Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

This seems a bit weird. It’s common for appointed officials to submit letters of resignation at the end of an administration, as a courtesy to the incoming president. He can then determine what to do with the person in the position.

But when it’s the commander of the D.C. National Guard, and he’s got a KEY role in security this Friday, it would seem very curious that the current president would accept the resignation, making it official at the very moment the new president is being sworn in. Has anyone seen the videos of the trucks lined up on both sides of the highway, filled with sand, concrete, etc., as part of the security for Friday? The level of security is unprecedented, from what I can tell. Yet right at the moment that Donald J. Trump is being sworn in as the President and Commander in Chief, the man in charge of much of the security – including air security – suddenly loses the authority to command the troops entrusted with that duty. The gummint says Trump’s people wanted the resignation to stand. But the transition team says that’s not true – they wanted him to remain at least for a few days after the inauguration. One might not be criticized too much for asking why the commander would be relieved of duty JUST at the moment of power change, and a brand new acting Guard commander – who hasn’t even taken the oath of office yet – will step into place. Even the “new math” didn’t look this bad: 1+1 ≠ 2. Watch the video in addition to reading the story. It might be incomplete and/or poor reporting of details, but as reported it just gives a very uneasy feeling.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/commanding-general-of-dc-national-guard-to-be-removed-from-post/2017/01/13/725a0438-d99e-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html

The Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and has an integral part in overseeing the inauguration said Friday that he will be removed from command effective at 12:01 p.m. Jan. 20, just as Donald Trump is sworn in as president.

Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s departure will come in the middle of the presidential ceremony — classified as a national special security event — and while thousands of his troops are deployed to help protect the nation’s capital during an inauguration he has spent months helping to plan.

“The timing is extremely unusual,” Schwartz said in an interview Friday morning, confirming a memo announcing his ouster that was obtained by The Washington Post.
    . . .
    Military officials and Trump transition officials provided contradictory versions of the decision to replace Schwartz. As is customary for presidential appointees, the general submitted a letter of resignation to give the new administration a clean start.

Two military officials with knowledge of the situation said the Trump team decided to accept the resignation. A person close to the transition said transition officials wanted to keep Schwartz in the job for continuity, but the Army pushed to replace him.
    . . .
    Army Maj. Jamie Davis, a spokesman at the Defense Department, said … that the interim commander “is ready to assume complete mission” and handle the inauguration.

As “they” say these days, “Wuzup widat?!?”

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, Wuzup is that they are all part of the O team and Trump team doesn’t trust them. I personally agree with Trump on this.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

same plan as always pinky……

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

With reference to the very ending of the video, having knowledge and being ABLE to meaningfully use it are two different things. The closing line in “3 Days of the Condor” really says it all: “How do you know they’ll print it?”

Indeed. Then how does anyone get that knowledge out broadly and sufficiently enough in order to create that power? The propaganda machine has been honed very, very well. And the people have “learned.”

(Anyone that hasn’t seen “3 Days of the Condor” is missing a truly prophetic movie. With Redford, no less – who’d have thunk it!. Regardless, it’s brilliant, and just as relevant today as it was over 40 years ago. That closing line is the deeply chilling conclusion to the movie, and has proven accurate time, after time, after time.)

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Defcon 2. Skip the 5 fiction. Oh those planes circling. Lol always be ready.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Skip the 5 fiction.

???

GS

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

1,000,000 supporters of The Donald. 700,000 protestors. 100,000 cops. 200,000 bikers providing a wall of meat for Trump. What could go wrong.

Is that the smell of burning tires. No It’s the maiden revolution in the Ukraine. Maybe. Putin did observe the tactics are similar.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well my wife and daughter are leaving Miami to Washington Thursday night. Wife is going because her job is paying for it and the daughter is going with mom. They voted for Trump so they are looking forward to this but I have told them to be on the lookout at all times. I will be home with my son. My wise is one strong woman, She is all the time talking about how tired she is of the liberal cry babies in her job. So I need all of your prayers for them.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Oh freedom. I hope it works out for them. It will be interesting to say the least.
    As Drudge put it. The media are bitter about their loss.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Follow up .. The women’s march on Washington is Saturday after the inauguration. About 110 women are chartering two buses to go from my local area. Hopefully the tear gas will still be around when these snowflakes arrive. College students just want a have fun.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

The demon who sits on my shoulder, and whispers my ear, opines that all the D-reps who won’t attend the inaugural ceremonies were warned to stay away, in the hope that they’d be the only elected remnant of government left to conduct fedbiz after whatever goes off, goes off.

Naahh! — the Deep State wouldn’t do that, would they?

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Deep state will probably do what Deep thought tells it to do. This chessboard is really big. Lol.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

My guess, those come from the bikers.

Poor placement if activists, too much risk of loss, as happened.

Secondly, poor tactics. Half a dozen of our favorite comrades cocktail and you’re not stopping the crowd.

As to the dem members, there ain’t a one who could keep their trap shut and be in on any of it.

Anything happens, best bet is a splinter cell or cell of one. Little to no organization behind it. Strictly because the ones making the most noise don’t have the stones to act, let alone get caught as part of something.

Sharpy, screwy Louie F, and the rest know that the sword of Damocles is hanging over them, and if they did something other than shoot off their mouths, they would be destroyed not arrested. The Feds and SS have been putting in countless hours of overtime because of the nature of the situation.
    But they’re not the danger to the race baiters, it will be the Trump supporters that would make the ‘boss’ resemble Mussolini.

Second, even those idiots understand the excrement storm that would follow.
    The backlash against the liberals would be epic. Their followers,that’s another thing.

36 hours until we find out.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

It speaks volumes that we even have to think in these terms.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.