Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

I know that I have already introduced myself but have only been here a few days and didn’t know where else to post this. Two days ago a fun post by Matt76 was”Let’s have some fun” and everyone was suppose to post pics of what they thought that people on this site looked like. Great idea and a lot of fun. I unfortunately had a few beers and posted a pic of myself and asked why everyone was afraid of who they were. No disrespect to anyone here. I got up the next day and regretted posting that pic and was told by Whirlibird that “We are just being careful” and I understand that but I also want to commend Whirlibird for his post (What can a handgun do against an army) Mike Vanderboegh (I hope I’m spelling that correctly) wrote this piece years ago and if you read Whirlibirds post you got to read the updated version which I hope everyone reads. The point is I just posted the same pic as my Avatar. I am not suggesting that anyone do the same but after reading “What can a hand gun do against an army” I have realized that I don’t care what the enemy thinks they know! We need leaders in this campaign and the time for talking is in my opinion over. We are at that time were those of us that are aware need to be spreading the word as much as we can. I find everyday that people want to be part of this movement to take our country back but they do nothing about it. We are doing nothing but talking to faceless people about what we would like to see happen. Until there is action we are no different than the talking heads. I ask all of you to put as much time into telling the sheeple about what you know as you put into this site, we don’t need to spread the word amongst ourselves we need to spread it to the people sitting on the sidelines the people that are not aware. We are the aware but it isn’t relevant if we don’t use this knowledge to advance our cause. I’l step off the pulpit now but I will leave my Avatar as myself.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

not sure why 2 pics showed up?!?!?!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Well said.

As an aside it was Leopard not me that made the comment.

Certain people, certain places, are not ready to make the stand and be counted.

But ask yourself about the original rebels, those who signed their lives, fortunes and sacred honor away on the belief that they were right.

Hmm, I think I have my next post formulating.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Xocjm,
    Sometimes watching and reading the events occuring around us demonstrates the divergent societal extremes that abound giving rise to personal feelings. The personal need to do something contributing to a solution can be strong. Right now for most people structuring their lives to survive a large catastrophic event, natural or man made will be the best use of their energies. Taking action now against ill defined opponents is like using an axe to cut a hole in the sea.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Khrushchev declared: “[…] We must take a shovel and dig a deep grave, and bury colonialism as deep as we can”.[5] Later, on August 24, 1963, Khrushchev remarked in his speech inYugoslavia, “I once said, ‘We will bury you,’ and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you,”[6] a reference to the Marxist saying, “The proletariat is the undertaker of capitalism”, based on the concluding statement in Chapter 1 of the Communist Manifesto: “What the bourgeoisie therefore produces, above all, are its own grave-diggers. Its fall and the victory of the proletariat are equally inevitable.” 

We went over the cliff.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

You can’t convince people of anything. They must convince themselves. What is ‘truth’ or ‘fact’ to me is not necessarily ‘truth’ or ‘fact’ to another. There are some well-funded, active groups that are doing what they can to provide people the opportunity to educate themselves, Chris Martenson’s group ‘Peak Prosperity’ and their new, updated ‘Crash Course’ is the best I can think of off the top of my head. It’s free. Some here might want to take the time and watch it. And, you can volunteer, and set up and hold showings of it as well if you feel so inclined. The key, however, is ‘provide people the opportunity to educate themselves’. I dare say most don’t care and would take umbrage with even this well-thought out and non-threatening (as it could possibly be presented) series.

While I well understand the frustration of wanting to take concrete action, and DO something …well about a lot of things that are now going on in this country…I have yet to see or feel called to any specific action or group. Different people have different roles to play on the blue planet. IMHO. Just as a colony of bees, some are workers, some are drones, some are called to be Queens. Myself? I do not feel called to proselytize to a broader, apparently deaf population.That is not my role. I am, for the time being, content and well occupied, doing what I am doing and; starting from where I am, letting the small little ripples of influence I may be able to affect go forward from my activities. What I am doing, in striving to be more self-sufficient speaks for itself to those that come into my sphere…and from their questions and conversations often do develop. Like attracts like is a universal law, again in my opinion. Those who have arrived at a certain mind set that come to interact with me? We are drawn together for a reason and I let my actions and life style speak for me until the other person feels compelled to question me themselves for my motivations. I have no interest in banging my head against a wall trying to educate the masses. If, for no other reason than I think it is a lost cause.

Someone is in charge of this universe of ours in which our blue planet travels. Define that how you like. I have no doubt that there will be presented the perfect time and the perfect venue for like minded folks to stand up together and, well, take a stand. It hasn’t happened yet. Unlike many, despite the overall sad state of affairs I feel exists in our country today, I do not feel a sense of hopelessness that the country I grew up in is gone forever, or that I will never know it again. I think that time and events and the strong hand of whomever runs the world and has the real power to influence our future fate has yet to speak above a whisper.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>tweva wrote:</div>those that come into my sphere…and from their questions and conversations often do develop. Like attracts like is a universal law, again in my opinion. Those who have arrived at a certain mind set that come to interact with me? We are drawn together for a reason and I let my actions and life style speak for me until the other person feels compelled to question me themselves for my motivations.

:)

Master the spell cannot be broken :)

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Xocjm I think Tweva hit the nail on the head. It is hard to convey anything to somebody with their fingers in their ears going LALALALALALALALALALALA. Many many people see the wolves and the current events but refuse to hear anything other than their imagined utopia of life as normal. It will take a major event/slap in the face for those people to pull their fingers out of their ears and say “Oh #$%& what do I do now”. We the sheepdogs must be as patient as the wolves and wait for the opportunity for the wolves actions to bite them in the backside. There will be a lot of death and destruction but the sheeple will not face it until the wolves draw blood. Then they will turn to us and say teach me what you know. For some it will be to late and they will parish but such is natural selection. Bide your time sir. Speak with those that ask questions and be ready to teach when the others come. I don’t necessarily mean share your preps with those that didn’t prepare but at some point people will stop just trying to survive and start to actively pursue a better life. The weak and ill prepared will have perished and what will be left are the ones with enough snap to do what they needed to do to survive and now see the light of day. By then hopefully our numbers will still be great enough to affect change.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

If people want to learn how to be prepared for what ever can go wrong in the future, they should sign up for Selco’s SHTF school.

I do guide people daily into learning self defense, upgrading their security, being aware of what is happening in their area, growing a vegetable garden… You do not always need to experience something bad before you realize you need to be prepared. I think you only need to look at the international news.

Some people will feel the need to do something. And How can this carry on?! But there is a place and time for everything. A time to warn and a time to be quiet. Tweva’s reply is spot on.

But I do think it is wise to advertise. My survival instinct tell me to stay away from the crowds. Do not let yourself stand out. Just do your thing without attracting attention. And that’s a skill as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.