Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Every once in a blue moon FEMA comes up with some good information. This link will take you to a story of a family and their experience with a F5 tornado that wiped Moore, Oklahoma off the face of the world.
    Being prepared also works in cases such as this.
    Robin

http://www.community.fema.gov/connect.ti/AmericasPrepareathon/view?objectId=219027

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I like those personal story approaches to teaching people. Makes it real.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Robin, this is another great reason on how to get family members that do not like to save food or water. It can get them to prepare for a week supply which is a start.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

For those of you that have been trying to figure out how to meet other like-minded folks, September 30th and ‘America’s Preparathon’ is a great opportunity for you. You just need to take a bit of initiative, and organize something around that day no matter how small. It could simply be handing out the little folded brochure you can download from the site somewhere – set up a card table outside a friendly small business? Think along those lines.

Our community trails group has hooked up with our little local fire department in the village and the church in the tiny hamlet just to our north. We have started giving our the flyer at every Saturday pancake breakfast and Sunday in the church (each of our group printed a number out on our own equipment at home). Included is a list of activities and assistance that is available to our neighbors from now until then. For example, the fire department will come out if you ask and check your place for fire hazards and your show you what brush may be needed to be cleared to help safeguard your home if a forest fire happens n your area (we have them and field fires a lot). We have about 1000 plastic milk jugs (empty) that we have gotten the community to help collect and give them out with new caps to anyone that calls (one of us will drop them at your house or even help frail or elderly to fill and store them). The church food pantry is offering delivery of a free day’s supply of food for a family of up to 4 for those who call to help some get started. (We had a canned food drive last month). The videos the govt has made available will be shown in both places the weekend before on big screen TV’s- and have kid and family activities scheduled for a few hours.

We’ve been meeting some interesting people and gained a few handfuls of new people of like mind into our group as a result; and, it’s helped us get to know more people with skills we weren’t aware of in our little area – and with equipment that would come in handy in an emergency situation here.

Something to think about. Enjoy the weekend.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

tweva, can you come live in my town? We need folks like you!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker I have first call on tweva, but she will not come my way since she left Florida for higher grown. Remember she believe a lot that nature will hit us all. Ocean or water is a problem for her and she maybe right.

I think tweva is a great asset to her group and they may not even know it like we do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.