. Sir Winston Churchill

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Love to family and friends, I’ll be back.
    : )

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Deb!

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Great to have you here, Deb!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Deb

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.