Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/24/iowa-realtor-receives-gang-related-threat-violence/32303499/

Not like its arizona or some other hole.

Time to set up an ambush for these punks.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    I suspect Des Moines is a rathole. Many,many small US cities have been overrun by populations from south of the border.We havebeen invaded.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

When I left the area 25 years ago there really wasn’t a bad area of Des Moines.
    Even ten years ago, during my last visit, its not like it was Denver or such.
    We went to a bbq joint in the “hood” where we were probably the first white people to eat there.
    As friendly and genial as could be.

Screwy.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Nothing is like it used to be. PItting one group against another has become the order of the day, and we now have almost two full generations since that time 25 years ago that have learned you can’t trust anybody that doesn’t look like you, sound like you, have the same tastes in clothing/music/religion/whatever, like you. Divide and conquer – the order of the day. Or as Karl said 167 years ago, “In short, the Communists everywhere support every revolutionary movement against the existing social and political order of things. … They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions.”

And that is the bottom line.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is happening in all the big cities including South Florida. Not easy to be a Realtor or to sell your house anymore.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

It is hard to understand why anyone would single out a specific realtor to threaten in this manner. What purpose could it possibly serve? Telling her ahead of time doesn’t make any sense either. Maybe it was a competitor and not a gang member?

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

The cops cant help her , they are too busy abusing the Constitutional rights of LAW ABIDING citizens , the feds wont help her because she is an American citizen , and not black , illegal or muslim .
    Its a shame , but goes back to the fact that we are responsible for our own safety , which is why the 2nd amendment is so important .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Is there any subject where you don’t rant against the police?

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Crank calls are so much fun. We got one from a guy threatening to shut off our electric. Someone was going to come by with legal papers for us to sign blah blah. It’s probably someone she knows using a voice changer. Or evil family trying to do psyche torture. Or a competitor in the same company, an older woman jealous of her success.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Is there any subject where you don’t rant against the police?

Is there any subject where you don’t come to their defense when somebody calls them out on their actions ?

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Whirlibird, one might wonder if an administrator from another internet forum altogether is masquerading here under yet another of his many IDs. A basic principle of human behavior is that some attention, no matter how negative, is preferable to being entirely ignored. These were the kids that stood at the freshly painted wall with a crayon, just waiting for mommy or daddy to see them before actually coloring on the wall. Trolls go elsewhere when attention is not forthcoming. They don’t learn that they get more (and better quality) attention by participating in socially acceptable and cooperative ways.

In your case, it does not matter that you’ve been very vocal at times when acknowledging and denouncing police corruption. It’s all about the paragraph above.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Even though I am not a fan of LEO profession in general nor have I really had any decent interactions with law enforcement to any great degree, I have noticed that the cops I deal with locally HAVE become more cordial over the last year.

I wonder if the public opinion of them has caused those that ARE concerned about the crap going on nation wide to modify their behavior/demeanor a bit. Even the cops I have dealt with over the last 16 – 17 months as a bouncer are being less heavy handed from what I have seen. Although, I do seem them handle people that need body slammed to nicely at times. I hope it doesn’t end up like that one detective that had his pistol taken and where he got molly wopped.

I feel that Law Enforcement has overstepped the initial intent of Peace Keepers, but still these guys don’t need to be smacked around if they are being professional and polite.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS,
    Tolik just has his own issues to deal with, it nothing more then that. I know it’s hard sometimes but ignoring inflamitory comments usually keeps the peace. Not that I think everything should just slide either, I have my own pointy stick to use when I’m feeling crusty.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Saint,
    I am more than certain that Tolik isn’t that person.

Tolik and I actually agree on things more than not, except where Russia and Putin are concerned, outside the obvious LE issues.

My proof? Tolik has said things so supportive of Putin and Russia it would have been laughable for mark to have even tried to ‘say’. He would have blown a gasket just trying to get it out.

Anyways, still wondering what happened back there to let stuff like this happen.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Whirlibird,

First, thanks for the clarification. I’m glad to know they couldn’t be one and the same. And thus, my apology to Tolik for a potential slight that he probably didn’t even get, since it was more than a bit of an inside non-joke to a few of us that remember other people, other times, in other places. As for what happened, there were three administrators – one noted above. The primary one became unable to continue, and the other has been very tied up in a lot of other things and largely out of the net for some time. And the first one held the greatest technical knowledge of the system – thus, essentially all of the cards. It was just “circumstances.” When the person with the master keys to the castle decides to take it over as his own, there is little that can be done – no criticism at all directed from here at the other two key-holders.

But that’s an outside issue, and probably inappropriate for further discussion here. I’m just glad to know we don’t have cross-over to here from there – huge relief.

And I’m glad to know that there are other areas of agreement – I agree, that would not be possible had it been the same individual. So regardless of whether Tolik understands much of this conversation, my apology to him for any unintended slight. But I do still try (unsuccessfully at times myself) to not feed the trolls. I guess I’m just still very worn out by that old experience, and perhaps over-react to anything that even looks like it here. This is a good place.

I still feel badly about the near-miss we had in early May. Woulda been nice!

Again: Tolik, peace. My sincere apology for any offense. (But ease up on Whirlibird. He really is one of the good guys.)

GS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.