Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Add to this the strongly rumored ban on gold imports. Sumpin’s up big time in India. And as this article says, the drop in gold may not be due to Trump at all – but due to the expected ban on gold importation to India. Don’tcha just love it when governments try to micromanage and control everything?!? Kind of reminds me of the lower scale control being attempted in North Dakota, where the government is trying to convince people that they actually have the protestors health and welfare as their top priority, by banning protests after 5 December – because living conditions out there are not up to “government” standards. Like the American Indians haven’t had centuries of practice living in that area, under exactly those conditions, in the most sub-standard/inadequate of housing and conditions in the entire nation, generally. LOL!

Governments know all things! It’s about money and power, regardless of the issue, when government starts exerting control on human beings as general policy. India’s getting downright scary.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Considering the amount of gold and silver used as jewelry/dowry in India, I ain’t buying it.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

It sounds to me like hundreds if not thousands of public officials have decided thuggery is in their best interest. Perhaps they have finally realized India is a sewer trap of environmental poison with no place to go except up the food chain. Their ground water is horribly contaminated. Their industry is a mess. If I were an Indian I would run for Canada America Europe with as much cash as I could lay my greedy hands on. Which is why the US should reimpose very strict immigration controls. Under Trump hopefully the era of the Free Lunch is over. Right now NYC is 14% Asian with 20% of the population 8 1/2 million on food stamps. Thank you Bill O’reilly for asking that all important question…. Can nations and city states that become welfare dependencies be saved? Have the democrats already doomed the US, intentionally and with political malice to the great collapse. Bohica.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Considering the amount of gold and silver used as jewelry/dowry in India, I ain’t buying it.

Who knows? But certainly better minds than mine seem to be considering it as a real concern. There are many stories, very recently, about this – and it has helped move the gold market – DOWN.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/potential-gold-import-ban-by-india-could-be-biggest-bombshell-since-nixon-2016-11-22

Great buying opportunity for both gold and silver, in my opinion. But what do I know?

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Can nations and city states that become welfare dependencies be saved? Have the democrats already doomed the US, intentionally and with political malice to the great collapse. Bohica.

Two words: Cloward and Piven.

Bohica indeed – except for the “again” part. This time it will dwarf any previous such experiences.

GS

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Indian citizens are NOT armed , and the lefties lost the US election here . Just Sayin

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Considering the Indian women I’ve seen , a father would have to PAY somebody to take her off his hands . I could go farther with that , but I wont . Lets just say I’ve seen prettier things emptying the litter box .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The jewelry/dowry is such a part of the culture at all levels, I can’t see it happening.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Huge amounts of gold are held in temple treasuries in India. I don’t see them giving it up to the govt. Gold is an obsession with the upper-caste Indians. Gold jewelry is more desirable than money. I’m not sure this is a true article, and even if it is, most of the wealthy people there will be hiding their stashes. The poor are already so poor it doesn’t matter to them.

OK, clue me in. Why will the price of gold drop merely because India is not importing it???

And about the beauty of Indian women. If you had been to India, you would have seen many beautiful women and girls. Also very graceful. However, most do not age well especially if from the lower castes. Old and haggard by their 40s. And the rich upper-caste ones get way too heavy–fat is another sign of wealth in a society where most of the people are scrawny, poor and perpetually hungry.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

OK, clue me in. Why will the price of gold drop merely because India is not importing it???

Wildartist, I don’t claim to understand the (il)logic of the rumored policy, and frankly have not chosen to take the time to research it enough to find out. I really only care about the outcome. But as far as your question is concerned, it’s a simple matter of supply and demand, I believe. If India (where gold is a HUGE consumer item among other uses) decides to ban imports, then the “demand” worldwide goes down, and therefore the supply goes up, hence lower prices. I was a bit surprised by the estimate of as much as a $200/oz drop in price, but the concept is still basic economics. Lower demand for the product means the mines will have a harder time selling it, and the price goes down. Then they cut back on production, and at these prices, some mines will shut down (some already have, or have been bought up).

Like all markets, they are subject to manipulation by nothing more than news stories – fake, speculative, or solid. And this story seems to have been gaining traction – despite the fact that there’s no proof that it’s really going to happen.

GS

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

What choice …. The lady or the tiger.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I dont get that either , why would the gold price drop if India stops importing it ? The demand will not have changed . In fact , it might go up if countries like China and Russia pull up the slack India leaves , and they might . Both countries have been buying a lot of gold lately .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

At certain times of the year, particularly, people in India purchase very large amounts of gold. Apparently it’s a phenomenon we here in our part of the world don’t quite “get.” Regardless of whether we understand or not, it’s a fact of life over there. So imagine if a big customer stops shopping at a particular specialty market in town. Suddenly the shop keeper isn’t selling as much merchandise. Just because the one customer stopped shopping there doesn’t mean the other customers are going to buy up the former customer’s share of products – they have been buying what they want all along, and their own needs would not have changed. So, the shop keeper has to put his merchandise at least temporarily on sale to clear out inventory that isn’t moving. True, Russia, China, etc., might then take advantage of the sale if they’re smart, but at least temporarily the price of gold goes down when the Indian share stops being purchased. Apparently that’s what’s expected to happen IF India bans imports, thereby disallowing its citizens the opportunity to satisfy their huge gold appetite. Time will tell….

GS

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

LOL! No sooner did I finish the above and go on to check news this morning, and I run across THIS article:

First India, Now Rumors Circulate About China Curbing Gold Imports

Want to guess how gold finished yesterday, or better yet, how it’s been doing since July? How about $1365 on 8 July and $1159 yesterday – over $200 drop in five months. And don’t think the skyrocketing of the $US is responsible for all that. Gold is down markedly in ALL currencies over the same period.

But of course we can easily understand that drop in the price of gold. It’s all because the world is so stable, manufacturing and consumption are all up nicely, there are no wars to speak of, no rumors of wars, just peace, freedom, and stability. So of course gold is down. [sarc/OFF]

Boys and girls, the letter for today is the letter “M.” Can anyone think of a word beginning with the letter “M?” Oh, very good Johnny – that’s TWO words! “Market Manipulation.”

For me, the word of the day might seem to be “BUY!” (If I could afford the stuff…. But then there’s always junk silver. Silver’s down 17% in that same 5-month period.)

GS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.