Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

It appears that people here like Ferguson and Baltimore are just as apt to forget that a person is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Even cops. Like it or not.

Looking at Baltimore, just this AM another prisoner in the transport van says he heard the “victim” thrashing and bashing around as if to hurt himself.
    This will not make him popular with the general public, but what if he’s right and telling the truth because its the right thing to do?

The public, media and community leaders are all quick to jump in before all the facts are in. What if the coroners report matches the witness statement?
    That means 6 innocent cops.
    And a whole lot of people who are not going to apologize. And a city that’s been torn asunder for no good reason.

Having my own tush saved by video cameras before when a prisoner decided to try and beat his own head in, while in the holding cell. Imagine if there was no video of him alone in the cell doing this? Or the booking photo with him fine?

Things may not be perfect, but all this hate and venom being spewed so viciously doesn’t do any of us any good. In the case of cops, it makes a difficult job even more so.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I heard this and, after that load of bull with Mike Brown in Ferguson, have no problem believing that the officers are innocent. Of course, we must wait for all of the evidence to be brought forth.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Good reminder Whirli on process. Human nature is such that we all like to jump to conclusions. Less thinking is required that way. Regretfully the people in Baltimore aren’t going to be interested in hearing any facts. I heard on the radio today that the family wants a fair process that evaluates all the evidence ….and convicts the officers of murder.

There was also some thing new that has come out today that the police just learned of another stop in the transporting of that guy, a stop that hadn’t been disclosed previously but that a video has documented.

I would not want to be a cop today in the current atmosphere. I have a just turned 22 year old niece who was sworn in as a Sheriff’s Deputy last autumn. It’s what she wanted to do. She’s a very calm and exceptionally bright young woman. She had a free ride to Auburn offered to her but she turned it down to go to the local community college and be a criminal justice major because she wanted to be a cop.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think that to successfully fix a problem, it’s a requirement to acknowledge the problem. Pretending that the problem doesn’t exist only exacerbates the issue. Nobody thinks every cop is a crook or a shlub, but lets face it there are problems that need attention.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Hard to get your day in court if your shot or beaten to death by those that are supposed to place you in the first step of that processes . Just Sayin

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Cops guilty. Unreported stop. Concealing evidence is a …. Criminal offense.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Cops guilty. Unreported stop. Concealing evidence is a …. Criminal offense.

unreported stop, for what becomes the question.
    Did the driver have to pee?
    Did he stop at another scene to say he was full?

Its not always concealing, often its just reports not getting done immediately.
    Different divisions, different report logs., different time frames.

Unlike small town cops, where you catch em, you clean em.
    The cities like this often have transport vans so the officers can remain on the street as long as possible. They are able to either do the report in the car or back at the station, while the prisoner is assigned a booking number and preliminary charges and transported to the holding facility.
    The transport officer has limted information, and as such their reports are generally more like logs.
    Suspect X picked up at Y, at Z hours, beginning mileage and ending mileage.
    And unless something happens, that’s often as detailed as it gets.
    Notes such as got stuck in traffic on the bay bridge are made. Pee stops may or may not get mentioned.
    Because its a log it may not get filed for days, being left in the car or the transport officers files.
    And that’s because all of this is radio logged.

Again, innocent until proven guilty.
    Wait for the evidence to come out.

Look what’s already hit several conservative sites, a potentially false report about a prior back injury from a car crash. We don’t know yet either way.

Wait for the facts then make an informed decision.
    Or like Al Sharpton, just open your mouth and spew and prove what people already suspect.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

If I was attorney general, Sharpton would be imprisoned.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

If I was attorney general, Sharpton would be imprisoned.

You have my vote.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Heck, if laws were applied equally to the politically privileged, Sharpton would already be in jail for tax evasion. He owes millions and the IRS seems to be taking little to no action to collect the money.

I heard an interesting statistic on the news this morning. It said that there are 860,000 cops in the US, local, state, & federal. Assuming that number is reasonably in the ballpark, then it wouldn’t take but a very small % of corrupt or out of control cops to keep the headlines full of the latest abuse.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Active duty LE only runs right around 800k if not a little less.

The last county I worked in, if we called everyone who lived there, PD, SO, Fish and Game, State Troopers, would have been 14 total, with an additional 3 reserves who lived in other counties.

Other places have hundreds or thousands of officers on duty per shift.

Putting those numbers in perspective, you get a different view of the situation.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is why we need video cameras in all police vans, cars and on all police officers. This will end the problem.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Whirli, your comment had me look up our Sheriff’s Dept. Excluding the one large town of 16,000 that has its own police force, the Sheriff’s Dept that serves the rest of the remaining 45,000 people in the county has a total staff of 40 including the Sheriff and specialized officers. Not sure if that is a lot or not, but I was surprised to see that along with their specific rank was the direct email address for each individual.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

http://rt.com/usa/254913-gray-autopsy-state-attorney/

guilty

Unreported stop …. your thoughts on this are wrong whirl how could it be unknown if they stopped at another crime scene because they would have had to radio them to do so. unless cops ow have a radio implant. if they called on cell they have call record. this is available immediately

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Homicide. All 6 officers charged. Individually or in a group i’m not sure, but they deserve it. The ME has ruled. The police union will take care of them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.