Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Great article, we all need to read it. It shows how easy they can potentially cripple US utilities. A cyber attack can take the grid down and 80 to 90 percent of the population will die after 30 to 60 days.

http://news.yahoo.com/cyberwar-erupts-americas-electric-grid-prime-target-150319790.html

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

yep, same in the UK too, if say an EMP fried all the transformers and relays in the power grid I read somewhere that it takes about 5 months to make a new one and it would take a minimum of 2 years to replace them all even if we had enough engineers to do the work, can you image the sheeple if the power was off for 2 years!!! everything is controlled by electricity these days from elevators and tills and automatic doors to trains, and just how many of the population has back up systems if the power goes out-very few I think.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

In think the Western world can survive just about anything, except the grid being brought down by an emp. It would be a civilization changer for sure. It is my greatest fear.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mtb,
    The grid has to be the #1 target of any serious attack to the US terrorist might go for something like bombing something for show, but a hostile nation with war planners are going to go for infrastructure. Our military is supported by our infrastructure. Power, fuel, transportation, etc.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>In think the Western world can survive just about anything, except the grid being brought down by an emp. It would be a civilization changer for sure. It is my greatest fear.

it would be civilisation changer for most for , both wife and I have lived without electricity, its not a biggie its just a matter of adapting to the new situation, althought I think this might be a step too far for most of the population.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

A step too far? That’s a bit of an understatement I’m afraid. The modern sheeple isn’t capable of even imagining the idea that the power grid might go down. The moment their cell phones stop working, and they don’t have running water, they will beyond panic. The carnage at grocery stores will be of Biblical proportions.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>WhiteKnight wrote:</div>A step too far? That’s a bit of an understatement I’m afraid. The modern sheeple isn’t capable of even imagining the idea that the power grid might go down. The moment their cell phones stop working, and they don’t have running water, they will beyond panic. The carnage at grocery stores will be of Biblical proportions.

yes, I agree with that, however with out running water and food deliveries I don’t think they will last long, 30 days maybe 60 days at the outside.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well just think about no heat for the winter in 99.999% of urban homes. The cities will burn just from people trying to stay warm with a fire then acidentally set whole buildings on fire, if the mobs don’t do it first.

WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

… I hadn’t thought of that, 74. Good point.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

yep, very few people in the UK have alternative forms of cooking, heating and lighting should the power grid go down even if for a short while. some have log burners which are becoming trendy but its still low in numbers and whilst that’s maybe ok for heating most are not suitable for cooking on and what about light? no body seems to own a torch(flashlight) these days, when I was a kid everyone had at least one.

British Survivalist.

WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Here flashlights are commonplace. However, whether or not the sheeple in question has batteries for it is another question…

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I see the biggest problem is the nuclear power plants melting down and with time all the water, ground, rain water, air, will have radiation that will cover all the U. S. and slowly cover all the oceans which will kill all the humans and animals of the world. Some of us will live an extra 2 to 10 years but all would die of radiation.

That is the problem the 100’s of nuclear power plants melting down.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

I thought they just shut down in an emergency?? sort of “dead mans handle” sort of thing.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well now that’s a hapoy thought, lol :)

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Lonewolf, it’s the spent rods in storage that could pose problems because they are still hot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.